Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Why abstain then? Shitebags looking to save face. 

_55926176_1471975.jpg

1 hour ago, magoo said:

Idiotic post..not one person would be against colt or b team's done in the correct manner or the correct position within the pyramid..thier was virtually no resistance to hibs joining the eos league a few seasons back...

I'm another who doesn't want them in any circumstances. Them or any other club.

53 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

It's interesting to see that Gretna 2008 have likely voted in solidarity with Rangers 2012. Good to see Scottish football's new boys stick together.

How many times will a Gretna team ruin every division they're in?

If BSC, Idosport, Cumbernauld Soccer Club and Civil Service Strollers or whatever want to have rangers and celtic youngsters in the lowland league then why not offer their clubs up to accept loads of them on loan, i mean for sporting integrity and the future of the national team? 

Edited by Inanimate Carbon Rod

This will include Shire supporters from now on.
Berwick fans have disappeared since their club went down the shitter and the rest of the LL wanks XI either have no fans or the ones they do have are probably all OF/"Scotland" fans already.

I dont really care for any other club outwith my own tbh.

I'm disappointed but not surprised it's been voted in. The £3500 quoted will be a big help to some clubs after covid where surviving is the number 1 priority. The LL didnt get the same grants as the SPFL did.

I'm sure there will still be more to come on this from our club. It's too silent at the moment.

Guest TheJTS98
2 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

If BSC, Idosport, Cumbernauld Soccer Club and Civil Service Select or whatever want to have rangers and celtic youngsters in the lowland league then why not offer their clubs up to accept loads of them on loan, i mean for sporting integrity and the future of the national team? 

Come, on! That would deny towns and villages all over Scotland their day in the sun where the place closes down for the day and the whole population cram into their ramshackle ground and climb up trees or any available ladder to sneak a peak at Rangers u21s in action!

John Collins told me.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

It's the same as folk who say they vote Lib Dem as they're too ashamed to admit to anyone they vote Tory.

I vote Lib Dem

Civil Service Strollers President resigning, perhaps they didn't vote against this afterall?
Sounds like he's resigning as although they did vote against it, he doesn't want to associate with the other clubs who voted for?

3 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Civil Service Strollers President resigning, perhaps they didn't vote against this afterall?

There's a follow up tweet from their account in response to that question. They say there will be another statement forthcoming. So it is possible that while the President was against, the club committee voted in favour.

8 minutes ago, TheJTS98 said:

Come, on! That would deny towns and villages all over Scotland their day in the sun where the place closes down for the day and the whole population cram into their ramshackle ground and climb up trees or any available ladder to sneak a peak at Rangers u21s in action!

John Collins told me.

Be some laugh if the average attendances are lower as a result of this. Going to make it a priority to get to a couple games featuring some of the ‘good guys’. 

1 hour ago, andrew21 said:

So someone on twitter heard from some one that heard that Edinburgh Uni voted no, is that enough to put them on the good guys list? 😀

As an alumni of this fine institution I never had any doubts.

11 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Could be that he doesn't agree with the other clubs and doesn't want to be associated with this league decision.

Kelty now released a statement

https://keltyhearts.co.uk/lowland-league-b-team-proposal/

In line with our fellow SLFL clubs, Kelty Hearts FC were e-mailed a briefing document on the evening of Wednesday 5th May with the proposal of the addition of Rangers & Celtic ‘B’ teams on a one season basis for 2021/22. The club were given three working days to give an indicative vote on the proposal ahead of last night’s SLFL general Meeting.

The timing of receipt of this proposal came as club officials were fully committed in the planning and preparing facilities, Covid testing and safe bubble arrangements for training on Thursday and the game on the Saturday for the return leg of the Play-Off semi-final. We felt we had insufficient time to fully consult our clubs’ season ticket holders, supporters, committee and sponsors .
On this basis, and with the club still participating in the Play-Off competition, the board felt it best that the club abstain from the “indicative” vote. We are cognisant that there will be a further vote at the SLFL AGM on 27th May and, as we did prior to the decision to join the senior ranks we shall use the time between now and the AGM to engage with our stakeholders and canvass their opinions that will allow the club to place a vote at the AGM.

We would like to place on record our eternal thanks to the East of Scotland FA and their member clubs for welcoming and accepting us into the EOS association and league in 2017. As the first club to leave the SJFA to join the pyramid we know it is a move that wouldn’t have been possible without the assistance, welcoming and professionalism of the EOSFA board and their clubs. We fully appreciate the EOSFL, the WOSFL and SOSFL association and their clubs more than have “skin in the game”.

21 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

As an alumni of this fine institution I never had any doubts.

Could be that he doesn't agree with the other clubs and doesn't want to be associated with this league decision.

Alumnus 😉

Not surprised an ex student of Edinburgh Uni got that one wrong tbh...