Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

46 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

No it's a great wee league (with a couple of tinpot clubs, granted), and they've just shat in their own bed before lying down to sleep tonight.

I literally cannot believe the short-sightedness and stupidity of this decision. It's mind boggling.

Not one of the eleven who voted for this can claim to be anything other than complete and utter tinpot diddies.

I for one am shocked that Barry Ferguson FC would abstain and use weak "we wont be here next year" justifications for not opposing this shameless example of personal profit over the game and fans

Abstaining is the right thing to do in their position. It basically counts as a vote against anyway.

Just now, craigkillie said:

Abstaining is the right thing to do in their position. It basically counts as a vote against anyway.

Bollocks. If against it vote against. Don’t sit on the fence.

Bollocks. If against it vote against. Don’t sit on the fence.

But they are quite justified in saying that they don't think it will affect them and therefore want to leave it up to the rest. Just like Scottish MPs traditionally abstain on devolved matters.

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

But they are quite justified in saying that they don't think it will affect them and therefore want to leave it up to the rest. Just like Scottish MPs traditionally abstain on devolved matters.

Of course it effects them, they are a LL team. A bit early to suggest they are are league two team yet.

Just now, andrew21 said:

Well if they are still a LL club at the time of the AGM in a few weeks then they can vote either for or against the proposal when a final decision is made.

Not that it will make a difference in the grand scheme

One of Gretna 2008's media folk trying to give a wee bit out on Twitter, so very much of the assumption that they too are complete wankstains. They were destined to get relegated soon anyway, so definitely won't be a miss in a year or two.

8 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Not one of the eleven who voted for this can claim to be anything other than complete and utter tinpot diddies.

BSC Glasgow
East Kilbride
East Stirlingshire
University of Stirling
Gala Fairydean Rovers
The Spartans
Berwick Rangers
Caledonian Braves
Cumbernauld Colts
Gretna 2008
Dalbeattie Star
Edinburgh University
Vale of Leithen

All but two of those clubs voted it in it seems. Its a whos who of pub teams who add nothing. Get this shitehawk of a league in the pyramid bin and let them have their pishy wee league alone with the Colts if that's what they want. 

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Alloa decide that on the back of this BSC are no longer welcome at the Indodrill. 

Still, they (BSC) have been "working towards the goal of having our own stadium" for 5 years now so it should be pretty much ready for them to move into should that happen.

Does this mean that, if Sons get relegated tomorrow night, our new Norwegian owners can just offer some cash to retain our place in League One for next season, or go one better and buy a place in the Championship? Or is the right to buy your way into a position in the pyramid reserved for certain clubs?

We tried that back in 1970

1 hour ago, Cyclizine said:

It's this sentence in the statement that gets me. Absolutely no insight whatsoever. What integrity?

As much as I am, and have been, a zealot for a progressive pyramid, I'd fully support sanctions against the league, including suspension of the playoff place, until this travesty is resolved.

Exactly what you just said!

Would have said it before now but hey, think there's a time delay over here in Kirkintilloch.

I've said just about all I can muster on this topic in two previous lengthy posts a couple of days back.

I'm just glad I'm not alone in this.  GF should honestly hang his head in shame on this.

And to voice all his thoughts (which he should be neutral on) prior to the vote.....on a Podcast no less, without even consulting any clubs below out of courtesy.......well......actually no..........just rise above it my son!

Kudos to those who genuinely understand and respect the actual definition of sporting integrity.  Once again, the fact that they can't be promoted or relegated is completely irrelevant.  If it's just about playing games for a year, play in a WOS conference at the bottom tier for a year.

Finally, if there is nothing untoward in any of this........why on earth would you feel compelled to pay a combined £50k entrance fee???  If this was all legitimate, surely there would be no need to offer such a bung to sweeten the deal?

George Fraser has a LOT of questions to answer.  Maybe his mates in the Podcast world will offer him a platform to perhaps explain some of the whataboutery that's taken place this past 72 hours or so. 

30 minutes ago, andrew21 said:

Well if they are still a LL club at the time of the AGM in a few weeks then they can vote either for or against the proposal when a final decision is made.

But a single vote won't make any difference unless some clubs reverse their vote to OK the OF B teams.

8 minutes ago, andrew21 said:

That'll be Mike Mulraney's (supporter of Colts teams in SPFL) Alloa?

I'm kind of hoping that Mulraney would be remembering what he said when The Rangers tried to barge into the championship in 2013:

Charles Greens plan for Sevco to short cut their way to the top have been kicked into touch by Alloa chairman Mike Mulraney.

A cheeky bid by the £1m/month loss making newcomers was launched on Monday as football chiefs prepare to vote on reconstruction plans.

Green wants Sevco to leapfrog past all 10 clubs in Division Two of the SFL missing out on the opportunity to make new friends at clubs they have never played before.

Alloa were Third Division champions last season with Mulraney amused at Green’s bid to get fast tracked into the second top division.

“My reaction is one of mild amusement,” the Alloa chief admitted. “Wouldn’t it be lovely if we all got to dictate which league we play in next season?

“Rangers are trying to bat for what is in their interests. They are entitled to put forward their case, I am entitled to ignore it.

“Alloa won the Third Division last season. Does that mean we deserve to go up two leagues? If we win promotion we’d go up on merit. That would be fair.”

6 hours ago, BS7 said:

If there was 50k forthcoming from each of Rangers and Celtic 100k/16 = 6.25K

Tickets as well, 200 at £8, £3200

£10K

Worth less than a game in the Scottish. Whereas, Rangers and Celtic could probably swallow the cost into some TV offering.

I did my own guess and I thought, 5 clubs might vote against, with 12 for the proposal. I suspect it will be approved tonight - I hope I am wrong.

You're absolutely right and sadly I am too. Shire voted for it too. Absolute joke of a club.

I've always had a laugh with the Bonnyrigg fans, bravehearts dad etc but fair play to yous. Yous stood by your principles. Proper clubs stand by their fans, we heard absolutely nothing from the club. £3500 a club for this shite. f**k every team that voted for this, f**k every one of them.