Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

I know Scottish football fans are generally outraged about everything and anything but is it really that big a deal? 

Yes, SPFL clubs have had to bat away repeated attempts by the Old Firm to get their Colt sides in at league 2 or higher over the last 5 years. Them getting their foot in the door one tier down has obviously got everyone concerned.

Nobody is buying the one year only proposal. They wouldn't have been trying for last 5 years just to be content with a 1 year trial.

1 hour ago, andrew21 said:

Aye kick the clubs out of the EOS Association, that just leaves them with 34-36 league games, Scottish cup, Lowland league cup and South Challenge cup to play for.

I'm sure that the SFA will look kindly on that, given the fact that they've probably sanctioned the Colts side getting into the Lowland league.

The current SFA President, Rod Petrie has condemned The Old Firm  approach, the strategy, tactics and lies in an official statement released late last week. I'm sure someone can dig it up.

@RampantFM instead of posting a screenshot my comment on Twitter as if I’m some sort of troll. Maybe try and see the actual point we are ALL trying to make regarding the other reserve teams in the system and why certain clubs in the LL are quite rightly getting a lot of criticism... from people from all areas of football at this level.

I’ve never hidden behind my alias, I’m not a troll and I am always available for a private, civilised chat... as many on here have already and will testify.

Ok, I could’ve worded my post a little different but your FACTS regarding a basic issue were so out of touch, I felt it was an insult to everyone considering your apparent expertise on the game at this level.

I don’t have a personal Twitter account or I would’ve defended myself there. Don’t lose sleep over me honey x

I don't know anything about either of them personally. But Wilson has a good story and his career began in the Scottish lower leagues. He's a pretty impressive guy to listen to and his track record speaks for itself. In terms of Mulholland, he's completely transformed the Rangers academy from where it was under Jimmy Sinclair.
I don't know why they want the SFA to look at and pass the proposal, because I've no idea what is in it. None of us do, until it inevitably leaks. How can anyone say that the existing rules can accommodate this proposal when we don't know what the proposal is?
The more obvious question, to me at least, is why are the SFA frustrating the process? Is it simply incompetence as usual, or is there something in it that they don't like? If they don't feel they need to do anything about it, surely they would have told Rangers that?
There's going to be a lot of spin, from both sides, over this. Scottish football excels in bullshitting at the top level. Rangers, Celtic, the SPFL, the SFA - they're all the same.  But for now at least, it's the SFA that have the questions to answer. And I would imagine that those who are deathly opposed to Colt teams will be most keen to see them answered, because it might be the best chance of avoiding Colt teams in the Lowland League.

Not surprised to see you've disappeared from this thread since the SFA confirmed that these two bullshitters were, in fact, bullshitting yet again about this story.

They have no credibility left.

4 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Not surprised to see you've disappeared from this thread since the SFA confirmed that these two bullshitters were, in fact, bullshitting yet again about this story.

He's just a total fanboy. No objectivity. 

8 hours ago, Spyro said:

@RampantFM instead of posting a screenshot my comment on Twitter as if I’m some sort of troll. Maybe try and see the actual point we are ALL trying to make regarding the other reserve teams in the system and why certain clubs in the LL are quite rightly getting a lot of criticism... from people from all areas of football at this level.

I’ve never hidden behind my alias, I’m not a troll and I am always available for a private, civilised chat... as many on here have already and will testify.

Ok, I could’ve worded my post a little different but your FACTS regarding a basic issue were so out of touch, I felt it was an insult to everyone considering your apparent expertise on the game at this level.

I don’t have a personal Twitter account or I would’ve defended myself there. Don’t lose sleep over me honey x

"Stick to Football Manager and leave the real football to people who have half a clue. I’ve always gave you guys and the whole BSC/Caledonian Braves thing the benefit of the doubt but you can take your silly, fake clubs away."

Yip, a very civilised  response. 

1 hour ago, superbigal said:

The podcast certainly showing their true lights as completely neutral and not some propaganda machine for Georgie Porgie finger in the Pie.

You must be an avid listener. 

We cover Deveronvale quite alot... 

28 minutes ago, RampantFM said:

"Stick to Football Manager and leave the real football to people who have half a clue. I’ve always gave you guys and the whole BSC/Caledonian Braves thing the benefit of the doubt but you can take your silly, fake clubs away."

Yip, a very civilised  response. 

24 minutes ago, RampantFM said:

Not touchy in the slightest.

56 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

52 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

He's just a total fanboy. No objectivity. 

:lol:

Meow. Getting a bit feisty in here.

I don't really see what has changed since I last commented, other than the SFA have spun their side of things. Which they were always going to do - both sides are going to spin it! As I said in the post Craig quoted!

I'm adult enough to know that yes, even Rangers are going to exaggerate, lie and tell half-truths over this. Despite their comms department being led by David Graham, a man of, er, unimpeachable integrity...

Rod Petrie saying in a statement that Rangers agreed not to distribute the paper might be true. Stewart Robertson saying that the SFA board have frustrated the process might also be true. Rod Petrie may be right saying that the proposal included B teams in League 2, Stewart Robertson may be right in saying it only included strategic partnerships.

I have no idea who is telling the truth (it's likely neither of them are telling the whole truth), but there you go. I am always surprised at the willingness of some people to blindly believe everything the SFA and SPFL say though. I am unsure what either body has done in recent years to inspire such devotion, because they spin and lie as much as anyone.

