Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

3 minutes ago, G51 said:

Hibs and Stenny are saying that it's working really well. I think that's the point. It reads to me as if some kind of proposal legislating for this went to the SFA board and then didn't go anywhere - if I'm picking that up wrong then someone can correct me.

I'd be very interested to read the details of the proposal. Could see it being leaked very soon.

My point was that Stewart Robertson was saying he was frustrated that their proposal was never sent round the clubs. Yet there's an example of 2/42 doing exactly what he's complaining about not happening.

If Hibs have done it why haven't Rangers if they believe in it so much?

Scotland is one of very few countries in Europe, if not the only one, with absolutely no player transition options between the U18 League and the 1st team. This creates a major vacuum negatively impacting some of Scotland’s best young talent.

thats just an outright lie.  

13 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Scotland is one of very few countries in Europe, if not the only one, with absolutely no player transition options between the U18 League and the 1st team. This creates a major vacuum negatively impacting some of Scotland’s best young talent.

thats just an outright lie.  

There are grammatical errors in it too. Like a primary 7 project.

Don't know who is the biggest fud out of the three in that Rangers video. I knew Robertson had a history of talking horseshit, but Wilson and Mulholland are pushing him there on fudness. 

Had never heard Wilson talk before, but he seems well versed in business jargon, talking a lot and saying little................... apart from letting a cat out the bag with his 'initially' faux pas

Mulholland looks like he knows he's talking pish.

9 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Don't know who is the biggest fud out of the three in that Rangers video. I knew Robertson had a history of talking horseshit, but Wilson and Mulholland are pushing him there on fudness. 

Had never heard Wilson talk before, but he seems well versed in business jargon, talking a lot and saying little................... apart from letting a cat out the bag with his 'initially' faux pas

Mulholland looks like he knows he's talking pish.

Does anyone still really believe this is ONLY for one season now?!

It fucking stinks 😷

2 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

I think some of this needs clarified. Are points gained against the colts counted in all the other team's points totals? If Bonnyrigg pick up 75 points against actual LL clubs and 0 against the colts but East Kilbride pick up 70 against actual LL clubs and 6 against the colts, do East Kilbride finish above Bonnyrigg? If they do, how is the integrity of the league not compromised? By clubs "competing" against colt sides with absolutely nothing at stake in terms of results? And if not, why is this even being proposed? Why not just arrange a series of friendlies against any clubs who'll take their pittance?

You're right, there's a difference between the results not being counted and the Colts being removed from the league table, needs to be clarified.

Why is it being proposed? I'm guessing George Fraser has seen an opportunity to get the OF on their side with regards to the LL's pyramid interests and make a bit of money in these tough times. The question is can there ever be enough positives in terms of the pyramid and money to make up for the OF Colts negatives?

As for the Civil Service Strollers post, while it looks good they've clearly missed the point of the extra 2 clubs - the LL are only going to 18 clubs because of the OF Colts. And if CSS want to be on the side of clubs in tier 6, they should be arguing for 2 relegation spots regardless of whether it's 16 or 18 clubs.

1 minute ago, Ginaro said:

Why is it being proposed? I'm guessing George Fraser has seen an opportunity to get the OF on their side with regards to the LL's pyramid interests and make a bit of money in these tough times. The question is can there ever be enough positives in terms of the pyramid and money to make up for the OF Colts negatives?

That's something I'm not sure I get. The OF can effectively block any proposal that's tabled but they can't push anything through. If we're talking about increased promotion from the LL, L1 and L2 clubs could easily block that if they wanted to and there's nothing the OF can do about it.

The OF won't give a f**k whether BSC Glasgow have a decent shot at promotion or not.

3 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

You're right, there's a difference between the results not being counted and the Colts being removed from the league table, needs to be clarified.

As for the Civil Service Strollers post, while it looks good they've clearly missed the point of the extra 2 clubs - the LL are only going to 18 clubs because of the OF Colts. And if CSS want to be on the side of clubs in tier 6, they should be arguing for 2 relegation spots regardless of whether it's 16 or 18 clubs.

If you watch the Rangers interviews and then look at the LL proposal, a lot of the jargon that Craig Mulholland says overlap. I think he's finally been able to turn some heads after YEARS of trying.

What does being in the Top 10 clubs in the Europa League in...social media engagement have to do with lower league football in scotland.

image.png.624689dccae122c2ae7e2d84ece67fcf.png

https://www.caledonianbraves.com/uploads/tinymce/Lowland League Proposal - May 2021.pdf
Gate income – circa £5000 per lowland League club (based on a conservative 500 supporters x £5 x 2 fixtures)
Have they got a dictionary where conservative means something radically different to the definition any normal person would have?
The Financial & profiles stuff is a real back of a fag packet effort.
I think they're using the definition of Conservative as in the party. That is, load of shite.

Never mind the Old Firm colts, get grasping chancers like Broomhill hounded while we're at it for their craven Wormtongue routine.

Oblige them to play in their own ground somewhere in their supposed catchment area or kick them out of the pyramid entirely, no ifs, buts or maybes about it. 

Done yelling now, the sad fact is that this will go through and will be a disgrace as that's what the sycophantic individuals in power want.

The only humorous thing is that these fucking B teams will finish above teams like BSC and ruin their chances at promotion, but that's it. I think I'm done reading these kind of threads that just depress me about the future of Scottish football.

No, that's the Lowland League proposal. I'm talking about the proposal submitted to the SFA board.

Have you not realised that these guys are just bullshitters and that there is no magic proposal going to the SFA board because there doesn't need to be one. It's PR puff from Rangers and nothing else.

The authorities have put all the steps in place to allow strategic partnerships to exist, what else is it that they want or need the SFA to do on that front?

1 hour ago, Ginaro said:

If the LL doing deals with the OF unblocks the Pyramid i.e. two up and two down between the SPFL2 and the LL and two down from the LL with two promotion spots from Tier 6 would it be worthwhile putting up with two OF B teams for a season? No one believes it would be for just one season but that may be the deal to get past opposition from some lower SPFL clubs.

Would it be worth it? The lack of promotion has been flagged up by Gordon Fraser very recently so he is seemingly willing to stick his neck out in the hope of getting the log-jam broken permanently.

Puts a very different light on the whole thing. He's trying to find a way to make things happen, knowing the reaction which he will get. Takes lots of guts to stand up like that.

8 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Have you not realised that these guys are just bullshitters and that there is no magic proposal going to the SFA board because there doesn't need to be one. It's PR puff from Rangers and nothing else.

The authorities have put all the steps in place to allow strategic partnerships to exist, what else is it that they want or need the SFA to do on that front?

Are you saying that Ross Wilson and Craig Mulholland are lying about having put together a proposal for player development that the PGB and SPFL boards passed, but the SFA board haven't touched?

That seems extremely unlikely. I would imagine if that was the case then the SFA would already have released a statement saying as much.

I'm interested to see what is in the proposal. It's impossible to judge it without knowing what's in it.

Edited by G51