Missing In Action

1 hour ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

I'd become quite pally with NTP over 2020/21 and met him once irl for some pints in December 21 when he was up. I missed all of the initial "drama" and it was deleted by the time I next went on that thread so only saw it in, I think, the HG thread a few days later. I was a bit weirded out tbh, it was the first time I'd really made a pal from the internet and made me realise you don't really know anyone that well that you primarily interact with online. Contributed to me not posting on here nearly as much (great news for everyone else) 

Think it's very strange for folk with no knowledge of the situation whatsoever to have jumped in two footed about things being made up because they liked the poster. Like none of us know for sure but leaving the forum so quickly (and I've never heard from him separately since) is a bit suspicious. FWIW, I don't know that I ever knew his surname but his first name was definitely the same as the person about whom the accusations were being made 

I don't know if you're referring to me but I never claimed that the allegations were false, just that I wasn't going to take years old screenshots of anonymous accusations from what looked like one or more ex-girlfriends as gospel. The fact that he left the forum pretty well immediately could be taken to confirm the allegations, or it could just mean he didn't want his private life dredged up in public. Given that he never said anything to contradict the allegations before leaving would make you think the accusations were probably justified, at least in part.

16 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I don't know if you're referring to me but I never claimed that the allegations were false, just that I wasn't going to take years old screenshots of anonymous accusations from what looked like one or more ex-girlfriends as gospel. The fact that he left the forum pretty well immediately could be taken to confirm the allegations, or it could just mean he didn't want his private life dredged up in public. Given that he never said anything to contradict the allegations before leaving would make you think the accusations were probably justified, at least in part.

I was talking generally, I can't remember who but there were a couple of people I think were very vociferous about it and I don't think you were one of them.

2 hours ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

I'd become quite pally with NTP over 2020/21 and met him once irl for some pints in December 21 when he was up. I missed all of the initial "drama" and it was deleted by the time I next went on that thread so only saw it in, I think, the HG thread a few days later. I was a bit weirded out tbh, it was the first time I'd really made a pal from the internet and made me realise you don't really know anyone that well that you primarily interact with online. Contributed to me not posting on here nearly as much (great news for everyone else) 

Think it's very strange for folk with no knowledge of the situation whatsoever to have jumped in two footed about things being made up because they liked the poster. Like none of us know for sure but leaving the forum so quickly (and I've never heard from him separately since) is a bit suspicious. FWIW, I don't know that I ever knew his surname but his first name was definitely the same as the person about whom the accusations were being made 

I guess we all present a version of ourselves in terms of posting but that's true of how people behave in person as well.  I have known people who presented themselves one way and actually behaved in a completely different manner in different situations.  

I don't blame you for being weirded out though, not that you have anything to feel bad or guilty about. 

Just now, ICTChris said:

I guess we all present a version of ourselves in terms of posting but that's true of how people behave in person as well.  I have known people who presented themselves one way and actually behaved in a completely different manner in different situations.  

I don't blame you for being weirded out though, not that you have anything to feel bad or guilty about. 

Quite right.

I'm dull as hell online but in real life it's all...oh.

• 1 month later...

@Granny Danger is conspicuous by his absence this last month or so and ordinarily, especially given the news this week, he would've been active on here.

So worried am I that I'm prepared to assume the responsibility to check on his welfare. In order to do so I can tour the Canary Islands over the next month or so. I'm willing to accept contributions from fellow posters and to this end cheques, postal orders, luncheon vouchers etc are all welcome.

3 minutes ago, sophia said:

@Granny Danger is conspicuous by his absence this last month or so and ordinarily, especially given the news this week, he would've been active on here.

So worried am I that I'm prepared to assume the responsibility to check on his welfare. In order to do so I can tour the Canary Islands over the next month or so. I'm willing to accept contributions from fellow posters and to this end cheques, postal orders, luncheon vouchers etc are all welcome.

Just don't bring him back.

I've been ill, and busy. Being busy when you're ill is a bit shite IMO. Straight back with the controversial opinions.

Hope Methuselah and John Lambie's Yer Da have been busy or ill, and not the alternative. Best wishes.

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

I've been ill, and busy. Being busy when you're ill is a bit shite IMO. Straight back with the controversial opinions.

Hope Methuselah and John Lambie's Yer Da have been busy or ill, and not the alternative. Best wishes.

Don't worry about @John Lambies Doos , he'll be flashing his fancy Irish passport to all and sundry around Montmartre no doubt, the slag. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Bumpety bump....

2 hours ago, Deefox said:

FAO Fifespud and Johnnydun especially,who mentioned Deeman not having posted recently. I’m his long suffering old man and can tell you he is safe and well in Perth, Australia, but is the same loony he always was, but became pissed off at the number of posts on here laced with negativity and decided to call it a day, rather than fall out with the posters concerned.

I,ve only posted on here once before, when I was in shock during Mr McCanns tenure when we were beaten at home by Ayr United, went home with the right hump and posted a negative loaded rant influenced by more than a few Glenmorangies. Deeman aka my third eldest didn’t talk to me for weeks! Although the tactics, team selection and substitutions that day were a joke to my way of thinking,he thought my negativity was wrong.

He came home February for a three week holiday, but didnt realise he needed a visa to get back into Aussie even with dual citizenship, and ended up being here for seven weeks waiting for his visa being processed. He loved it, never missed a game, the last one being our 7-0 win against Accies.

To those who don’t know Deeman nothing I have mentioned might seem unusual but he, like his two younger brothers were born in Bellshill Lanarkshire and were brought up in Blantyre after I left Lochee to live there. They all have West Coast accents and I do too, having lived in Lanarkshire 51 years and it’s not unusual for us to be questioned on our allegiance by Dee fans. Believe me, there are not many diehards of DFC in this neck of the woods but there are about twenty who are regulars home and away which surprises a lot of people. I first went to Dens Park when I was 6 years old and am now 79. My three youngest boys all went from the same age sorrounded by mates who were Gers or Tics. Caused a few probs but they overcame it to become diehard Dees. We travel home and away,went to Perugia as a family, two sons went to Albania, and now Deeman watches crap like Mandurah in Oz with our old number 9 playing for them. Not like the good old days in the 60s and 70s I will never forget.

I’m Dundee born, Dundee bred, and when I die I’ll be Dundee dead.

Mon the Dees

On 13/01/2023 at 15:12, scottsdad said:

Quite right.

I'm dull as hell online but in real life it's all...oh.

I'm the same.  In real life I am an international crimebuster exposed to exciting hijinx on an almost daily basis.

However when I have a quiet moment, I go here to post some pretty ordinary stuff.

5 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Bumpety bump....

Glad to see this. Dee man is a good sort. I do hope the negativity happened on the Dundee threads and he didn't take offence at the relentless accusations of him being a prolific murderer of prostitutes......