Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

34 minutes ago, It's Me said:

Is that all these progressive clubs that went null and void rather than declare a champion and put a club up into the LL - they progressive clubs?

Continuing the season was out of the question. Pretty much every team decided to start because we thought we'd have fans in by the start of the season and Xmas at the latest. Null and void was the right decision considering teams had played 15 games at most.

I'm talking about the progressive teams that have moved to the pyramid and enhanced non league football. The teams that have improved their ground, their club, their community partnerships. The club's that are the beating heart of Scottish football. If the league wants to expand, which is bullshit going by the desire to get back to 16 teams, then these teams should be offered the chance to join the league every day of the week over a couple of youth teams from the skidmarks of Scottish football.

1 minute ago, craigiemack said:

Continuing the season was out of the question. Pretty much every team decided to start because we thought we'd have fans in by the start of the season and Xmas at the latest. Null and void was the right decision considering teams had played 15 games at most.

I'm talking about the progressive teams that have moved to the pyramid and enhanced non league football. The teams that have improved their ground, their club, their community partnerships. The club's that are the beating heart of Scottish football. If the league wants to expand, which is bullshit going by the desire to get back to 16 teams, then these teams should be offered the chance to join the league every day of the week over a couple of youth teams from the skidmarks of Scottish football.

Yes I get that. And I totally agree that promotion should always happen from within the pyramid. However, as it stands the LL has 17 clubs - and needs to get to 16 - if they brought in 2 clubs from within then that would mean four possibly five clubs relegated next season. So why not give the OF colts teams a place to play for one season? Then they go and the LL can get back to 16 clubs. 

It seems that a lot of the anger about this is coming from people who just have an anti OF agenda.

I still think that the leagues in tier 6 should have simply declared on PPG like the tier 5 clubs then the clubs you describe could be put forward to join the LL.  

22 minutes ago, It's Me said:

OF colts team takes part next season - for one year only - for season 2022/23 a new league is created for 16 clubs that are licensed at tier 6 made up from progressive teams from the West , South and East (a SLFL 2). Each year that league has three automatic relegation places to allow the winner of the leagues to go into SLFL2. From SLFL2 the winner goes up automatically and the runner up has a play off with team 16 that is in the SLFL1? 

The SLFL work with the OF to apply pressure and try and come to a solution where the winner of the HL / LL playoff goes straight up with no further playoff required. Or the winner of the HL / LL playoff goes up and the losers plays club 41 in a playoff. Would that help things and how would clubs that are currently at tier 6 feel about dropping to tier 7 to make way for the SLFL2?

So all that work with LL2 and you still only have 1.5 promotion spots? You could get the same result without all the hassle of LL2 by making it 2 relegation spots and auto promotion for the EOS/WOS winners.

And the LL will get to 16 clubs when Kelty pump Brechin, or next season when they relegated 2 clubs if needed.

3 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

So all that work with LL2 and you still only have 1.5 promotion spots? You could get the same result without all the hassle of LL2 by making it 2 relegation spots and auto promotion for the EOS/WOS winners.

And the LL will get to 16 clubs when Kelty pump Brechin, or next season when they relegated 2 clubs if needed.

But there are three leagues in tier 6 so why only EOS / WOS what about the South winners? This idea means that the winner get into LL2 autmoatically every season.  Would licensed clubs in the East, South and West not want to go into a LL2  and work up? 

The focus is on the OF but there could 10 - 20 clubs who want to get a B/Reserve side in the lower leagues. Did I hear the Edinburgh City tried to get a team in the EoS and got rejected? They'll end up just playing against each other and may as well be in a reserve league. 

7 hours ago, Dev said:

If the LL doing deals with the OF unblocks the Pyramid i.e. two up and two down between the SPFL2 and the LL and two down from the LL with two promotion spots from Tier 6 would it be worthwhile putting up with two OF B teams for a season? No one believes it would be for just one season but that may be the deal to get past opposition from some lower SPFL clubs.

Would it be worth it? The lack of promotion has been flagged up by Gordon Fraser very recently so he is seemingly willing to stick his neck out in the hope of getting the log-jam broken permanently.

Puts a very different light on the whole thing. He's trying to find a way to make things happen, knowing the reaction which he will get. Takes lots of guts to stand up like that.

With one move he has undone nearly a decade of reputation building by the Lowland League. 

Fair bit of hatred spouted towards the old firm on this thread.  Different story when your club asks Rangers or Celtic to send a team through for a pre-season money maker friendly.

