Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

23 hours ago, johnmc80 said:

Sad day to see dumbarton fc bending over and accommodating the full length of the colts in exchange for there pitch being cut by rangers ‘b’ groundsman. Moonster will be burning his season book as we speak.

Just glad Ayr didn't let them in

None of this is a surprise. It's exactly what they've said from the start.

Which is why people have felt the LL trial would be pointless because the SPFL lower leagues will toss out the proposal like every other occasion. The SFA also agreeing since they never distribute the Innovation Paper since they felt it would fail due to the inclusion of 'B' teams.

Edited by FairWeatherFan

Is that to allow Brechin a couple of attempts at getting back into the SPFL?

I can't see such a proposal getting much traction if the financial distribution cuts the cash to clubs in order to fund the additional six in the new set up.

Edited by Footballfirst

9 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

It may well be their way of getting similar experience for their youths as the OF B teams.

On the other hand, their last link up (with Spartans) was a complete failure.

Their last was with Stenhousemuir last season, which seemed to go alright by all accounts. 

1 hour ago, Big Fifer said:

Oh. Look. 

George Fraser was right - it was only for one season. 

I did say at the time that he knew they were going to go for SPFL status soon, and wanted a bite of the pie while it was still available knowing it would happen anyway.

2 minutes ago, AlansHotBath said:

Their last was with Stenhousemuir last season, which seemed to go alright by all accounts. 

I was referring to their last LL link, but was aware of the Stenny link last season.  Indeed, I will see the dad of one of the lads who progressed via CSS to Stenny last season at my local when I go out for a pint shortly.

On the Croatian B sides thing as well. Judging by the attendances in their second tier (from 2019) only one club averaging around 2k you could argue would have the resources to run full time. The rest are all attracting sub 500 gates and there's a couple of top flight clubs with poorer attendances than the likes of Elgin and Stirling Albion. We've got another, what, 11/12 completely full time clubs out of the Premiership currently and an additional hybrid I think at Airdrie. You're also potentially looking at even more full time clubs in the next five years. Dumbarton's new owners seem to have suggested intentions and at the rate of spending going on at Cove, Kelty etc you'd imagine by the time they get into the Championship it'll be a serious consideration for them. The drop off there looks considerably worse from the top league to the second compared to here, the only thing bridging it is the shit stinking out the bottom couple of places in that league every year, be surprised if their top league is completely professional tbh.  At least there the reserves/colts there probably add a full time presence to their second tier which on paper barely even matches up to League 2 here. In 2016/2017 the highest supported second tier team had a league best of 421.  Only four teams out of the entire 42 here had less. 

And the Colts are sub 300 draws over there too. So if the next Luka Modric starts three games against a bunch of farmers for the Hadjuk Split Colts In years to come, I can't imagine that'll be what sent him to the top tbh.  At least there anyway there's some semblance of benefitting the game because their domestic game outside of a few clubs is actually quite weak, this is all about leaving a presence whenever they can bugger off to the Premiership or the Atlantic League or wherever the f**k will take them. 

Edited by Benidorm

We need to have all big sides playing colt teams in the lower leagues.

This is about making sure Scottish players develop.

They do it in Croatia, and they have reached a World Cup Final, and just knocked us out of the EURO 2020.  

They do it Germany, Spain, France, the Netherlands and Portugal.

Why are they more patriotic than us? Why do they care more about developing young players there? Why are there so many people in Scotland who want to see their own country not produce top players.

I cannot understand what people’s problem with having colt teams in the lower divisions.

Aberdeen, Motherwell, Dundee, Dundee United, Hearts and Hibs should also have colt teams in the lower leagues.

For me the priority of Scottish football should be;

1. To have a strong international side.

2. To have club sides that do well in Europe.

This way the Celtic and Rangers can buy in great foreign and experienced players but still develop great Scottish players, regardless. It is the perfect solution.

Why do some traitorous clowns think it is more important that a part time team finishes 4 or 5 places higher in the league than Scotland producing great player?

They would rather the Scotland team got slaughtered than their precious part time team 4 places lower in the lower divisions.

I cannot see why playing a b team is so terrible. When most part time clubs do not mind Celtic or Rangers sending a virtual B team to play a friendly or cup game.

It is just conservative nonsense, from fans who are offended by an idea that helps Scotland produce better players.

The point in having strong grassroots is to have a strong national team. There is no point in having strong grassroots but a rubbish national team.

We need to have all big sides playing colt teams in the lower leagues.
This is about making sure Scottish players develop.
They do it in Croatia, and they have reached a World Cup Final, and just knocked us out of the EURO 2020.  
They do it Germany, Spain, France, the Netherlands and Portugal.

They do it in Albania, Armenia and Azerbaijan, too. Fancy emulating their Euros performance?