Celtic and Rangers B Teams in League Two?

Plans to introduce Celtic and Rangers B teams into League Two for the start of next season are being finalised for a vote by SPFL clubs. Supporters Direct Scotland have engaged supporters on this topic in the past, but are keen to know whether the opinions of Scottish football supporters has changed.

The survey is open now at https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/XLJSRN2

Edited by falski

If it’s all about producing players for Scotland, the present squad has 4 produced by Aberdeen (Considine, McKenna, Jack and Fraser), Celtic have 3 (Marshall, McGregor and Tierney) and Rangers 1 (Fleck), unless I’ve missed anyone. So if I’m right surely the two colt teams should be Aberdeen and Celtic.

7 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

If it’s all about producing players for Scotland, the present squad has 4 produced by Aberdeen (Considine, McKenna, Jack and Fraser), Celtic have 3 (Marshall, McGregor and Tierney) and Rangers 1 (Fleck), unless I’ve missed anyone. So if I’m right surely the two colt teams should be Aberdeen and Celtic.

Clubs that have have provided just as many Scotland players in the current squad than Rangers: Harrowgate Railway, Oadby Town and Mudgeeraba
Three clubs I would rather join the Scottish league than Sevco B: Harrowgate Railway, Oadby Town and Mudgeeraba

6 hours ago, falski said:

Plans to introduce Celtic and Rangers B teams into League Two for the start of next season are being finalised for a vote by SPFL clubs. Supporters Direct Scotland have engaged supporters on this topic in the past, but are keen to know whether the opinions of Scottish football supporters has changed.

The survey is open now at https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/XLJSRN2

Strange that the first Elgin City heard of this was when they read it in the press.   Great consultation with clubs from the SPFL so far eh? (if it IS them putting these plans forward) 

And the answer is the same as the last three times they tried this:  Get it in the f***ing sea!

As with all of these cases, Rangers and Celtic are briefing loudly in the press in the hope of getting Sportsound and Clyde1 and the likes to do their lobbying for them. Not surprised the clubs haven't heard much because I don't know if there's actually been a proposal tabled yet.

And St Mirren have produced John McGinn and Kenny McLean. So Sevco are behind us in the queue.

4 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Make that five, can't imagine it'll be long until Scott Wright gets a call up since his recent elevation... 

7 hours ago, Am Muilleach said:

Strange that the first Elgin City heard of this was when they read it in the press.   Great consultation with clubs from the SPFL so far eh? (if it IS them putting these plans forward) 

And the answer is the same as the last three times they tried this:  Get it in the f***ing sea!

Absolutely shocking.

So, they did not have the decency to get in touch with Elgin?

Agree , get this in the bin.

24 minutes ago, CountyFan said:

This would be my red line for Scottish football. I'd be away to watch rugby or ice hockey or actually spend some time with the missus of a weekend. 

I don’t think you would be alone.

People are so fed up with this constant tinkering.

Simples, leave well alone, before they drive more supporters away.

I know several supporters of different clubs, they are not interested in the OF colt teams joining the league, sorry should I say gaining a free ticket into the league.

And why should any team, club be admitted, unless through the promotion, play off process.