Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Rangers 'B' looking to use Somerset Park. Ayrshire's finally get a Lowland League side 🤣

Don't have the PDF but wasn't one of the stipulations that the OF play at a licensed ground? Presumably so they can accept spectators rather than playing at their training grounds.

On 20/05/2021 at 12:25, Redcar said:

After a Zoom meeting, the Yes vote has increased its majority in the Berwick constituency. 

Still disagree, but enough. Time to move on. 

That's quite interesting. I'm surprised it has grown.

If the shire fans had a say I reckon it would be voted down. But we live in a totalitarian way of life 

1 minute ago, Born To Run said:

Hearing that Rangers B could be sharing with  Dumbarton. Puzzled as to why Auchenhowie isn’t being used, must be related to the women’s side using it & Covid protocols?

I imagine a licenced ground would be required, since an SFA licence is mandatory for playing in the Lowland League. I would have hoped all the potential ground owners would refuse to accommodate the arse cheeks on principle, mind.

4 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

I imagine a licenced ground would be required, since an SFA licence is mandatory for playing in the Lowland League. I would have hoped all the potential ground owners would refuse to accommodate the arse cheeks on principle, mind.

Yeah, it will be to do with licensing, and the many fans who will be rushing to these competitive games (that don't count for anything for the Colt teams at the end of the season).

I think owners/chairmen are less likely to be against it than fans are, and it's easy to sell the rental of your ground as a way to make a bit of cash without actually letting the Colts into your own league (for now)

12 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

It was a requirement to have either a SPFL registered ground, or one that was compliant with Entry Level licencing requirements.

If the shire fans had a say I reckon it would be voted down. But we live in a totalitarian way of life 
To be fair, I'd have reckoned that the Berwick fans would have too. Not having a pop; but does it perhaps suggest that the trends, taken as 'the source of the truth' from mostly anonymous social media, isn't really the voice of the SLFL fans. Maybe Shire should actually ask too; and other SLFL clubs.

1 hour ago, A Believer said:
21 hours ago, craigiemack said:

To be fair, I'd have reckoned that the Berwick fans would have too. Not having a pop; but does it perhaps suggest that the trends, taken as 'the source of the truth' from mostly anonymous social media, isn't really the voice of the SLFL fans. Maybe Shire should actually ask too; and other SLFL clubs.

I think if the shire did a vote it would be close, the problem is we can't really as there isn't a definitive group of shire fans. The supporters club doesn't have enough members to get a proper view, the ShireTrust I have no idea about, I tried to join it 8 years ago and still not heard haha. We have a fans forum on Facebook but there are a lot of non shire fans on it so not exactly fair them getting a vote on an important club matter.

The one thing I think though is a lot of people who support teams at this level were once OF fans, meaning they are more inclined to be in favour of this. Particularly the new clubs like EK, BSC, caley braves etc

3 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Let’s be clear here,  whatever club let’s them use their ground for B teams to play are putting themselves firmly on that list of rats along with Fraser and the pathetic clubs that vote them in. 

Could be EK and Caley Braves to double their rat status.