Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

What are Fraser and the LL playing at here, what on earth are they doing. Shafting every single club at level 6 and beyond. Player development my arse.

If these Colt teams want to enter the Pyramid, try starting at the bottom of the WoS.

The leagues similarly pissed off about the Lowland League's choice. And so they should be, absolute joke. Scottish football determined to make a disgrace of itself.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

George Fraser and anyone else can hang their heads in shame for even entertaining the idea. Happy to take the bigots coin and spit in the face of the teams (including their current champion of the last two seasons) who actually put in hard graft to get into the league, and those in the EOS, SOS, and WOS who are working hard to do the same. If this goes to a vote I can only hope that Bo'ness and the rest of the LLs teams tell them to GTF

Don't quite understand why it's the Lowland League who have made the first approach. My guess is that this is some kind of political manouevring or something among the Lowland League chairmen. Who knows.

Doubt it ever happens tbh. There's no advantage to Rangers and Celtic doing this that I can see.

Don't quite understand why it's the Lowland League who have made the first approach. My guess is that this is some kind of political manouevring or something among the Lowland League chairmen. Who knows.
Doubt it ever happens tbh. There's no advantage to Rangers and Celtic doing this that I can see.
Lowland League and their teams will be wanting the money Rangers & Celtic were offering to League Two. So very limited promotion from East and West of Scotland and 1 relegation spot from Lowland League but invite Rangers & Celtic Colts. Joke and a big f**k you to all tier 6 teams and below.

SPFL should tell the Lowland League that if they do this there is no more promotion to the league. The league's clubs and supporters overwhelmingly oppose demeaning the league to further boost the prospects of the two wealthiest clubs. Any attempt to introduce it via the back door should be resisted.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

1 minute ago, Shannon said:
11 minutes ago, G51 said:

Lowland League and their teams will be wanting the money Rangers & Celtic were offering to League Two. So very limited promotion from East and West of Scotland and 1 relegation spot from Lowland League but invite Rangers & Celtic Colts. Joke and a big f**k you to all tier 6 teams and below.

Yeah I can see why the Lowland League might go to Rangers and Celtic and say "Give us a bag of cash and we'll give you one season of Colt teams while we're hard up"

I don't see why Rangers and Celtic would make that deal though.

1 minute ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

SPFL should tell the Lowland League that if they do this there is no more promotion to the league. The league's clubs and supporters overwhelmingly oppose demeaning the league to further boost the prospects of the two wealthiest clubs. Any attempt to introduce it via the back door should be resisted.

The SPFL will likely be cheering it on.

1 minute ago, andrew21 said:

If I'm reading this correctly the OF are bunging the LL clubs money to play in what amounts to glorified friendlies. Dearie me.

5 minutes ago, G51 said:

Yeah I can see why the Lowland League might go to Rangers and Celtic and say "Give us a bag of cash and we'll give you one season of Colt teams while we're hard up"

I don't see why Rangers and Celtic would make that deal though.

They'd be playing the long game and it would give them some legitimacy.

8 minutes ago, Steven W said:

How will it?

Some of these clubs have home crowds of less than 30 people. (Caledonian Braves, edin uni, Stirling uni, BSC) At the very minimum old firm fans would be bringing a couple of hundred and probably more depending on the occasion. And also I believe they are paying somesort of joining fee. 

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

They'd be playing the long game and it would give them some legitimacy.

I don't see it doing anything in particular to change the minds of League 1 and 2 chairman, but maybe others can see something I can't. I still think League 1 and 2 fans would be opposed, and therefore the clubs will be.

All the respectful clubs in the LL that actually listen to their fans should be pulling out and reapplying for the EOS/WOS/SOS leagues. Short term strain but better than completely losing their supporters. It’s a fucking disgrace by the LL!