Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

3 minutes ago, Che Dail said:

A 1 year pilot project to give full-time professional footballers a season in a competitive league structure. 

The clubs are not entering the pyramid / pathway, as such.  Promotion / Relegation will not be affected, therefore it will have no impact on the leagues above or below. 

Is that more or less correct?

Two weeks ago George Fraser was one a podcast talking about needing more ventilation and with 100+ clubs below the LL should think about leading by example to get the SPFL to change.

A week later he's off inviting the OF Colts into the pyramid and talking about LL2. Burnie's also just mentioned the possibility that the LL & SPFL Development sides might end up in a Conference of their own.

So instead of going into this LL AGM with clubs pushing for more promotion and relegation opportunities. It will now be all about the Colts issue. I would say there's an impact already.

53 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Cool. I'll stick some posts up on the various boards and try to drum up a bit of support for this. Ideally it'd be games early in the season where the good guys are playing at home to one of he wanks.

I'd hope a lot of fans would be happy to do this and show solidarity with these clubs. It'd be a good way to publicly and vocally show opposition to the colt sides across Scottish football and show the clubs who're willing to stand up to them that they're supported.

Careful now, down with this sort of thing?

maxresdefault.jpg

I know this was linked earlier but I had to laugh at this quote from Gerrard:

Speaking on Tuesday, Rangers manager Steven Gerrard said the plan would be "fantastic for everyone if people decide not just to think about themselves".

Gerrard added: "If I try to take myself out of the Rangers environment and think about the Scottish game, I think this is a big plus for Steve Clarke and any future national manager.

"A lot more Scottish kids will be getting challenged earlier playing men's football, playing for points, playing in front of crowds. That brings your development on a lot quicker."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57059711

4 minutes ago, TheJTS98 said:

I have no idea how to organise something like this. But you've had the idea, and if you have any kind of contacts or means of doing this, I'd suggest you do something to set it in motion.

It could be a very powerful statement.

To be honest, I'm not totally sure how to go about best organising anything like this. Was thinking of making a post with the basic idea and maybe a link to a petition page just so we can get some indicative numbers of how many people would be up for supporting something like this and then see where we go from there.

It would give a starting mailing list at least. And when the fixtures are announced, just identify all the GG vs GG fixtures and just make everyone aware of which games are picked. If crowds are allowed in, we'll aim to get the maximum allowed in and for anyone who wants to support the clubs but can't make it to games, provide links to the donate a ticket link for that game.

If anyone has any ideas or wants to help out, send me a DM.

Edited by Gordon EF

Guest TheJTS98
4 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

To be honest, I'm not totally sure how to go about best organising anything like this. Was thinking of making a post with the basic idea and maybe a link to a petition page just so we can get some indicative numbers of how many people would be up for supporting something like this and then see where we go from there.

It would give a starting mailing list at least. And when the fixtures are announced, just identify all the GG vs GG fixtures and just make everyone aware of which games are picked. If crowds are allowed in, we'll aim to get the maximum allowed in and for anyone who wants to support the clubs but can't make it to games, provide links to the donate a ticket link for that game.

If anyone has any ideas or wants to help out, send me a DM.

I'm equally clueless. (*ETA - You actually don't sound clueless. That's a good suggestion. I'm clueless) I'd suggest maybe targeting an international break so that supporters of lots of other clubs have a free weekend too.

Edited by TheJTS98

2 minutes ago, TheJTS98 said:

I'm equally clueless. I'd suggest maybe targeting an international break so that supporters of lots of other clubs have a free weekend too.

On the September international week, the EoS normally try to schedule derby games across all divisions.  Not sure if this happens elsewhere.

1 minute ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Two weeks ago George Fraser was one a podcast talking about needing more ventilation and with 100+ clubs below the LL should think about leading by example to get the SPFL to change.

A week later he's off inviting the OF Colts into the pyramid and talking about LL2. Burnie's also just mentioned the possibility that the LL & SPFL Development sides might end up in a Conference of their own.

