Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

11 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Linfield getting fisted home and away against a team from, errr Lithuania is always good viewing too.

A team that finished with 9 men as well. And former Tartan Army favourite Mikoliunas scored one of the goals.

Northern Ireland clearly needs B teams in their lower leagues.

Arguments on social media all morning with Rangers fans pretending to actually care about the Scottish national side and the ongoing welfare of the game in general. 

I'd have a modicum more respect for them if they just flat out admitted this idea benefitted the Old Firm and nobody else. Or in other words, the truth. 

I don't think anyone believes that having these two B teams in the lowland league will suddenly produce a host of future Scotland players.

Scotland has a number of Club Academies, 9 at Elite level with the 2 B teams among them.

Billy Gilmour is the most notable example of a player coming through the academy system.

I reckon that the decision to play in the LL and a desire to play at an even higher level is motivated simply to develop these players further.                                                                                  Most definitely, though this is only going to be done for the benefit of these two clubs, initially at least.

Even if most players don't make it to the highest level, they could certainly earn a living within the game & will certainly become part of the pool of players that lower league clubs would want.

1 minute ago, VodkaTap said:

I don't think anyone believes that having these two B teams in the lowland league will suddenly produce a host of future Scotland players.

Scotland has a number of Club Academies, 9 at Elite level with the 2 B teams among them.

Billy Gilmour is the most notable example of a player coming through the academy system.

I reckon that the decision to play in the LL and a desire to play at an even higher level is motivated simply to develop these players further.                                                                                  Most definitely, though this is only going to be done for the benefit of these two clubs, initially at least.

Even if most players don't make it to the highest level, they could certainly earn a living within the game & will certainly become part of the pool of players that lower league clubs would want.

I think the question a lot of people have is will the existence of B teams actually significantly improve the players who would be in those academies anyway or will the existence of B teams simply allow the clubs with B teams to collect up more of the better young players available anyway?

Both would effectively lead to more 'good' players coming through B teams but the latter wouldn't actually improve the overall standard of young Scottish players produced.

2 hours ago, Benidorm said:

To the surprise of absolutely no one, two of the main pushers for colt teams, Iain McMemenemy at Stenny and George Fraser at Broomhill are both Rangers fans.

O ffs 2 Scotsmen found to support Rangers, alert the media

31 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

I think the question a lot of people have is will the existence of B teams actually significantly improve the players who would be in those academies anyway or will the existence of B teams simply allow the clubs with B teams to collect up more of the better young players available anyway?

I am sure everyone is asking that very same question, including those running the B teams as well.

I reckon that the rationale behind this decision to play in the LL is really to expand on the variety of teams that their youngsters will play against.

Having the 9 elite teams playing against each other so often would be very repetitive and maybe not develop them as much as would be hoped.

Who knows really. It is a big step in the dark for everyone and am sure the conclusions reached at the end of this next season will be studied very carefully by everyone.

8 hours ago, StewartyMac said:

Arguments on social media all morning with Rangers fans pretending to actually care about the Scottish national side and the ongoing welfare of the game in general. 

I'd have a modicum more respect for them if they just flat out admitted this idea benefitted the Old Firm and nobody else. Or in other words, the truth. 

I read a Rangers fan saying on follow follow there that B teams in the Premier League would undermine any concept of a fair competition.

They want B teams, but they don't want to play them either.

Hypocrite b*****ds.

On 11/05/2021 at 20:10, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

(* The other ground I haven't been to is EK, and they'll be seeing none of my money, the callous sharks.)

Apologies for resurrecting an old post, just came across it and wanted to say that if you want to visit K Park, you could go and see Celtic Women. 

24 minutes ago, GroundhopScot said:

However from a development POV I think it'd be better for these players to play competitive football whilst still receiving the best coaching the country has to offer rather than go on loan and play for teams with inferior coaches 

Rangers and Celtic coaching staff have hardly proven themselves as any good at developing players for the first team. Why is the opposition likely to change that?

2 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Rangers and Celtic coaching staff have hardly proven themselves as any good at developing players for the first team. Why is the opposition likely to change that?

There are excellent coaches across Scotland for sure, but I've no doubt the coaching (facilities will matter too) at Celtic/Rangers are of a higher standard than the likes of Championship clubs where these players may end up being loaned to.
Regarding opposition it's hard to see what level they're currently at without seeing them play so I'm really not sure.

I think it'd assist with player development rather than hindering it but I get why a lot of people don't want it too.

17 minutes ago, GroundhopScot said:

There are excellent coaches across Scotland for sure, but I've no doubt the coaching (facilities will matter too) at Celtic/Rangers are of a higher standard than the likes of Championship clubs where these players may end up being loaned to.
Regarding opposition it's hard to see what level they're currently at without seeing them play so I'm really not sure.

I think it'd assist with player development rather than hindering it but I get why a lot of people don't want it too.

How many coaches have you known to come out of the Celtic and Rangers youth bubble to become successful head coaches/managers elsewhere?

29 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Why is this thread still open?

Because we all know that the arse cheeks will never ever let it rest. Please see the many P and B threads on this topic some several years old and many pages long.The proposals will almost certainly be revived again this season and next, especially as Rangers and Celtic colts now at last have a toehold in the SPFL. via the Lowland  League.

14 minutes ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

Because we all know that the arse cheeks will never ever let it rest. Please see the many P and B threads on this topic some several years old and many pages long.The proposals will almost certainly be revived again this season and next, especially as Rangers and Celtic colts now at last have a toehold in the SPFL. via the Lowland  League.

Hopefully they get knocked out the Challenge Cup at the first attempt, and perform as an average Lowland League side.

Otherwise, their mates in the media will keep the topic alive through the season.

1 hour ago, GordonS said:

Apologies for resurrecting an old post, just came across it and wanted to say that if you want to visit K Park, you could go and see Celtic Women. 

That's my plan. :) 

39 minutes ago, Marten said:

That's my plan. :) 

I watched an Old Firm game there, it was very strange. There was a group of about 20-30 Celtic bams behind the goal singing songs and waving flags, with no apparent interest in the game. Along the main stand it was pretty tense as groups of fans - mostly family and friends of the players - were mixed among each other and seemed to be intimidated into staying relatively quiet. 

8 hours ago, GordonS said:

I watched an Old Firm game there, it was very strange. There was a group of about 20-30 Celtic bams behind the goal singing songs and waving flags, with no apparent interest in the game. Along the main stand it was pretty tense as groups of fans - mostly family and friends of the players - were mixed among each other and seemed to be intimidated into staying relatively quiet. 

What's your point GordonS?

I've been to Linlithgow and seen the same scenario.  I've seen the same scenario in a number of grounds all over the country.  It isn't an Old Firm thing.  

11 hours ago, Benidorm said:

I read a Rangers fan saying on follow follow there that B teams in the Premier League would undermine any concept of a fair competition.

They want B teams, but they don't want to play them either.

Hypocrite b*****ds.

Hates the Old Firm

Reads the Old Firm fans forums

Calls THEM hypocrites !