Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

28 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

If the WoSFL and EoSFL put that forward, I'd be strongly encouraging my club to support it. Get the pyramid to mirror the old junior structure. North, West and East sections, whose champions play a play-off against club 42. 

Move the EoSFL and WoSFL up to tier 5. Remove the LL. Club 42 down automatically. EoSFL champions, WoSFL champions, HL champions and club 41 play a round robin tournament with the top 2 getting a place in the SPFL.

That would be excellent. Decent level and decent clubs at tier 5. Better teams able to progress easily. And a league that SPFL clubs aren't sickened at having to drop into.

8 minutes ago, andrew21 said:

So someone on twitter heard from some one that heard that Edinburgh Uni voted no, is that enough to put them on the good guys list? 😀

If confirmed, then I can confirm they will be confirmed GG.

4 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Move the EoSFL and WoSFL up to tier 5. Remove the LL. Club 42 down automatically. EoSFL champions, WoSFL champions, HL champions and club 41 play a round robin tournament with the top 2 getting a place in the SPFL.

That would be excellent. Decent level and decent clubs at tier 5. Better teams able to progress easily. And a league that SPFL clubs aren't sickened at having to drop into.

That's what I find pish about this, the Lowland League are saying it's only for one season so it doesn't affect any SPFL clubs dropping in, but we all know that is absolute horseshit. When the time comes that they want to extend this arrangement, will it need voted through by all SPFL clubs seen as we have the potential to drop into this shambles of a division?

On the Kelty side of things (and as a fan of the club) I wish they had voted against it rather than abstain albeit the vote pretty much counts as a no vote anyway. They have said they are coming out with an explanation today on why they voted they way they did. I am sort of hoping they say that due to the playoff and not knowing what league they will be in decided to abstain on the indicative vote this time but by the time the AGM comes round and they are still in the league they will vote against it.

Edited by Fifes Elite Force

2 minutes ago, andrew21 said:

SFA and SPFL don't want 3 leagues at tier 5 and there is no way SPFL2 clubs will go from 1 playoff for the bottom team to one automatic relegation plus another play off for another team to be relegated.

Aye. I know they don't want it. It would almost certainly have much greater support from fans than the current set up though. Fans should actually stand up and tell clubs and bodies what they want rather than just sitting passively and waiting to be shat on by the idiots in charge.

24 minutes ago, superbigal said:

I 100% bet if Celtic and Rangers finish in the bottom 2 spots that will mean no relegation to the EOS or SOS or WOS

Thats not exactly a surprising idea given they must be absolutely terrified of being replaced with Darvel, Clydebank, Buffs, Talbot, Cumnock etc in the next ten years. When these teams get a wee run in the cup and start generating similar level of income via prize money/licensing cash etc many of the LL clubs simply wont compete. 

15 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Sounds good but wont happen. 

So the focus of attention from the teams, George Fraser and supporters pushing the Colt idea is now the need to stop online abuse. I am totally for that and called out over the top daft posts and trolls on here and Twitter but majority of people having put their passionate views against the Colts across well and constructively.

Feels very much like oh look a squirrel...20288576-0-image-a-72_1572281721948.jpg.c6c9f82d7e0230dc0a72ecb4971240c2.jpg

6 minutes ago, Shannon said:

So the focus of attention from the teams, George Fraser and supporters pushing the Colt idea is now the need to stop online abuse. I am totally for that and called & reported over the top daft posts and trolls on here and Twitter but majority of people having put their passionate views against the Colts across well and constructively.

Feels very much like oh look a squirrel...20288576-0-image-a-72_1572281721948.jpg

Guys a self serving snake sod him.

14 minutes ago, Shannon said:

So the focus of attention from the teams, George Fraser and supporters pushing the Colt idea is now the need to stop online abuse. I am totally for that and called out over the top daft posts and trolls on here and Twitter but majority of people having put their passionate views against the Colts across well and constructively.

Feels very much like oh look a squirrel...20288576-0-image-a-72_1572281721948.jpg.c6c9f82d7e0230dc0a72ecb4971240c2.jpg

Threatening people is absolutely bang out of order. Telling someone they are a disgrace when they are being a disgrace is just telling the truth. 
remember a few days ago on here some fan put up a sneering post about how wosl dont have proper facilities and cried abuse when his post was systematically demolished. It seems the way of things these days that if youre loosing an argument you just scream ‘abuse’ even if its nothing of the sort. 

