Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

I wonder how many of the Rangers and Celtic squad will be moving on loan before the transfer deadline? It might be considerably weaker colts teams that continue after the transfer window.

that would have implications about how many clubs you can play for in a season, or does that not apply anymore?

1 hour ago, Cyclizine said:

If the players are going on loan to semi-pro clubs, then there's absolutely no reason why they can't train with their main clubs during the day and then their loan clubs midweek, particularly when most semi-pro teams train in the central belt anyway.

That's feasible I suppose. 

I'm definitely not saying everyone is wrong for opposing it but personally I won't mind them being in the pyramid (definitely oppose being put straight into league two). 
It is hard to say they shouldn't be in the pyramid at all however with some reserve sides already featuring.

30 minutes ago, GroundhopScot said:

That's feasible I suppose. 

I'm definitely not saying everyone is wrong for opposing it but personally I won't mind them being in the pyramid (definitely oppose being put straight into league two). 
It is hard to say they shouldn't be in the pyramid at all however with some reserve sides already featuring.

Yes in the pyramid but start at the bottom like every other new team.

21 minutes ago, GroundhopScot said:

If Edinburgh City reserves had been accepted into the EoSFL you can make the argument for reserve sides in the pyramid.

The rest that exist have never really been in the pyramid. Stirling University never resigned their EoSFL spot and kept their place in the league when joining the Lowland League. The EoS side is meant to fold if the 1st team were ever relegated into the EoSFL.

Stranraer and Caledonian Braves are stuck in the SoSFL with no promotion or relegation. They don't play in any inter-league cup competition either. Stranraer is largely there due to the changes that were coming to the SPFL Reserve/Development set up. As playing Saturdays locally is easier for them as a part-time side than the midweeks over Scotland. Caledonian Braves SoS are only there to prop up their Edusport links.

Nairn County 'A' signed up for the NCL when it was outside the pyramid. The team being created due to the their u20 team aging out and wanting to continue together.

12 minutes ago, ian44wood said:

Yep, can't argue with that.

12 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

If Edinburgh City reserves had been accepted into the EoSFL you can make the argument for reserve sides in the pyramid.

The rest that exist have never really been in the pyramid. Stirling University never resigned their EoSFL spot and kept their place in the league when joining the Lowland League. The EoS side is meant to fold if the 1st team were ever relegated into the EoSFL.

Stranraer and Caledonian Braves are stuck in the SoSFL with no promotion or relegation. They don't play in any inter-league cup competition either. Stranraer is largely there due to the changes that were coming to the SPFL Reserve/Development set up. As playing Saturdays locally is easier for them as a part-time side than the midweeks over Scotland. Caledonian Braves SoS are only there to prop up their Edusport links.

Nairn County 'A' signed up for the NCL when it was outside the pyramid. The team being created due to the their u20 team aging out and wanting to continue together.

Yeah I get that. However whilst they exist where they do it'd hard to deny Celtic/Rangers some sort of entry into the pyramid. 

15 minutes ago, GroundhopScot said:

Yeah I get that. However whilst they exist where they do it'd hard to deny Celtic/Rangers some sort of entry into the pyramid. 

It's actually pretty easy to deny. The non-league pyramid is represented by 8 different leagues. Only 2 of those leagues, the two smallest and most geographically isolated, have voted to accept 2nd XIs as a permanent member of their league. The NCL doing so when they weren't a member of the pyramid and the SoSFL when the 2nd XIs were explicitly barred from participation in the pyramid.

On 19/07/2021 at 15:10, ian44wood said:

This is certainly my position, and generally the position of people I know.

There's a very real perception of damage done to the credibility of Scottish Football by allowing them in at tier 5, over other more deserving teams. They've gained a place in a league on the back of the support of clubs less than ten years old who happened to be in the right place at the right time to get into tier 5. That said, the juniors only have themselves to blame for their lack of engagement earlier which would have made this all moot.

33 minutes ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

This is a worry. 454 at Ainslie Park tonight.

Normally they get figures from the cars parked and trolleys missing in the Morrisons car park and the Easy Jet flights above so I wouldn't worry too much. :whistle

Normally they get figures from the cars parked and trolleys missing in the Morrisons car park and the Easy Jet flights above so I wouldn't worry too much. :whistle

IMG_4176.jpg

For a minute there i thought i saw a greeny from marshy to newky. Nah, it couldn’t have been. No chance. Nah.

15 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Is that crowd supposed to be impressive or not impressive?

Impressive by Lowland League standards.

For Spartans headcounts in 2018-19 their league average was 188. In the curtailed 2019-20 their league average was 175 with a high of 411.

5 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Impressive by Lowland League standards.

For Spartans headcounts in 2018-19 their league average was 188. In the curtailed 2019-20 their league average was 175 with a high of 411.

Wow. LL ruined their reputation for a couple of hundred punters through the door. 

To think, this is the peak as well, when it’s all fresh and new. Hopefully the bribe was worth it for the clubs.