So instead of going into this LL AGM with clubs pushing for more promotion and relegation opportunities. It will now be all about the Colts issue. I would say there's an impact already.

Completely agree there should be more relegation / promotion between LL and EoS / WoS - Energy could be focused on lobbying / negotiating for it. 

I don't think the LL have  said at any point said they'd oppose this, nor is there a firm proposal for LL2 being tabled to the clubs - possibly hearsay / hyperbole(?)

The Colts proposal is a separate issue and not connected to the pyramid.

4 minutes ago, Che Dail said:

Completely agree there should be more relegation / promotion between LL and EoS / WoS - Energy could be focused on lobbying / negotiating for it. 

I don't think the LL have  said at any point said they'd oppose this, nor is there a firm proposal for LL2 being tabled to the clubs - possibly hearsay / hyperbole(?)

Hearsay created by George Fraser when asked about greater promotion/relegation between the LL and Tier 6.

Colt proposal as has been said is a "pilot". Whenever there's a successful pilot it then leads to the attempt to roll it out permanently. The Scottish Football Innovation paper comes from the same working group that has developed this relationship between the OF and George Fraser. The plan is for more 'B' teams not less and they aren't going to be starting in the WoS 4th Division or EoS Third Division once 2022-23 comes around.

If the LL has space for 2 more clubs then it should have been from the licensed teams in tier 6 instead of letting the Old Firm Colts jump the queue for £25k each.

The results against the Old Firm Colts will also have a direct bearing on league positions which will have an impact on the pyramid.

16 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

If the LL has space for 2 more clubs then it should have been from the licensed teams in tier 6 instead of letting the Old Firm Colts jump the queue for £25k each.

The results against the Old Firm Colts will also have a direct bearing on league positions which will have an impact on the pyramid.

The LL had space for 1 club this season and did not thwart promotion.  The B teams ballot came after the season was settled - it certainly had no effect on promotion last season, and would have no bearing on an increase to 2 clubs up & down next season, if the clubs agree to it.

The OF Colts will play every team in the league, home and away.  

7 minutes ago, true fan said:

Lowland league banging on about playoffs and maintaining integrity of pyramid system for past 2 years then they let old firm colts waltz into their league

The sickening stench of hypocrisy 

Exactly what effect does the introduction of B teams have on the integrity of the pyramid system?

22 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

Correct.   The LL are right to point out that the WoS, SoS and EoS were null and voided last season so no Champion club to promote.   However, if they had space for the addition of one or two more clubs for next season, why not invite applications from tier 6.  

Taking in for example, Clydebank and Tranent by application would have given the LL a lot more qudos than what they have done, and also maintained the integrity they so desire and provide venitilation that also concerns Mr.Fraser.  For season 2022/23 they could relegate accordingly to reduce back to 16.

However, it was never about integrity or ventilation.

Just now, cmontheloknow said:

They should start at bottom, not halfway up.

But they're not starting anything - they're not in the pyramid and won't be promoted or relegated. 

LL clubs were asked to vote on the basis of it being a 1 year pilot project.  There would have been little value attached to the project by pitching a squad of elite full-time professionals against amateur players (at the bottom).

Just now, Che Dail said:

But they're not starting anything - they're not in the pyramid and won't be promoted or relegated. 

LL clubs were asked to vote on the basis of it being a 1 year pilot project.  There would have been little value attached to the project by pitching a squad of elite full-time professionals against amateur players (at the bottom).

And do you honestly think that after that one year "pilot" they would say: "aye, we want to continue, but to preserve integrity of the pyramid we'll now move to WoSFL Division Three"?

This isn't just going to stay with one year, they want to shoehorn themselves above all existing West/East/South clubs in the pyramid.

And where do you suppose Edinburgh/Stirling University players are coming from? How many of them do you suppose are anything other than amateur?