Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

9 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

In what way are the LL clubs been dictated to by people expressing their opinions on pie and bovril?

If the LL are looking to increase the size of the league then it should be from clubs tier 6. Civil Service Strollers have already come out to say they want any discussion to include that so this proposal doesn't just impact the LL clubs even if it is for one season which you need to be extremely naive to believe.

Simple fact is there is only one proposal to be considered.

Nobody has put forward any proposal to increase the LL from clubs at tier 6 

3 minutes ago, VodkaTap said:

Simple fact is there is only one proposal to be considered.

Nobody has put forward any proposal to increase the LL from clubs at tier 6 

Why would clubs in other leagues be putting forward a proposal about the Lowland League?

Just now, Marshmallo said:

No surprise this is being pushed by people from clubs with no fanbase to speak of. They don't have to worry about a backlash in the same way other clubs would.

Again - are you really saying that a minimum number of fans are required before clubs are allowed to make decisions affecting them ??????????

Just now, VodkaTap said:

Again - are you really saying that a minimum number of fans are required before clubs are allowed to make decisions affecting them ??????????

Where did I say that? 

If you actually read what I said it's that clubs which have less fans will face less backlash. 

Just now, Marshmallo said:

Where did I say that? 

If you actually read what I said it's that clubs which have less fans will face less backlash. 

I did actually read your comment - you seemed to imply that their views are less worthy than those clubs with a larger fanbase.

3 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

You did - "from clubs at tier 6"

That comment was in response to a comment from Jack Burton who said

"If the LL are looking to increase the size of the league then it should be from clubs tier 6. Civil Service Strollers have already come out to say they want any discussion to include that."

10 minutes ago, andrew21 said:

So 41 minutes in and the consensus seems to be "its for one season and it affects no-one outside the lowland leagu.

Hey guys see that big picture over there that you seem to have missed.

Get to near the end with the 3 of them wrapping up and basically accepting that the OF Colts will end up in League Two.

Failing to understand that the SPFL lower leagues having been continuously against all Colt proposals for near enough its entire existence now.

11 minutes ago, andrew21 said:

So 41 minutes in and the consensus seems to be "its for one season and it affects no-one outside the lowland leagu.

Hey guys see that big picture over there that you seem to have missed.

To take my uninvited visitor analogy further. They have turned up, got in and announced they want to knock your terraced house down and replace it, without consulting the neighbours.

16 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Every club will be affected by the proposal: why do you think there is such an outcry against it?

Sorry - i dont accept your statement at all.

I have previously said this on this matter 

This proposal, as it stands affects only current LL teams. Nobody else.

Any change at all after this proposal, is something entirely new. The ramifications of which would need to examined  & discussed by all those affected.

You are mixing up this current proposal with a potential new proposal for a further season

11 minutes ago, RampantFM said:

Got too used to hiding my lockdown barnet. 

I don't use businesses that misuse apostrophes and I don't watch podcasts by people who wear hats indoors. These are among my important life rules.

Another is I won't be going to games in any division that has a Celtic or Rangers team in it.

Celtic and Rangers Lowland move not all about money, there's a human aspect, says Lowland chief

That's the headline they've gone with on the article.

Maybe i'm missing something. Didn't all leagues catering to 17-20 year olds get canned this past year?

It's nice that the bigwigs running the leagues have decided to rip up the rulebook for 40 odd of them and not the 100s of others.

2 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

So just to summarise, if Stranraer Reserves win the SoS next season they're now fine to enter the LL play-off, aye?

If they're rewriting the rules and counting the OF 'B' teams in the league, then they're going to have to amend some portion of it that deals with the no 2nd teams.

image.png.d16e83f7a2598954fad6572ebbd2ed36.png

B2 (i) Except for Celtic and Rangers as they paid us their pennies.

31 minute ish mark on the promotion/relegation issue between Lowland League and Tier 6. Pivots to expansion and Lowland League 2 idea.
Thought it was very pro Rangers & Celtic Colts podcast unfortunately and apart from when got in PG and Dak who gave great arguments against the Colts better than I ever could and explained really why the tier 6 and 7 clubs are really annoyed about this.

For years it's been Lowland Leagues magic number is 16 teams and they can't have extra promotion from leagues below because that's the rules and it's 16 teams. Now Lowland League want Rangers and Celtic Colts in and willing to change the rules that apparently couldn't be altered because they will give them £50,000 and can maybe get a few games on BBC Alba.

I am certainly not anti Old Firm but I know the amount of work that's went on at so many teams in West and East to get licenses and now Old Firm Colts will block the path to promotion as Lowland League can now have 18 teams but 2 has to be Rangers & Celtic Colts instead of top 2 in West & East this season coming with 2 down and give the pyramid proper ventilation plus have 4 clubs with likely big supports / ambitious clubs coming up to Lowland League.