Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

2 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Fair point there has been nothing to spend your money on for the last year apart from the bare essentials.

It’s all relative though, if people have lost 20% of their wage due to furlough then it’s probably balanced out, and if everyone else’s house is anything like mine then people will have been battering the online shops!

4 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Can you honestly see it lasting just one year?

Even if it is just one year it's another step to normalising it. Just like letting them in Challenge Cup was. It'll be really easy for them two to point to a "succesful" trial period in the Lowland League in a few years time to help push it forward. No doubt one half decent player will emerge into the Old Firm first team set up after a handful of games in the Lowland League next year and they'll latch on him as an example of what good B teams can do.

Theoretical question - should this last for one season only, as agreed, will people still hold the same level of anger about it?
Wishing death on clubs because of one decision you disagree with is rancid patter.
Of course they will, you lot are now toxic not that it will matter much as if this parody of a club bs whatever are around in two years i will be gobsmacked.

29 minutes ago, arnlow said:
3 hours ago, Born To Run said:
Theoretical question - should this last for one season only, as agreed, will people still hold the same level of anger about it?
Wishing death on clubs because of one decision you disagree with is rancid patter.

Of course they will, you lot are now toxic not that it will matter much as if this parody of a club bs whatever are around in two years i will be gobsmacked.

"You lot"...careful there Gassy...

Why do you never engage in a debate after your posts? Oh wait....your grade is dead!

Even if (a big IF) they leave the pyramid after one year, you can bet they will keep putting the pressure on to get into the SPFL. The SFA is also behind this disgrace of a plan now. If that happens, it will be devastating for lower league football in general. The potential long term damage of this is massive. So yes, I will still be angry with these 11, I won't forgive them for it.

This plan shouldn't even have been discussed, even getting it to a vote was disgraceful. Voting it through was even worse.

1 minute ago, Marten said:

Even if (a big IF) they leave the pyramid after one year, you can bet they will keep putting the pressure on to get into the SPFL. The SFA is also behind this disgrace of a plan now. If that happens, it will be devastating for lower league football in general. The potential long term damage of this is massive. So yes, I will still be angry with these 11, I won't forgive them for it.

This plan shouldn't even have been discussed, even getting it to a vote was disgraceful. Voting it through was even worse.

The main people behind this proposal are part of the SFA's work group that's trying to get 'B' teams into the SPFL. It's not going away.

1 hour ago, arnlow said:
4 hours ago, Born To Run said:

The juniors certainly won’t be around as they are still dead.

1 hour ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Even if it is just one year it's another step to normalising it. Just like letting them in Challenge Cup was. It'll be really easy for them two to point to a "succesful" trial period in the Lowland League in a few years time to help push it forward. No doubt one half decent player will emerge into the Old Firm first team set up after a handful of games in the Lowland League next year and they'll latch on him as an example of what good B teams can do.

That’s what I mean no danger it’s a one off.

3 hours ago, Big Dougie said:

Some good points, and I would normally say that is the easiest way. However in these current Covid times people have less disposable income, and as I said some of the clubs have no real fans to speak of so this may be an easier option.

Going to disagree here bud.

Yes, there are a few people with less income due to work issues. However, there  are a lot of people with more disposable income due to not having foreign holidays etc. to spend their money on.

The home improvements part of the building trade ( extensions, conversions, kitchens etc.) is many, many times busier than any other year due to this. 

6 hours ago, Born To Run said:

Theoretical answer - yes I would still be pissed off about it and I would also be incredibly surprised (it isn't going to happen).

I agree with you to an extent - my club has voted for this horrible shite but the fans fucking hate it and we don't want to lose our wee team, so I'm not keen on the Charles Bronson messages.

Hope your club dies.
Again.
1. It's a year.
2. There are no clauses linking it to any other initiatives.
3. There were no promotions, so it's not getting in the way of progress from the tier below.

Without liberal use of 'likely', 'probably' and sticking to actual fact, tell me why this is bad for anyone else? Fire on with 'disgrace', 'rancid' and 'hope your club dies' I can hear your knuckles dragging from here...

19 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I read it, it's pish. We're talking about £3,000 to each club here. To put that into context, I used to run the "Play for the Sons" fundraising matches where fans of the club would buy a shirt and get to play 90 minutes at the stadium, with two Dumbarton "legends" as managers of each team. Across the two events we raised over £10,000. Are you trying to tell me this is the only way these clubs could think of to raise 3 fucking thousand pound? They're fucking at it. 

What is there, 16 clubs? 

Surely you could set up a fundraiser and find enough folk across the country willing to stick a fiver/tenner in each to cover the £50k to tell the old firm to bolt

Without liberal use of 'likely', 'probably' and sticking to actual fact, tell me why this is bad for anyone else? Fire on with 'disgrace', 'rancid' and 'hope your club dies' I can hear your knuckles dragging from here...

The cases against have been laid out on here time and time again. You've been a member over a decade, you know exactly the reasons why. Away with your trolling pish.

The cases against have been laid out on here time and time again. You've been a member over a decade, you know exactly the reasons why. Away with your trolling pish.
Have they, have they really. No, beyond unsubstantiated anti old firm whataboutery, I've not seen one. Go on, humour me. But remember:-

1. It's a year.
2. There are no clauses linking it to any other initiatives.
3. There were no promotions, so it's not getting in the way of progress from the tier below.

Without liberal use of 'likely', 'probably' and sticking to actual fact, tell me why this is bad for anyone?

Because it’s a foot in the door 

Because it’s not at the foot of the pyramid

Because it buys time to ramp up the SPFL 2 accession

Because SPFL 2 clubs will object to any club who do not finish in 1st place in LL being put forward into play off.  The arbitration did not consider that possibility

That the play off agreement states a team put forward must be from a competition involving clubs that are not SPFL members