Celtic and Rangers B Teams in League Two?

falski

Plans to introduce Celtic and Rangers B teams into League Two for the start of next season are being finalised for a vote by SPFL clubs. Supporters Direct Scotland have engaged supporters on this topic in the past, but are keen to know whether the opinions of Scottish football supporters has changed.

The survey is open now at https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/XLJSRN2

Edited by falski

12 minutes ago, falski said:

Plans to introduce Celtic and Rangers B teams into League Two for the start of next season are being finalised for a vote by SPFL clubs. Supporters Direct Scotland have engaged supporters on this topic in the past, but are keen to know whether the opinions of Scottish football supporters has changed.

The survey is open now at https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/XLJSRN2

Could you not post this in the specific thread rather than spamming the forum?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I would support the big sides having colt teams in the lower leagues. The point in this is to let the big clubs develop more top players for Scotland. It would be great if we could get back to the days when Scotland produced a glut of top players. If the big sides had colt teams playing in the lower leagues it would generate more international class players for the Scotland side. 

My priority is Scotland. The priority of Scottish football should the performance of the national side. 

If this idea develops more top players then that is good for Scottish soccer. 

I would want Aberdeen, Celtic, Rangers., Hearts, Hibs, Dundee United, and Motherwell to all play colt teams in the lower leagues. 

The reason for this is the national side. 

The colt teams of big sides  play in the lower divisions in Germany, Spain, France, Portugal, Belgium, Croatia, and the Netherlands. 

I do not see why it is an insult for a team to play the B sides of another side. 

Most Scottish fans would love to see their club play the Real Madrid B or Barcelona B sides. 

So why does it become an insult to play a B team when it is a Scottish side? 

We should make sure every Scottish player is given an opportunity to progress, 

I heard once coach say it is not the job of Scottish football to develop Celtic and Rangers youth players. I profoundly disagree with the attitude. 

How can Scottish football go forward if people actively want to discourage other clubs developing good Scottish players.?

IT IS NOT AN INSULT TO PLAY THE B TEAM OF A BIGGER CLUB. 

17 minutes ago, Thistle Scotland Europe said:

I would support the big sides having colt teams in the lower leagues. The point in this is to let the big clubs develop more top players for Scotland. It would be great if we could get back to the days when Scotland produced a glut of top players. If the big sides had colt teams playing in the lower leagues it would generate more international class players for the Scotland side. 

My priority is Scotland. The priority of Scottish football should the performance of the national side. 

I would want Aberdeen, Celtic, Rangers., Hearts, Hibs, Dundee United, and Motherwell to all play colt teams in the lower leagues. 

The colt teams of big sides  play in the lower divisions in Germany, Spain, France, Portugal, Belgium, Croatia, and the Netherlands. 

I do not see why it is an insult for a team to play the B sides of another side. 

Most Scottish fans would love to see their club play the Real Madrid B or Barcelona B sides. 

I heard once coach say it is not the job of Scottish football to develop Celtic and Rangers youth players. I profoundly disagree with the attitude. 

How can Scottish football go forward if people actively want to discourage other clubs developing good Scottish players.?

A colt Celtic or Rangers side would have about 3 Scottish players in it. Why don't we just pop Alloa or Forfar colts in instead? 

1 hour ago, Thistle Scotland Europe said:

In a preseason friendly it might be mildly interesting.

Competitively - f**k off.

1 hour ago, Thistle Scotland Europe said:

There are hundreds of posts on this thread from people far better informed than me about why it’s a bad idea and why it’s different in European Leagues.

My own brief thoughts are the Old Firm want to develop players, they don’t care what nationality they are from. They don’t care about Scottish football, they have been trying for years to get out! What happened to the old days when Scotland had a strong team, youngsters played for local clubs, learned their trade and worked their way up.

10 hours ago, Thistle Scotland Europe said:

This will not help Scottish football or the national side.

I'd much rather see us play say Coupar Angus than Real Madrid B.

Yes it is.

10 hours ago, Thistle Scotland Europe said:

Nonsense. The priority of club directors must (by law) be the interests of their own company. They have no choice in that.

For all but a handful of clubs, the first priority in practice is survival.

The club game is the lifeblood of football.  It is what engages fans (at every level) every single week - the international game is an occasional diversion.

20 hours ago, Thistle Scotland Europe said:

I've never read anything so grossly offensive in my life. My sitting here literally seething with rage....

"Scottish soccer"?

2 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

I've never read anything so grossly offensive in my life. My sitting here literally seething with rage....

"Scottish soccer"?

Absolutely. The game is football. Always has been. Always will be.

On 18/04/2021 at 21:00, Thistle Scotland Europe said:

soccer?

p***k

• 1 month later...

Scottish soccer 🤣🤣 Try saying Scottish fitba in an American accent?

Seriously, the auld firm are a pair of c@nts and the domination of Scottish football will get worse.

The bigotry and hate has done enough damage and they couldn’t give a monkeys about Scottish fitba

• 4 weeks later...