Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

An abstention has exactly the same effect as a no vote.

I wouldn't say exactly, as far as I'm aware, a simple majority was required. So if 2 clubs would have abstained, only 8 needed to vote in favour instead of 9. Unless it's over 50% of members having to vote in favour, correct me if that was the case, but I don't think so?

Obviously in the end they were the only abstainers so their vote had a similar effect to a no-vote, but they didn't know that in advance.

55 minutes ago, woof! said:

It’s a peculiarity of this mentally  diseased country that this is shot down because of bitter hatred, despite the fact that all evidence points to improved player development.

Apparently it can be done in huge countries like Spain and Germany, but not here. Croatia was cited as an example of how it could benefit countries similar to Scotland with around 70% of their World Cup finalists coming through the B team system. An SPFL director rebutted the suggestion saying “Yes, but they’re a successful country”.  

Idiotic post..not one person would be against colt or b team's done in the correct manner or the correct position within the pyramid..thier was virtually no resistance to hibs joining the eos league a few seasons back...

55 minutes ago, woof! said:

It’s a peculiarity of this mentally  diseased country that this is shot down because of bitter hatred, despite the fact that all evidence points to improved player development.

Apparently it can be done in huge countries like Spain and Germany, but not here. Croatia was cited as an example of how it could benefit countries similar to Scotland with around 70% of their World Cup finalists coming through the B team system. An SPFL director rebutted the suggestion saying “Yes, but they’re a successful country”.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_FIFA_World_Cup_Final

According to wiki (could be wrong), the world cup final starting 11 played precisely zero games for Croatian B teams (Strinic played 11 games for Le Mans B - who might be a French B team?). Most of them did have at least one loan spell though.

8 hours ago, Shannon said:

Lowland League to be stripped of tier 5 status. I wish!

I was very pro pyramid but we had a far better league structure, an actual Scottish Junior Cup and great rivalries in the old Juniors. For all its failures we had a product that the SPFL and their fans respected and should have pushed for tier 5 status 8-10 years ago. Most of the teams in Lowland League would be tier 7 & 8 apart from old Junior teams like Kelty, Bonnyrigg Rose and Bo'ness.

I am bitterly disappointed and feel a lot of clubs in the West and East of Scotland in particular have been misled and lied to by the people in charge at Lowland League.

West of Scotland should go say that they want to stay at 20 or 18 Premier teams for 2022-23 and beyond and only 3 or 5 go down. Why should we go to 16 teams and have 7 relegated while Lowland League expands to 18 and has 1 maybe relegated...by the way when is the vote on the extra relegation places taking place? I hope all clubs support that as much as they did the Colts.
Will George and the Lowland League be pushing for 3 relegation spots or maybe 7 relegation spots like the West as it's only fair? emoji849.png

If the WoSFL and EoSFL put that forward, I'd be strongly encouraging my club to support it. Get the pyramid to mirror the old junior structure. North, West and East sections, whose champions play a play-off against club 42. 

Just now, craigkillie said:

They might not be involved in the league next season, I'd expect a club in their position to abstain from everything.

I wouldn't. You either support colts in the league system or you don't. Whether your team actually ends up playing them or not is beside the point. They had a vote and decided not to use it. They are therefore shitehawks and deserving of some stick. 

6 minutes ago, magoo said:

Idiotic post..not one person would be against colt or b team's done in the correct manner or the correct position within the pyramid..thier was virtually no resistance to hibs joining the eos league a few seasons back...

The pyramid didn't start until 2014-15. Both Hibs and Berwick Rangers withdrew from the EoSFL summer 2014.

23 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

They don't fall into the w**k category (Wategory?) so I put them in there. I'll separate them if that makes their goodguyness less virtuous.

Wankegory, Shirley?

23 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

An abstention has exactly the same effect as a no vote.

I tried to explain this to someone who wasn't voting in the 2014 Indyref.  Not voting was a no vote.

3 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

You just made that up though.

Two of their 23 man squad played for B Teams that had been entered into competitive first team leagues. One of them was the third choice goalkeeper who played one game for Dinamo Zagreb's B Team, having already played over 100 first team games before signing for them. The other played for Le Mans B in France.

Literally none of them were products of the Croatian B team system.

It's utterly incredible how gullible these people are. I wouldn't credit most of them with the wit to lie about it. They're just repeating shite they've seen tweeted by Boyne_1690_No_Surrender on twitter.

It takes 2 minutes to check by Googling. 

5 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

You just made that up though.

Two of their 23 man squad played for B Teams that had been entered into competitive first team leagues. One of them was the third choice goalkeeper who played one game for Dinamo Zagreb's B Team, having already played over 100 first team games before signing for them. The other played for Le Mans B in France.

Literally none of them were products of the Croatian B team system.

You really do have to wonder where people pull completely made up nonsense from. 

1 minute ago, accies1874 said:

You really do have to wonder where people pull completely made up nonsense from. 

Always seems to be folk who have their team as "Scotland" who come in here to offer support of this Old Firm proposal. Imagine you were so ashamed of who you supported that you couldn't even bring yourself to list it under an alias name on a football forum. 

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

Always seems to be folk who have their team as "Scotland" who come in here to offer support of this Old Firm proposal. Imagine you were so ashamed of who you supported that you couldn't even bring yourself to list it under an alias name on a football forum. 

It's the same as folk who say they vote Lib Dem as they're too ashamed to admit to anyone they vote Tory.

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

This will include Shire supporters from now on.

Berwick fans have disappeared since their club went down the shitter and the rest of the LL wanks XI either have no fans or the ones they do have are probably all OF/"Scotland" fans already.

Just now, andrew21 said:

So someone on twitter heard from some one that heard that Edinburgh Uni voted no, is that enough to put them on the good guys list? 😀

Not yet. Why the hell aren't the other No clubs coming out and saying who they are? They're the only ones who'll come out of this with any credit.