Until something actually happens, such as the Lowland League holding a vote on this or the proposal leaking, then nothing has really changed other than press releases. If people want to cheer on their side until then, then wire in. I have no problem with that. I just find laughing at Keith Starmer more fun than quoting press releases at people about introducing Colt teams into a "pyramid" system that already has them, so that's what I spent my weekend doing.

32 minutes ago, RampantFM said:

I am astounded by your level of research.  Oh of course you are broadcasters so goes without saying.  Well played.

I also played for Jeanfield Swifts who certainly have more of a case for LL inclusion than some.

Excellent statement by Bonnyrigg

https://www.bonnyriggrosefc.co.uk/news/celtic--rangers-b-team-entering-lowland-league-members-vote-results-2615312.html

LOWLAND LEAGUE MEMBERS' VOTE RESULTS

BY BRENDAN PARKINSON
46 MINUTES AGO
Resolute rejection of proposal by supporters

After a 72 hour consultation process with our members on the Celtic and Rangers B team proposal, they have decided by an overwhelming majority to reject said proposal by 95% to 5%. We have also taken on board the views of non-members over this period, as they come to games and invest in the club such as through our weekly lottery and 50/50 club draws, supporters’ wall and other fundraising initiatives etc. so we felt it was important to give those supporters a voice as well. We have complete trust in our support to make the right decision, which is why they make decisions such as these in the same way they made the right choice to swap junior for senior football three years ago and have been with us every step on that journey to the present day. For context, the votes received over the 72 consultation process via phone & conference calls, emails and text messages were over double those that made that decision, so we feel it is a representative sample of the feelings of our whole support base.

A number of reasons for rejection were raised as part of the consultation process, but the over-riding one was that of sporting integrity which has been an overused phrase over the past couple of seasons. It isn’t that long ago that 13 East of Scotland sides and their board decided unanimously not only to allow us and 25 others entry to the East of Scotland League, but to allow us to play at the same level as existing teams and creating the Conferences. If that didn’t happen we wouldn’t have been promoted to the Lowland League at the first attempt as we would have been in (at least) the 2nd tier of EoS football if we were made to join at the bottom and who knows what might have happened then. They are the only league we can hold up as putting sporting integrity ahead of anything else.

Looking back on our 1st season in the EoS league our supporters remember the hurdles we had to jump through off the field once the team did the business on it in order to join the Lowland League, with the installation of floodlights in three weeks and campaigns on several different fronts before we were eventually admitted. We, alongside Kelty Hearts, Bo’ness United and Caledonian Braves all had to start at the bottom in order to gain our status in the Lowland League and there are over 100 clubs trying to do the same. Kelty Hearts are only two games away from achieving SPFL status and we wish them all the very best and hope they follow Edinburgh City and Cove Rangers into the league via this process. Our members have no problem whatsoever with any B team joining the pyramid and if the names were Hibs and Hearts or Livingston and Hamilton their decision would have been the same, but that they are treated in the same way as every other new joiner and starting at the bottom and allowed to progress up to Tier 6 in line with other current reserve teams in the EoS and SoS leagues.

If the league board is prepared as per the documents received and statement issued to propose two additional clubs to the league, (which requires SFA approval as we were given a one season dispensation to expand to 17 teams from 16) the priority of clubs who have been vocal on sporting integrity calling for pyramid play-offs to take place should be to take clubs from Tier 6 that meet the criteria via application over any other club wishing to parachute in.

It has been suggested that this proposal will raise the profile of the league but it is our contention that it will not be in a good way, with any goodwill with the wider Scottish Football fraternity built up with the lack of promotion places into League 2/cancelled play-off games etc. immediately erased, and could in theory nullify the legitimacy of the league and potentially put in jeopardy any future pyramid play-offs when league placings of teams competing in our league don’t matter.

The rejection of the proposal by our members should not be seen as a slight towards either the league board or Celtic and Rangers. The league board approached both Celtic and Rangers with an offer which we believe to be with the best of intentions and in turn both teams duly complied with a set of terms and we imagine that every club in a similar situation would do the same. The only reservation we raised with the board was the amount of notice we were given to consider it, which was accepted but is due to making any necessary rule changes in time for the AGM at the end of this month which in turn we understand. Any commercial aspect of the proposal however well intended has to be secondary over the integrity of the pyramid.

Reference has been made to a “‘Scottish Football Innovation’ paper, a project which is still on-going and may well be implemented for season 22/23”, in the SLFL statement which despite apparently being well publicised we have never seen. This paper has never been brought to a LL general meeting for member clubs for review. This may or may not include B teams in League 2 but that wouldn’t be our decision to make as would be a SPFL one. Clubs do have the power by a simple majority to approve or reject this proposal however. Simply put, by voting this proposal through we turn this league into one for hire and that can’t possibly correlate with any semblance of either sporting or pyramid integrity.
We would ask supporters of other Lowland League clubs and the clubs themselves to reflect on the thoughts of our members summarised above ahead of any decision and want to thank our supporters once again for their views and mobilising at short notice over the weekend.

Edited by Footballfirst

11 minutes ago, BS7 said:

Anyone know of or seen the Scottish Football Innovation paper?

It’s never seen the light of day yet.

The working group inc George Fraser devised a plan and  it went to the spfl who sent it back to SFA with suggested amendments.

It was supposed to come out to spfl Clubs after that but has not appeared.

2 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

It’s never seen the light of day yet.

The working group inc George Fraser devised a plan and  it went to the spfl who sent it back to SFA with suggested amendments.

It was supposed to come out to spfl Clubs after that but has not appeared.

Thanks.

This is screaming conflict of interest to me.