Just saying.......

8 hours ago, Ironside8 said:

Without doubt the final hammer blow to any idea of a 'pyramid' .

Incredible it's finished before it even got started.

Juniors are still deid, you'll be loving the Pyramid come July, I bet you can't wait.

1 minute ago, MDM said:

Fair bit of hatred spouted towards the old firm on this thread.  Different story when your club asks Rangers or Celtic to send a team through for a pre-season money maker friendly.

Just saying.......

Not really. I'd be happy for the OF to leave Scottish football and never play another Scottish side ever again. Scottish football would be immeasurably better.

34 minutes ago, MDM said:

Just saying.......

This will no doubt be reworded and put forward as reasoning when the Highland League clubs are being asked to take on Jakey Dons and Faux County teams, even though friendlies and testimonial games against their full teams are barely worth the effort these days. 

Can anyone give me a run down of exactly how large the crowds were, how lucrative the sponsorship deals were and how intense the media attention has been for all previous OF reserve or youth league participation. You'd have to assume that these were all extremely lucrative for a club among the 10 ten for social media engagement in the Europa League? Or maybe that's just obviously not how football works?

And if the answer is not far off 'f**k all', why would being in the LL make any difference at all?

Edited by Gordon EF

1 hour ago, MDM said:

Just saying.......

What a jackass

6 minutes ago, Enigma said:

I’m all for cancelling the pyramid play offs with immediate effect if those two get in the Lowland League.

It'd be hilarious if that just happened now and saved Brechin. It would be like the LL baring down on goal in the last minute of a game, slipping and miskicking it so badly that it actually flew in for an OG at the other end and losing 2-1.

If the LL doing deals with the OF unblocks the Pyramid i.e. two up and two down between the SPFL2 and the LL and two down from the LL with two promotion spots from Tier 6 would it be worthwhile putting up with two OF B teams for a season? No one believes it would be for just one season but that may be the deal to get past opposition from some lower SPFL clubs.
Would it be worth it? The lack of promotion has been flagged up by Gordon Fraser very recently so he is seemingly willing to stick his neck out in the hope of getting the log-jam broken permanently.
Puts a very different light on the whole thing. He's trying to find a way to make things happen, knowing the reaction which he will get. Takes lots of guts to stand up like that.
In what way will the LL having a partnership with the Old Firm result in an increase in relegation and promotion to the SPFL?

The Old Firm have been desperate to get their Colts in the league setup for years but has been rejected time and again by the clubs in the SPFL. If the Old Firm don't have the power to get their Colts in the league setup then won't be able to do anything to increase the number of relegation places either.

If the Old Firm Colts do become a reality in the LL, and I really can't see it being for one season, then I think the opposite will be true and it will harden the stance against promotion/relegation to the LL. The teams in the SPFL won't accept being relegated into a league containing Colt teams.

31 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

In what way will the LL having a partnership with the Old Firm result in an increase in relegation and promotion to the SPFL?

The Old Firm have been desperate to get their Colts in the league setup for years but has been rejected time and again by the clubs in the SPFL. If the Old Firm don't have the power to get their Colts in the league setup then won't be able to do anything to increase the number of relegation places either.

If the Old Firm Colts do become a reality in the LL, and I really can't see it being for one season, then I think the opposite will be true and it will harden the stance against promotion/relegation to the LL. The teams in the SPFL won't accept being relegated into a league containing Colt teams.

Totally agree. &  it will tend to be the SPFL clubs most in favour of the pyramid will be those most opposed to Old Firm Colts. So runs the risk of alienating the very spfl clubs the LL will depend on for opening up the pyramid.

1 hour ago, Gordon EF said:

It'd be hilarious if that just happened now and saved Brechin. It would be like the LL baring down on goal in the last minute of a game, slipping and miskicking it so badly that it actually flew in for an OG at the other end and losing 2-1.

Just kick the Lowland League entrant out and declare Brora winners instead, Brechin still need to be flushed down the bog. 

Really hope the majority of teams object to this. It’s just typical of these 2 clubs trying to get their own way again, keep trying till it happens. 
It’s noone but their own fault they don’t/ cant develop players and not the responsibility of other hard working  teams to help them... get this in the bin please!

colt teams have already ruined a decent lower league competition in the Challenge cup. Most fans, myself included have not been to any challenge cup match since they have been allowed entry. Nor will I ever watch my team play against them. 

Edited by FREDDYFRY