Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

5 hours ago, Marten said:

Considering the undeniable fact that this undermines the integrity of the pyramid and the potential of this to affect other leagues long-term it should not just be up to the LL to decide this. If it's allowed to do this by just letting LL clubs vote, then the rules should change. Even just putting this to a vote is a disgrace. This is why outside pressure is not only justified, but highly necessary. 

A league that sells places for monetary gain deserves to be punished by sanctions if they dont want to involve anyone else. Similar proposals were put to League 1 & 2 teams and were thrown out a few times without the need for a vote at the time. If a number of Lowland League teams want to pursue something that the leagues above have clearly rejected then those teams should possibly be excluded from gaining  promotion through the play offs. Teams that can run two teams should  be responsible for providing suitable games for them not taking places meant for actual clubs trying to climb the pyramid

34 minutes ago, VodkaTap said:

For everyone benefit let me make it absolutely clear about my position as regards the decision to allow the colts in the LL

I believe that all fans are perfectly within their rights to make their views known as to the rights or wrongs of this decision.

I believe that it is ultimately for only the LL clubs to vote and make their decision.

I accept when they say that this decision is for 1 year only.
I accept when they say that promotion and relegation will be unaffected by their participation.

I believe that any possible continuation after this year will mean that, after examination of this experiment, more discussion and another vote will again be needed by the LL clubs.

I do believe that the old firm will want to use this to further their ambitions within the SPFL.

I believe that the colts cannot move from the LL without acceptance by the SPFL clubs.
The colts cannot be foisted into the SPFL by any means without agreement.

As can be seen from all of the above, at no time have I expressed a personal opinion as to whether having the colts in the LL is right or wrong.

What I have been arguing for is the right of the LL clubs only to make that decision since it is only the LL clubs that are directly affect by the decision they have taken.

I have already stated my position regarding relegation  - the number of places should be increased.
Again tho, only the LL clubs can make a change regarding this but they must recognise the pressure for change is becoming much stronger & the status quo is no longer valid.

Hopefully I wont need to respond so much to the various posts !!!

All very fair, but for you to fail to see beyond this "one year experiment" is either naively, or wilfully, missing the obvious next step they will try to take. They simply should have been denied the opportunity. LL clubs accepting such a paltry amount makes it worse.

20 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

All very fair, but for you to fail to see beyond this "one year experiment" is either naively, or wilfully, missing the obvious next step they will try to take. They simply should have been denied the opportunity. LL clubs accepting such a paltry amount makes it worse.

Nope - I am neither naive nor wilfully missing the obvious step they will try to make.

You have cherrypicked the statement to quote yet you ignore the previous parts where I stated

I do believe that the old firm will want to use this to further their ambitions within the SPFL.

I believe that the colts cannot move from the LL without acceptance by the SPFL clubs.

As to whether they were right to chose to accept the sum that they did is again a decision for the LL clubs to make !!

For everyone benefit let me make it absolutely clear about my position as regards the decision to allow the colts in the LL
I believe that all fans are perfectly within their rights to make their views known as to the rights or wrongs of this decision.
I believe that it is ultimately for only the LL clubs to vote and make their decision.
I accept when they say that this decision is for 1 year only.
I accept when they say that promotion and relegation will be unaffected by their participation.
I believe that any possible continuation after this year will mean that, after examination of this experiment, more discussion and another vote will again be needed by the LL clubs.
As can be seen from all of the above, at no time have I expressed a personal opinion as to whether having the colts in the LL is right or wrong.
What I have been arguing for is the right of the LL clubs only to make that decision since it is only the LL clubs that are directly affect by the decision they have taken.
I have already stated my position regarding relegation  - the number of places should be increased.
Again tho, only the LL clubs can make a change regarding this but they must recognise the pressure for change is becoming much stronger & the status quo is no longer valid.
Hopefully I wont need to respond so much to the various posts !!!
So what's your personal opinion?

