Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

4 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

It's not Celtic. It's the OF.

My point is, I don't think Tierney would have been a better player by playing against Dalbeattie Star when he was 18.

That's the thing when people look at World Cup/Euros squads and go "See, look at all the B teams". The vast majority of these international football players play a single season in their B team then go on loan or into the first team. They are that good.

If these countries abroad had the same culture of reserve team football that exists in UK the same would be true. A year or so in the reserve team before going on loand or into the first team. In the same way the likes of Kieran Tierney exist despite Scotland's antiquated youth development.

On the money front this is what the manager of Cumbernauld Colts had to say:

“The money that these clubs pay to join the league won’t be handed to the clubs,” Orr insisted

“We won’t see that money and what would that total if split between clubs? A couple of grand? That’s not going to make a massive difference to any club.

"A lot of people seem to think that the clubs will see that money but we won’t.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/rangers-celtic-colt-plan-raise-24075980

25 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

It's not Celtic. It's the OF.

My point is, I don't think Tierney would have been a better player by playing against Dalbeattie Star when he was 18.

OF died in 2012 M8, Tierney was in Celtic's team at 18 being sick at the side of the park, the manager at the time Ronny Deila went against the grain to promote youth and develop but our fan base couldn't handle it.

1 minute ago, wastecoatwilly said:

OF died in 2012 M8, Tierney was in Celtic's team at 18 being sick at the side of the park, the manager at the time Ronny Deila went against the grain to promote youth and develop but our fan base couldn't handle it.

Rangers died in 2012. The OF are very much alive and well. In these matters, both clubs act as one. There's no point trying to deny that.

So why on Earth are you using a player who didn't need to play in a colt team to become an international class player to argue that colt teams are needed?

Nothing says transparent and considered decision-making quite like calling a vote just one week after letting the addition of these shan Colt teams get into the public domain. Fraser and his fellow officials are either odious lackeys or/and utter morons.

Will be rooting for any club associated with him to plummet through the leagues. 

13 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I believed they had too, but Celtic have included the new Rangers club in their trademarking of the term 'Old Firm' again only this year, as I'm sure you are aware.

Leaving aside the rights and wrongs (there are no rights) of LL clubs accepting the colts proposal, the arguments offered in favour of it from an OF perspective appear to centre around developing the squad together as a unit: this would benefit only the OF, nobody else.

But that's not the real reason the pair want an extra place within the pyramid anyway, is it?

1 minute ago, Gordon EF said:

Rangers died in 2012. The OF are very much alive and well. In these matters, both clubs act as one. There's no point trying to deny that.

So why on Earth are you using a player who didn't need to play in a colt team to become an international class player to argue that colt teams are needed?

Tierney would be the standard,so hopefully it would produce more than just one like him.

1 hour ago, Spyro said:

Now Lowland League 2 being organised! I can see the “Junior football, what is the future?“ exploding soon 😣

I’m still waiting for my answer to the basic questions regarding the other colt/reserve teams in the pyramid system...

Are they allowed to play at tier 5?

Did they enter (or buy their way into) the system 2-3 tiers higher than the bottom tier?

Either the question is being deliberately dodged by the cheerleaders of this proposal to protect their own agendas, or they haven’t got a clue.

To think I have been a supporter of this podcast since the beginning and never had a bad word to say about them or their club... I’m done now. I’ll not be giving my opinion on the matter again as there’s clearly no point

You know as well as we all do that reserve/B sides cannot play in the Lowland as rules stand. I’m puzzled as to why you are taking aim at our podcast, however - or our clubs for that matter (I’m the only BSC man, Chris works with Spartans & Ben is involved at Kilwinning).

We’re not the ones proposing this. Wouldn’t necessarily call myself a cheerleader for it either, given my immediate reaction was discomfort regarding how this looks to the leagues below.

20 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Tierney would be the standard,so hopefully it would produce more than just one like him.

These youth teams exist to give the Tierneys teammates. If they're 18 and are playing LL, they are highly unlikely to become international left backs. More likely to be at Newlandsfield than the Nou Camp by 25.

Edited by cmontheloknow

37 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Seems to think that these Old Firm teams will be studded with big names and it will be exciting to play them?! 

I think he was more on about the clubs being big names and how that might translate into bigger media attention.

Its a fair point tbf,  Rangers and Celtic  youth teams get huge media attention,  just look how they’re games are covered on tv, the 2 page spreads they get in every newspaper and the highlights shown on bbc,  with huge social media coverage throughout.

Wait,  what do you mean that doesn’t happen.

IMO the greater media coverage argument is the wrong way around.  There’s more to be gained for youth sides getting games against Bonnyrigg etc than the other way around.

3 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

And we're back to the start. The question was, how?

We would only find out if we tried it,we can go around in circles with the positives and negatives all day.
The more 18 to 21 year old players we have in our first teams the better the chance we have for them to be successful in their short careers.

We would only find out if we tried it,we can go around in circles with the positives and negatives all day.
The more 18 to 21 year old players we have in our first teams the better the chance we have for them to be successful in their short careers.

We're not going round in circles with positives and negatives. The negative case is being put out. The positive case is either, it's good for the OF, it gives LL clubs some sweetie money or some meaningless buzzwords.

We are specifically not talking about first teams here.

We would only find out if we tried it,

Celtic should train on the moon ,  play edouard at center back,  Bain upfront and have me as manager,   We should at least try it, for one season only.  Only way to find out.

3 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

We're not going round in circles with positives and negatives. The negative case is being put out. The positive case is either, it's good for the OF, it gives LL clubs some sweetie money or some meaningless buzzwords.

Do you have a goldfish? Practice explaining your point to it and try again with @wastecoatwillyin a week or two.

11 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

It's not about the clubs it's about the players.