Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

42 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

What's hypocritical about going on FF and laughing at the specimens on there? Do you actually know what the word means?

Hypocrite
If you accuse someone of being a hypocrite, you mean that they pretend to have qualities, beliefs, or feelings that they do not really have.

I'm happy with the use of the word in this instance - but I'm happy to be educated by your goodself if you feel it necessary?

54 minutes ago, MDM said:

Hypocrite
If you accuse someone of being a hypocrite, you mean that they pretend to have qualities, beliefs, or feelings that they do not really have.

I'm happy with the use of the word in this instance - but I'm happy to be educated by your goodself if you feel it necessary?

Well it doesn't follow that reading an OF forum doesn't mean you hate the OF. That's why your use of the word was wrong.

1 hour ago, MDM said:

Hypocrite

Yeah, you're using words you clearly don't understand m8. Maybe stick to one, or at most two-syllable efforts. 

I can only deduce two possibilities here:

1. You're trolling - in which case, well done on convincing everyone that you are as thick as f**k; or

2. You're actually as thick as f**k. 

Ouch. 

4 hours ago, MDM said:

What's your point GordonS?

I've been to Linlithgow and seen the same scenario.  I've seen the same scenario in a number of grounds all over the country.  It isn't an Old Firm thing.  

Your point is obviously whataboutery, and I'm not playing.

19 hours ago, GroundhopScot said:

As a groundhopper 

Are you that blert that wrote the book about travelling over Scotland going to different grounds? The one claiming to be a Hearts fan, but was also an Alloa fan for years and also had a season ticket at Pittodrie for a while. And whilst being a Hearts fan, went to a Hibs game and enjoyed the day cheering on the Hibees. 

A grade A c*nt in other words

Apologies if not. 

19 minutes ago, StewartyMac said:

Are you that blert that wrote the book about travelling over Scotland going to different grounds? The one claiming to be a Hearts fan, but was also an Alloa fan for years and also had a season ticket at Pittodrie for a while. And whilst being a Hearts fan, went to a Hibs game and enjoyed the day cheering on the Hibees. 

A grade A c*nt in other words

Apologies if not. 

Haha I can confirm this was not me!

I support neither Hearts nor Hibs, and I'll only be visiting my rivals ground in the away end.
I've also never written a book.

11 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Maybe i'm missing something, but so far this close season Celtic have signed three Englishmen aged 18, 20 & 20. Then the other day a 19 year old Israeli.

I'm sure it's just 'B' teams that will be some sort of magic bullet to solve youth development in Scotland :whistle

Gonna be interesting to see how many future Scotland Internationalists actually play this season compared to non-Scots.

It's started already with the OF colts dictating when they can and can't play in the LL.

Berwick Rangers@OfficialBRFC

Next week’s scheduled away fixture against Celtic B - due to take place on Wednesday, July 21 - has been postponed. Supporters will be notified of the new fixture date as soon as it has been arranged.

I suspect that it's their ground share agreement with Airdrie who may be playing at home the same night that's the issue.  They should just award Berwick a 3-0 win for Celtic being unable to fulfil their fixture.  Failing that, or perhaps even better, just empty them out the league.
Edited by Footballfirst

43 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Its more Premier Sports dictating and the cascade of that decision. 

Something that could have happened with Broomhill, Cumbernauld Colts, East Stirlingshire, Stirling University, and Spartans potentially. 

Is it?  Conflicts at ground shares are usually easily solved.   You try as best as you can to have teams playing on alternate weeks,  but when not possible you have the tennant play a day late/ early.    Christ we can work around 3 teams at one ground without significant postponement . Shouldn’t be difficult with 2.

Why can’t this game take place on the Tuesday?

5 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Is it?  Conflicts at ground shares are usually easily solved.   You try as best as you can to have teams playing on alternate weeks,  but when not possible you have the tennant play a day late/ early.    Christ we can work around 3 teams at one ground without significant postponement . Shouldn’t be difficult with 2.

Exactly Celtic B game could have been brought forward.

Celtic will have known about Airdrie being at home for ages.

7 hours ago, parsforlife said:

The original Airdrie v. Motherwell game was scheduled for TV on the Tuesday and was only changed on the 9th. So the ground would be free with no other booking.

It took the better part of a week between that being changed and Berwick announcing the postponement of their fixture. That would suggest there has been talks over what to do. As it takes two clubs to agree to a change I don't know where the "blame" is supposed to lie in this instance.

The original Airdrie v. Motherwell game was scheduled for TV on the Tuesday and was only changed on the 9th. So the ground would be free with no other booking.
It took the better part of a week between that being changed and Berwick announcing the postponement of their fixture. That would suggest there has been talks over what to do. As it takes two clubs to agree to a change I don't know where the "blame" is supposed to lie in this instance.

It lies with the home team, who haven't been able to perform the very simple task of finding a suitable stadium to play at.