Fucking hell, playing "home games" at Dumbarton or Ayr in front of sub 300 crowds against BSC naewhere, students, glorified boys clubs and French jobbers paying five figures to play in the Lowland League for a year. :lol: 

Thats us definitely winning the next World Cup. John Collins, you were correct all along. 

Edited by Benidorm

On 26/05/2021 at 15:21, VodkaTap said:

ok - just for you I will give you example 

HL champion goes to SPFL 2 & team 42 go to LL = LL+1

Having the established principle that league numbers will be kept at 16, how should the LL deal with this possibility ?

Will the EOS, WOS & SOS accept a variable numbers of relegation spots ???

Not being funny but I've read the rules and know how it all works. Clearly the tier 6 leagues have no problem with an imbalance scenario, as they have signed up to the pyramid.

On the other hand, if Elgin or Forfar get relegated by the LL champions, the bottom placed LL team gets a reprieve. This was a rule the LL changed two seasons ago, when it used to be that the bottom team would have to reapply for the vacant space. Got to look after their own I suppose.

1 hour ago, peternapper said:

When is the next meeting to decide whether to end the Lowland League as a credible sporting competition  or turn it into a meaningless kick about for some Old Firm wanabees

The AGM is/was this evening.

Edit: I noticed in the EEN article it says "To proceed, SLFL clubs will have to agree to waive Rule F7 in the league constitution, which stipulates that any alterations to the rules must be submitted to the secretary, in writing, on or before April 30. The indicative vote was not held until May 10." - so what's the point in that rule if the clubs can just overrule it?

Edited by Ginaro

So are we assuming no one changed their vote and it remains the case that Bonnyrigg Rose, Bo'ness United, Civil Service Strollers, Dalbeattie Star & Edinburgh Uni are the good guys with the other 11 voting in favour?

If so, I sincerely hope all 11 of those clubs die.

Stambles, after such a promising start to his “career” in football governance / admin, I truly hope George Fraser is never given any chance to influence any football decisions again in the Scottish game.

Oh, and that his pointless club goes bust.

Sad sad day for Scottish football.

6 hours ago, Burnieman said:

There's an absence of news about increased promotion opportunities from tier 6......

I wouldn't hold your breath it would easily have helped balance out some of the negative criticism of the Colts inclusion.

Chris Ewing from Caley Braves also has a LL Blazer now. Another one looking above and scared of below.

B sides instead of Colts, no guarantee its only Scots getting developed.

Clear to see how brilliant this all is for Scottish football.

Fucking scabs.

On 26/05/2021 at 18:11, peternapper said:

A league that sells places for monetary gain deserves to be punished by sanctions if they dont want to involve anyone else. Similar proposals were put to League 1 & 2 teams and were thrown out a few times without the need for a vote at the time. If a number of Lowland League teams want to pursue something that the leagues above have clearly rejected then those teams should possibly be excluded from gaining  promotion through the play offs. Teams that can run two teams should  be responsible for providing suitable games for them not taking places meant for actual clubs trying to climb the pyramid

Whose going to punish and exclude them? The SFA? That signed off on the proposal, or the SPFL? That recently lost a court battle trying to stop the pyramid playoffs from happening this season. 🤔

Seen quite a few of the old firm fans who pretend they like Caley Braves or The club formerly known as BSC giving it ‘cOlT tEaMs WoRkEd In ThE nEtHeRlAnDs’, no one seems to have worked out that theres a direct correlation between B teams winning dutch leagues and their lowest Fifa rankings of all time. 
That vote has shown the LL to be nothing but a shower of self interested opportunists, shame on George Fraser for whinging about sporting integrity and then displaying absolutely no regard for it. Its absolutely clear that with the refusal to expand relegation into tier 6 that they are absolutely terrified of what is below them. However they’ve no set a precedent that anyone can buy their way into the LL for £25,000 which just absolutely spits in the face of clubs who’ve spent over ten times that to compete. I look forward to seeing all these diddy teams getting relegated.