Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

53 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Why would the 2nd placed teams in the SoSFL/WoSFL/EoSFL not be eligible for promotion if the 1st placed club isn't but it's the opposite in the LL. Get these diddies told that if they want OF colts and one of them wins the league, there's no play-off for anyone else.

This... If none have eligible champions, nobody will go up, yet the LL want to change the rule that the team in 3rd can go up? I think it's only fair enough if the play-off is between the highest placed eligible teams in the SoSFL/WoSFL/EoSFL. Possibly with a caveat that they have to finish top 3 or so to prevent a team finishing low down getting in the PO (unlikely to happen anyway, but ok).

The Lowland League hierarchy has a few days to row back from one of the stupidest and most undemocratic decisions ever to be taken in Scottish football.  If they open the door to any form of Colt Clubs then history will not judge them kindly.

What was it Burns wrote about a parcel o' rogues ?

The lowland league should maybe be told before they have their final vote to ratify the arrangement that since they have gone their own way there will be no place for Lowland League winners next season in the play off to SPFL 2, Highland League winners to play club 42.

3 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

LL top guy Fraser on Radio Scotland last night confirming that (a) Colts for one year is good for everyone , (b) it's for one year only as they gave a committment to the SPFL that the LL will be back to 16 clubs the year after, (c) the top placed non-OF club will go forward to the play offs, irrespective of whether they win it or not.

As I posted on another thread on this topic, when reserve sides topped the old C division, nobody got promoted.

Edited by Jacksgranda
Grandma

Some interesting comments and some absolute pish too. On the Berwick fan Facebook page, we did a poll with the vast majority coming out against the Colts joining however the powers that be, with the organised Supporters groups, decided to go with the League proposal. There's good arguments for and against but some of the numpties on here calling for a boycott or petitions who have never been near a Lowland league game are just stirring the shite, and one or two of their own club's ownership has been questionable for years.  I'm not too enamoured with the decision myself, I know some Berwick fans are absolutely livid. Of course it's about money, every club will want the benefit and I bet you none of the five 'no' voters will turn down the extra money they receive.

So calm down Space Cadets and get your own houses in order first before you start throwing stones.

7 minutes ago, dougster said:

Some interesting comments and some absolute pish too. On the Berwick fan Facebook page, we did a poll with the vast majority coming out against the Colts joining however the powers that be, with the organised Supporters groups, decided to go with the League proposal. There's good arguments for and against but some of the numpties on here calling for a boycott or petitions who have never been near a Lowland league game are just stirring the shite, and one or two of their own club's ownership has been questionable for years.  I'm not too enamoured with the decision myself, I know some Berwick fans are absolutely livid. Of course it's about money, every club will want the benefit and I bet you none of the five 'no' voters will turn down the extra money they receive.

So calm down Space Cadets and get your own houses in order first before you start throwing stones.

There are no good arguments for, none whatsoever. The clubs who voted for this absolutely disgraceful plan have just thrown the integrity of the pyramid in the bin. A boycott is fully justified.

What's the good arguments for the proposal then?

The clubs in the SPFL have came out against this time and again. On this issue they very much have their house in order. The LL clubs have folded the minute they got offered a paltry sum of money.

43 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

What's the good arguments for the proposal then?

The clubs in the SPFL have came out against this time and again. On this issue they very much have their house in order. The LL clubs have folded the minute they got offered a paltry sum of money.

Please see the filmed interviews on these links.

John Kennedy makes good points: https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11781/12303668/john-kennedy-celtic-rangers-b-teams-can-stop-players-from-falling-through-the-net

and

So does Steven Gerrardhttps://www.skysports.com/football/news/11788/12303425/steven-gerrard-rangers-and-celtic-b-teams-a-big-plus-for-steve-clarkes-scotland-side

They both make good arguments from a position of having a sound knowledge of youth football and experience at elite level.

2 minutes ago, Che Dail said:

John Kennedy makes good points: https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11781/12303668/john-kennedy-celtic-rangers-b-teams-can-stop-players-from-falling-through-the-net

and

So does Steven Gerrardhttps://www.skysports.com/football/news/11788/12303425/steven-gerrard-rangers-and-celtic-b-teams-a-big-plus-for-steve-clarkes-scotland-side

They both make good arguments from a position of having a sound knowledge of youth football and experience at elite level.

Yeah, they are really going to be objective, aren't they? 🙄

16 minutes ago, Che Dail said:

and

Or you could say, only have experience at elite level.

Two players that also broke into the first team as teenagers without 'B' teams. I'm sure they would have been 37% better for the experience though.

Edited by FairWeatherFan

2 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Or you could say, only have experience at elite level.

Two players that also broke into the first team as teenagers without 'B' teams. I'm sure they would have been 37% better for the experience though.

So they're well placed to advise, would you agree?  Look at what the best academies in Europe are doing and follow their example, or at least try new ideas.

Lionel Messi played in a B team and he's a few % better than everyone else.

2 minutes ago, Che Dail said:

So they're well placed to advise, would you agree?  Look at what the best academies in Europe are doing and follow their example, or at least try new ideas.

Lionel Messi played in a B team and he's a few % better than everyone else.

Always a great argument when it gets boiled down to one of the best players in the world. Like talking up Croatia, while ignoring all the countries that qualified for the 2018 World Cup with similar or smaller populations like Iceland, Serbia, Sweden, Denmark and of course all those that didn't qualify just like Scotland.

By the way since the point of 'B' teams from those trying to sell the vision is about a team "growing together". How many recognisable names are there from Messi's last 3 'B' team appearances?

image.png.e179f18067abcb6ee38cc30ed326558c.png

image.png.60f7d23950fe0c39f6291a56ce839b56.png

image.png.6efe3bee74490e5b94fd4a25f98992f1.png

Just now, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

I won't pass comment until I've tried the home baking at Abbey Vale! Peffermill is a high standard to follow.

Peffermill is a nice day out, and very picturesque too.  Also, when they were selected as part of the Groundhopper weekend, Edinburgh Uni went out of their way to make a whole raft of homemade sandwiches which from memory went down an absolute treat with all the day visitors who were delighted at the personal touch they experienced that day.

Kudos all round.

On 11/05/2021 at 16:21, Che Dail said:

Steven Gerrard,

504 appearances for Liverpool, 473 as captain, 114 England caps, and just won the league as Rangers Manager.   Won the Champions League,   2 x FA Cups, 3 x UEFA Cups.  Played in 3 World Cups and 3 x Euros.

How many appearances did he make in a B-team lower down the English pyramid?