Missing In Action

1 minute ago, Day of the Lords said:

The Covid thread is mental and frankly should be fired into the fucking sun. The original Heads Gone thread was launched for a lot less imo.

The self-appointment and coining of the term “Main Players” is reason enough alone.

6 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

The Covid thread is mental and frankly should be fired into the fucking sun. The original Heads Gone thread was launched for a lot less imo.

Think of it as a holding pen that prevents other parts of the Forum being infected by the main players lunacy & you will start to appreciate it being there, it is the General Nonsense equivalent of the Juniors Sub Forum.

Edited by Moomintroll

1 hour ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Good God no I can't think of anything worse than spending half my life arguing about covid on a football forum. Just drop in to see folk flouncing off in a huff because no one's agreeing with their "reasoned debate", which is very funny 

Any yet you also take the huff and complain of any banter in the football threads. Or would you prefer reasoned debate on the  football threads, which would be rather novel when two fans can't agree on shit. 

Seems to me the moaners are indeed the sensitive huffy mentalists who hate being wrong and can't handle the banter. 

Irony overload. 

1 minute ago, BlueBear said:

Any yet you also take the huff and complain of any banter in the football threads. Or would you prefer reasoned debate on the  football threads, which would be rather novel when two fans can't agree on shit. 

Seems to me the moaners are indeed the sensitive huffy mentalists who hate being wrong and can't handle the banter. 

Irony overload. 

Sorry what are you talking about?

12 hours ago, parsforlife said:

He’s made a few posts about not posting for a while,  which is why I guess he’s changed his username.

He’s taken a break from posting before.   I hope to see him back and hopefully he’s in a good place currently.

My mind went to prams.

22 minutes ago, BlueBear said:

Irony overload. 

There is a difference between banter & being a lying troll. I would not expect you to be able to differentiate between those so your post comes as no surprise to me.

2 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

The Main Players chat and the piss it boils is great patter. Still has me in stitches.

I believe the term was first coined by Granny Danger as a pejorative. Good to see it reclaimed and put to good use.

8 hours ago, TheJTS98 said:

The covid thread is an interesting study in how internet posting works.

A small number of posters have echo-chambered the place into making only their views acceptable and aggressively pile onto anyone on the thread who steps out of line, regardless of reasoning or expertise or experience.

Yet those posters are in no way representative of the country at all. Look at the polling this week. They have turned that thread into their own little world completely removed from reality.

And the constant posting of Tweets that either back up their view or laughably extreme versions of people who disagree with them is classic 21st century. They pretend that reasoned and nuanced disagreement doesn't exist. Either you are one of them or you are stupid/evil.

It's the internet in a nutshell. Twitter is a poisonous thing.

Why do people keep on acting surprised that this place has plenty of echo chambers, one look at the politics section and anything Rangers related and it is blindingly obvious. The forum police have just found a new playground. 

19 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Yes, and there was someone who used to do that if someone changed. It's why @RandomGuy. and @The Grass Is Greener. have dots after their names and aren't @RandomGuy or @theg... well, I suppose TGIG could change his now.

I honestly can’t remember who used to do that, think it was a Falkirk fan. Harmless anyway I suppose.

8 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

I believe the term was first coined by Granny Danger as a pejorative. Good to see it reclaimed and put to good use.

Nope, it was a self appointed title.  Probably Bairnardo, he seems that type that requires affirmation from his peers.

Nope, it was a self appointed title.  Probably Bairnardo, he seems that type that requires affirmation from his peers.
Aww look.... Danger holding a grudge from getting pulled up for some terrible posting.

Take it on the chin

• 2 weeks later...