21 minutes ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

So apart from Bo’ness and Bonnyrigg who are the other good guys? ...

Good to see Bo'ness United were in the No camp:

Think we can be confident that Kelty abstained given their playoff participation so the recent ex-SJFA trio appear to have had a different outlook from the LL clubs that have little or no long term committed fanbase. Any expansion to 18 for next season by application should have been to open the door to the WoS and EoS clubs that missed out on progression through no fault of their own due to null and void.

3 minutes ago, andrew21 said:

You took that too far.

Cumnock are a great outfit, not my favourite place to visit along with Talbot but can’t be anything other than impressed with the facilities, improvement of the ground and the fan base etc, even if their sister is their mother theyve all done a great job of improving and have been leapfrogged by the arsecheeks. 

its obviously not good news the way this has panned out.  I know teams try and play in the highest league they possibly can but take Vale of Leithen for example. They have finished down the bottom end of the  LL for a couple of years now, Wouldnt it be better for them to be competitive in the EOS league  and maybe attract better players playing in a lot more local matches where they would get better crowds than getting battered every week against a majority of teams who dont bring any crowds.

They would still have SFA Membership and licence benefits, i just dont see why playing games v Edinburgh Uni etc would be appealing for them or players they are trying to sign,

If they think they can attract better players playing Rangers and Celtic youth teams  they are deluded.

Everyone was hopeful the LL would evolve quite quickly and stronger teams from the feeder leagues would  get in quite quickly over a 4/5 year period and you would have a very strong tier 5 where SPFL league clubs could fall into and it would still be a competitive product, This isnt going to happen in the next 10 years with clubs in self preserve mode

Clubs are better staying at Tier 6 with there SFA membership and licence  benefits and staying well clear of the Lowland League.

4 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Threatening people is absolutely bang out of order. Telling someone they are a disgrace when they are being a disgrace is just telling the truth. 
remember a few days ago on here some fan put up a sneering post about how wosl dont have proper facilities and cried abuse when his post was systematically demolished. It seems the way of things these days that if youre loosing an argument you just scream ‘abuse’ even if its nothing of the sort. 

Indeed, I saw one of the LL Catchup team having a go at the EoSFL Twitter account as someone threatened violence on the back of an EoSFL tweet. The threat of violence is deplorable obviously, but only that person is responsible for it, not the EoSFL. Their criticism was strong, but not unreasonable.

Edited by Marten

Let’s be clear. This is the simply the thin edge of the wedge. They have been pushing their Colts agenda for long enough around the SPFL and credit to them that they have stood firm. They then turn to the Lowland League, the paragons of virtue, the saviours of sporting integrity. And what, they’ve proved themselves to be nothing other than a plaything for the Old Firm. Are they so bloody stupid that they think this is one season only? What happens next now that they have a foot in the door? This is for nobody’s benefit other than Rangers and Celtic.

If Rangers are so keen to blood young Scottish talent then they had the perfect opportunity as they came back up the leagues. But no, even then they persisted in playing non-entities from the English leagues, and even worse, spending god knows how much, on the likes of Steve Simonsen and Jak Alnwick to sit on their bench as back up keepers. They wouldn’t even trust any of their “highly regarded” goalkeepers anywhere near their first team squad.

Absolutely fizzing about this. The pyramid can do one as far as I am concerned and hopefully the SPFL will be of the same opinion.

2 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Cowards, maybe. But it is a No to all intents and purposes, so I put them there. Deal with it.

It’s anything but a no, or they would have said no.

It’s a ‘ we reckon we won’t be in this league next season so don’t say anything to attract negative publicity’ move.

If Kelty were anywhere but in the play off, it doesn’t take a genius to work out what their vote would have been. 

Guest TheJTS98

Enjoyed the Sportsound discussion of this the other night.

After a discussion about fans at the cup final dominated by the usual mewling pish about fans being the main thing, the game needs fans, we must do what we can for the fans, fans, fans, fans etc, they move on to the Colts discussion and just skip over the mention of a poll saying 95% of fan respondents are against the idea.

Aye, but they're all about fans, fans, fans.

1 minute ago, big al said:

It’s anything but a no, or they would have said no.

It’s a ‘ we reckon we won’t be in this league next season so don’t say anything to attract negative publicity’ move.

If Kelty were anywhere but in the play off, it doesn’t take a genius to work out what their vote would have been. 

Doing a lot of supposition there, ma freen.

They didn't vote for this so don't count as full WANKs.