Missing In Action

14 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

You are a complete headcase?

What Slippy said Colin, I requested it two years ago when I was in a very dark place & was honestly on the road out but somehow Snorkmaiden and the Acute Mental Health team turned me around enough to the point I realised how much I had been catastrophising for nothing. Depression & Anxiety disorder & Bipolar syndrome is a terrible place to be, I experience it & I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy or even an Ayr fan.

I will be a complete headcase for the rest of whatever life I have left & I can only hope the medication I take helps to make that a very long time.

23 minutes ago, Perkin Flump said:

What Slippy said Colin, I requested it two years ago when I was in a very dark place & was honestly on the road out but somehow Snorkmaiden and the Acute Mental Health team turned me around enough to the point I realised how much I had been catastrophising for nothing. Depression & Anxiety disorder & Bipolar syndrome is a terrible place to be, I experience it & I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy or even an Ayr fan.

I will be a complete headcase for the rest of whatever life I have left & I can only hope the medication I take helps to make that a very long time.

Did requesting your account was banned really make a difference though? Surely you could just log off and stop posting? Is it really a big enough barrier having to sign up to a new account to stop you posting vs just not posting?

Obviously whatever works for you, fair enough, I still find it a bit bizarre though.

Just now, Honest_Man#1 said:

Did requesting your account was banned really make a difference though? Surely you could just log off and stop posting? Is it really a big enough barrier having to sign up to a new account to stop you posting vs just not posting?

Obviously whatever works for you, fair enough, I still find it a bit bizarre though.

At the time it was the right thing to do to give me a bit of breathing space & realise, when prompted by my phsychiatrist that I was lashing out at people for no good reason other than my own self loathing. That allowed me to fix that issue when I had the break rather than continuing to pick needless fights to mask the real problem which was making me look like an utter dick on here..

Like you said whatever works but that disconnect helped me to reset & honestly the issues I had went way beyond my posts on here & I am thankfully recovered from the mental torture I was falling victim to.

It's like scratching an itch sometimes it's better to remove the temptation which I get. Not for me though as I live and breathe this fine website and every denizen that posts on it (except the 8 people on my ignore list).

On 09/05/2021 at 01:18, The_Kincardine said:

Tanquery 10 - not the basic - is the gin of choice down Amersham way.

Tanquery 10 is a very good premium gin option, but there is plenty of choice on that front. I would generally go with Harris Gin if I was having a drop, though looking at the bevvy shelf I think both could do with topping up.

Bog standard Tanquery is the best of the cheap stuff, by a considerable distance.

Bog standard Tanquery is the best of the cheap stuff, by a considerable distance.

Is it not just Gordon's with a slightly different blend of botanicals? They're both made by the same folk in the same place for the mass market. Same water, same base spirit, surely there's no difference in actual quality?

8 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

Is it not just Gordon's with a slightly different blend of botanicals? They're both made by the same folk in the same place for the mass market. Same water, same base spirit, surely there's no difference in actual quality?

Both made by Diageo but I think one is distilled longer than the other. I think Tanquery is 5 or 6% stronger later as well. Always found that Gordon’s would stick in my throat a bit after 3 or 4, whereas Tanquery I could drink all night and still find it as refreshing.