Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

5 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Really sad day for Scottish football this. Time to shut down promotion/relegation from the Lowland League.

2nd this.

After years of League clubs battling to stop this charade, up pop the weasels of the lowland league like a bunch of utter gimps. 
Expect them by next season to be paying Celtic and Sevco for the privilege of gracing the same pitch as their fringe players. 

3 minutes ago, RosspCfc said:

Hopefully all the good guys come forward and we can work out the rats

Agreed. I want to know who the good guys are so I can actively avoid ever going to a game again involving a side in favour of this embarrassment again. Integrity sold for £3k a pop. Pathetic.

"League chairman George Fraser said: "Our league is fully committed to the integrity of the pyramid and we have shown this time and time again, so any suggestion we are not is ill-judged and misplaced.""

Laughable comments from George Fraser. He's just undone years of the reputation of the Lowland League gradually getting better. The priority for the league should be opening up relegation at the bottom to bring in some bigger clubs from the EoS/WoS rather than selling out for the Old Firm colts. 

I wonder if any of these clubs realise that they might have to employ licensed stewards, have a police presence in the ground and for those with a bar, it may have to be closed. They might not make the money they think from these fixtures.

So not EK then? [emoji102]

Ive no idea how ek have voted mate. If im being honest, with noises coming out of the club over last few weeks, i wouldn’t be suprised if they have voted in favour.
Such a shame it has went this way.
Clubs have been trying so hard to build the image of the league over the last 10 years and have ruined it with this decision imo.
Shocker.

16 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

No way to shift the LL as they have a veto on any change to the Club 42 rule. After the league has had an enema through five to ten year's worth of relegation, things should improve.

Well we had a pyramid structure that was supposed to encourage progression through the leagues and sporting integrity, earn your place in the pyramid. That seemingly is fluid enough to change if you bung the right people a few bob. I wonder what the real cost was. 

11 minutes ago, Benidorm said:

This is one hundred percent the way forward. Let them have their shitey wee league or if doesn't suit them Berwick could always slink off to the gutter of English regional league football and the other assortment of boys clubs, uni teams and scam mobs are free to pitch up somewhere else. There's probably more strength in the dregs of the West Region than there is in the lower half of the LL, so tbh they'd be no loss.

Berwick always have been a shower anyway, I remember their grubby fans waving brown envelopes at Cappielow against Clydebank in our last senior season, most other fans were trying to help us to our goal of buying the club and supporting a fans buy out, yet heres Berwick, actually being bought by brown envelopes. Full circle. 
Aye get it up the lot of them. Boycotting BSC and Berwick then? Send them a message. 

Edited by Inanimate Carbon Rod

Does this mean that, if Sons get relegated tomorrow night, our new Norwegian owners can just offer some cash to retain our place in League One for next season, or go one better and buy a place in the Championship? Or is the right to buy your way into a position in the pyramid reserved for certain clubs?

Tinpot league full of tinpot clubs. Hopefully the colts get flushed out with all the dross sitting in the LL, to be replaced by proper football clubs in the EoSFL and WoSFL.

I'll 100% support the SPFL clubs voting against the LL in any way they can.

Edited by Gordon EF

Just now, beano said:

lot of tin pot club fans very worried about two under 21 teams being added to a non league for 1 season tonight. squeaky bum time for all the old guard ! poor berwick the only club with the bollocks to be open about what they voted for and rightly so reading their statement. 11 clubs voted for this. its a no brainer !

They are absolutely shiting themselves at the far bigger clubs one league below them in the East and West Leagues, clubs with more money, fans and facilities. 

1 minute ago, Gordon EF said:

Tinpot league full of tinpot clubs. Hopefully the colts get flushed out with all the dross sitting in the LL, to be replaced by proper football clubs in the EoSFL and WoSFL.

No it's a great wee league (with a couple of tinpot clubs, granted), and they've just shat in their own bed before lying down to sleep tonight.

I literally cannot believe the short-sightedness and stupidity of this decision. It's mind boggling.