Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

Surely now we have a pyramid teams can no longer just be invited in. It destroys the idea of sporting merit. I'm opposed to colt teams at all but colt or not any team should need to start at the bottom of the pyramid like Rangers in 2012 . Now the pyramid has grown. In the west they should start at tier 7. 

2 minutes ago, edinabear said:

Some of these clubs have home crowds of less than 30 people. (Caledonian Braves, edin uni, Stirling uni, BSC) At the very minimum old firm fans would be bringing a couple of hundred and probably more depending on the occasion. And also I believe they are paying somesort of joining fee. 

Do you really think OF fans will take a couple of hundred to these games? Their attendances in the Challenge Cup would suggest otherwise. Attendances, for example in Germany aren't bolstered because a team is playing 'Bayern B'.

A joining fee yes, but any increase in attendances due to the involvement of OF 'B' sides I would suggest will not pan out.

12 minutes ago, edinabear said:

Some of these clubs have home crowds of less than 30 people. (Caledonian Braves, edin uni, Stirling uni, BSC) At the very minimum old firm fans would be bringing a couple of hundred and probably more depending on the occasion. And also I believe they are paying somesort of joining fee. 

Both parts of this are massively wrong. OF fans do not care about their colt teams, certainly not enough to travel to Dalbeattie or Gretna in numbers to see them. Attendances at the Challenge Cup games they played were low, and those actually had some competitive nature to them, unlike this idea which - if the above rumours are true - they are glamourised friendlies. 

If we don't vote this through we aren't going to win the world cup one day. Full time pro youths having cold Tuesday nights in Innerleithen, Dalbeattie & M&Ds country park will be the foundations for our future success.

I think it's only correct that the closed door SPFL follow suit and open things up a bit for other clubs as has been demanded for years.

How about we allow the loser of the Highland - Lowland play off to play friendlies against L2 teams the following season for a fee of 5 grand a game or so?

Pathetic from the Lowland League if this gets the go ahead.

There is plenty of teams in tier 6 desperate to get in the LL and have been spending money to get licensed. If there is to be any increase in the LL then it should be coming from these clubs.

No chance this will be for one season.

3 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

If we don't vote this through we aren't going to win the world cup one day. Full time pro youths having cold Tuesday nights in Innerleithen, Dalbeattie & M&Ds country park will be the foundations for our future success.

Are you not thrilled by this new "Scottish Football Innovation paper".  It's sure to be right up there with the 2020 vision and Project Brave. This time with the added boost of messing about with non-league clubs 🤣

14 minutes ago, Steven W said:

Do you really think OF fans will take a couple of hundred to these games? Their attendances in the Challenge Cup would suggest otherwise. Attendances, for example in Germany aren't bolstered because a team is playing 'Bayern B'.

A joining fee yes, but any increase in attendances due to the involvement of OF 'B' sides I would suggest will not pan out.

The crowds were considered low for the challenge cup but I believe the lowest was around 400 for away and 6,000 for a home game. I'm sure someone compiled a breakdown of them all on here

3 minutes ago, edinabear said:

The crowds were considered low for the challenge cup but I believe the lowest was around 400 for away and 6,000 for a home game. I'm sure someone compiled a breakdown of them all on here

You must be working with a Junior calculator there.

All the crocodile tears and horse shit about the spirit of the pyramid when it suits the LL and now letting the OF skip 100+ clubs for 50p and a lucky bag each. Embarrassing and hopefully the clubs which have some fans in the division make sure this doesn't go ahead.

Edited by Marshmallo

Trawled through twitter to see what the LL clubs have said. Majority have retweeted it but only one as far as I can see (Berwick Rangers) have asked fans how they feel about it.

Also shoutout to that one person spamming every bloody thread with a link to their shitey discord channel.

Just when I start to get some slight optimism around the way scottish football is heading (albeit slowly)‘something like this comes along.

I’ve been a vocal supporter of the lowland league for several years, but if they recommend this to be implemented, and the clubs vote for it they can all get fucked. The message this sends out to the east and west feeder leagues before they even have a chance to be properly organised is a total kick in the baws.

Our game is poisoned by absolute utter cretins from top to bottom

2 minutes ago, andrew21 said:

Season 1

You're at it again.

Season 2019/20

1st round Queens park v Celtic B Crowd 321

Berwick Rangers v Rangers B  303

Still 3 x the average of a lot of the LL Teams crowds then 

Lowest crowd of 6,000 for a home game? [emoji23]

1 hour ago, GNU_Linux said:

family guy vomit GIF

each line gets worse.  Surely the last action Fraser should ever do in an official capacity.

51 minutes ago, andrew21 said:

I'll just throw this one in .

David Knox on Twitter: "Exciting times as @RangersFC and @CelticFC set to enter B teams in next season’s @OfficialSLFL ... vote to be held by member clubs on Monday" / Twitter

Interesting thread claims Rangers and Celtic are paying £25k each (so basically 3k for each team and that no league points are being played for in the games v Colts teams. 

Ok,  so to some extent I have less of a problem with this they aren’t part of the league table but if they aren’t part of the table they shouldn’t be joining the league. 

If they genuinely wanted to pay clubs to play them in a friendly then that’s absolutely fine, obviously league games would be the priority, but going around the county playing friendlies against random sides isn’t a problem.  But it shouldn’t be linked to a league organisation,  doing so is only an attempt to enter the league fully. Which would be a disgrace.