Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

As a Bo'ness United fan I support the clubs view that there should be no place in the LL for the Old Firm B sides. However clubs elsewhere in the league have decided to take the silver and barring a huge turnaround it's happening. Feckin BOO !!

I genuinely hope that the LL realises its mistake and takes steps to address this travesty. A starting point would be a decision at the LL AGM that there will be 5 or 6 teams promoted from tier six leagues at the end of next season. I am aware that it potentially would mean a lot of sides dropping out the LL but IMO it's the decent thing to do. The LL has done wrong and needs to make a meaningful sacrifice if it wants forgiveness from the other leagues.

5 hours ago, Kennie said:

The £owland £eague did NOT have space for any teams this season. They have CREATED space for 2 teams outwith the Pyramid.  Va£e of £eithen were spared relegation due to Covid. 

I dont think that's correct, altho happy to be proved wrong... 

The LL was determined by PPG which is why Kelty are in the promotion playoff.

VoL were spared relegation because the EoS was declared null and void with no winner.

1 hour ago, jaggyness said:

If anyone was in any doubt as to who the fans are that think this is a good idea I would direct them to listen to tonight's clyde super scoreboard

I have a broken bottle to jam my foot into before i do that.

2 hours ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

Pleased with the composition of the FTOF Five.

Dalbeattie is one of the only LL grounds* I haven't been to, and will now make a point of visiting to reward their good sense and decency.

(* The other ground I haven't been to is EK, and they'll be seeing none of my money, the callous sharks.)

Dalbeattie is a bit out of the way, but it's a good day out.  Nice wee town and the ground is a bit quirky particularly with it's stand and grass bankings.

You won't be missing much by avoiding K Park.  Basically a spacious "cage" with some seats and standing on one side and behind one goal. 

Edited by Footballfirst

Think I’m most disappointed that the two former SPFL/SFL teams voted for this utter shambles and for £3000! utter diddies of the highest order. I hope Berwick and The Shire spend it wisely and their slide into non league obscurity is permanent. I can understand the clubs who’ve no real fan base taking the cash but established clubs with decades of SFL history selling your soul to the Old Firm for a sum of money your fans could easily raise [emoji23]

Any chance Alloa could kick BSC out their ground?

The thing is folks, and a lot will know more than me about this.

Because the LL have voted to accept these Colt teams in are they going to accept the invitation?

Or are they still pushing for entry into the 2nd Division?

45 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

“You only have to look at Croatia. It’s a country the same size as Scotland and it’s got B teams in its leagues and Croatia made it to the last Football World Cup final.

This Cass boy is a fucking moron.

See what bugs me as well. Ewan Otoo was on loan to us in League 1 from Celtic and was a stand out. So does this mean next season he'll be playing two leagues below what he is capable of or would the better players still be loaned out leaving the dregs in the LL defeating the who purpose of this shitey experiment?

20 minutes ago, RosspCfc said:

See what bugs me as well. Ewan Otoo was on loan to us in League 1 from Celtic and was a stand out. So does this mean next season he'll be playing two leagues below what he is capable of or would the better players still be loaned out leaving the dregs in the LL defeating the who purpose of this shitey experiment?

The youngsters that'll be going to the Lowland League will not be the ones of the quality currently on loan at the Championship and League 1 level.

They will still be sending guys out on loan further up the pyramid.  Neither of the OF Colts believe they have a chance of winning the LL and that is the main reason for that.

4 minutes ago, Bundesliga Boy said:

The youngsters that'll be going to the Lowland League will not be the ones of the quality currently on loan at the Championship and League 1 level.

They will still be sending guys out on loan further up the pyramid.  Neither of the OF Colts believe they have a chance of winning the LL and that is the main reason for that.

So even less point to this experiment than it would appear. Well done 11 arsehole clubs

Obviously the LL clubs who voted for this are snakes of the highest order but the fact it is a one season thing shows they still very much have eyes on the lower reaches of the SPFL so fans from all over need to keep the pressure up on SPFL clubs ahead of the inevitable push next spring.

However, well done to the good guys for voting this down.

One thing I'd like to see is for the SPFL clubs to call the bluff of the OF and propose a proper summit on player development i.e. if the exam question is how do we get more youth players playing first team football earlier, let's have a proper discussion about it rather than having two clubs compromising the lower leagues for their own gain. As long as they are driving the conversation they will always push it in their own direction.