Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

The biggest challenge the three feeder leagues now face is the possibility of LL2, which was mentioned briefly in the Official Catch-up Podcast. Whilst I can see some sense in it, the cynic in me suggests it's a way of delaying the inevitable decline in the fortunes of some clubs as the bigger ex-juniors start to progress.  

1 minute ago, jaggyness said:

Is there anything to stop the spfl now saying they are withdrawing from the pyramid on the back of this? Returning to a closed shop with no possible relegation from league 2?

If they can get the SFA to agree I guess not.

Hope they don't though. Maybe it will only be for one year and they finish 11th and 12th, above shitehawks like Berwick and a few other supporters of the plan.

3 minutes ago, jaggyness said:

Is there anything to stop the spfl now saying they are withdrawing from the pyramid on the back of this? Returning to a closed shop with no possible relegation from league 2?

Bit harsh on the Highland League.

3 minutes ago, RedEd said:

The biggest challenge the three feeder leagues now face is the possibility of LL2, which was mentioned briefly in the Official Catch-up Podcast. Whilst I can see some sense in it, the cynic in me suggests it's a way of delaying the inevitable decline in the fortunes of some clubs as the bigger ex-juniors start to progress.  

It's about that and exerting control over non-league football rather than working with the tier 6 leagues.

I would like to see Bonnyrigg, CSS, and the other three clubs who voted against the proposal resign from the LL in protest and seek admission to the EOS/WOS/SOS for next season.
A vote of no confidence in George Fraser should be a given at the AGM.
Jesus [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I would like to see Bonnyrigg, CSS, and the other three clubs who voted against the proposal resign from the LL in protest and seek admission to the EOS/WOS/SOS for next season.
George Fraser has been nothing but outsranding for the LL

34 minutes ago, FREDDYFRY said:

In what way?

don’t know who you support so not sure if you have experienced this, but I know the majority of L1 L2 fans now do not attend Challenge cup games since Colts  were allowed to compete.
Sending a message

still you are entitled to disagree, this is what these forums are for. 

The majority?  You mean some - attendances at Challenge Cup games were already lower than those for league games - no evidence that a majority of those who would have attended don’t purely because of Colts 

A Lowland League 2 is fine as long as it is qualified for on merit, doesn't have onerous licensing requirements and has buy-in/involvement from the three leagues below.

If it has an East/West split it's also the quickest way of solving the issue of the SoS being at least one, possibly two tiers too high.

Just now, selfassemblyshire said:
5 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

He's just caused a massive amount of negative attention for the LL now. The league looks like a bit of a joke when it's willing to let the Old Firm colts buy a place in the league when there's only promotion spot on offer to tier 6.

I genuinely don’t know how to express my anger at the LL. Utterly despicable c***s.   How the f**k do you support this? You deserve no place in tier 5, no place in the pyramid and frankly no place to exist as a football club.    Are seriously selling yourself to players and supporters that playing a bunch of kids is a good way to spend their Saturday?   Funk off you rat c***s, if that’s the existence you want them do it away fro the rest of us.  Play your little kick about outside the pyramid where serious football is happening.

Edited by parsforlife

2 minutes ago, selfassemblyshire said:
7 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Just spat oot ma cornflakes.............

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

A Lowland League 2 is fine as long as it is qualified for on merit, doesn't have onerous licensing requirements and has buy-in

Oh it'll have that by the look of things.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson