Missing In Action

Really sorry to hear about Oaksoft.

He was one of the few people I could relate to, albeit he and I didn’t agree much on politics.

He was quite left leaning.

He did a great job on Covid and very much supported freedom of the individual against the lockdown policies of both the SNP and UK governments. 
All that’s going to be left on here are the SNP, left wing, woke fan boys which is sad really but there it is.

Ill probably just stick to the Football Forums, if at all, as there isn’t much room for dissent from the perceived norm.

27 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

He was one of the few people I could relate to, albeit he and I didn’t agree much on politics.

He did a great job on Covid and very much supported freedom of the individual against the lockdown policies of both the SNP and UK governments. 
All that’s going to be left on here are the SNP, left wing, woke fan boys which is sad really but there it is.

Ill probably just stick to the Football Forums, if at all, as there isn’t much room for dissent from the perceived norm.

That's Tory talk

42 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Marvellous. Don’t let the door hit your arse on the way out. 

1 hour ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Well it is a football forum, and there any amount of topics.

I have been contributing to the politics forum less and less, it's pointless.

Plenty of good topics on the GN forum, too.

2 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

You only arrived at the politics forum because the Falkirk thread wanted you to take your daftness somewhere else.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

You only arrived at the politics forum because the Falkirk thread wanted you to take your daftness somewhere else.

I think you’ll find my ‘daftness’ will prove to be correct in the end.

The football people were idiots and would have been quite at home in China.

Anyway, I have no issues with you. 
Courteous and fair.

2 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I think you’ll find my ‘daftness’ will prove to be correct in the end.

The football people were idiots and would have been quite at home in China.

Anyway, I have no issues with you. 
Courteous and fair.

I have a certain amount of respect for posters who are consistent with their ideology, however daft. Oaksoft would change his at will if he thought a new position would annoy people more. He was at it.

On 19/12/2022 at 20:57, welshbairn said:

I have a certain amount of respect for posters who are consistent with their ideology, however daft. Oaksoft would change his at will if he thought a new position would annoy people more. He was at it.

To me, that defines someone as a bit of a twat.  Some way from being a c*nt.

If someone is being banned for some trumped up reason that really comes down to twattishness,

I'm not really OK with that.

I didn't mind Oaky tbh though I perhaps didn't run into him as much as others. Plenty of flip flopping and persona repackaging, I don't think I saw the recent stuff which has resulted in the banhammer. 

Hope he and Reynard are having fun in the big St Mirren fan ban in the sky.

oaksoft's main contribution to the forum was absolutely ruining threads. He seemed to mature out of not using the multi-quote and posting five times in a row, but he just posted about everything as contrarily as possible. Anything he'd post about was argued to its tiniest detail and he had to be right, all the time. Threads were absolutely ruined in the process. Worried about your energy prices and want to find or share worthwhile advice? oaksoft's posting endlessly belittling anyone who's not wrapped up like they're trekking to the North Pole, or anyone disagreeing with any aspect of anything he's saying. Same goes for the strikes thread where you might have some concerns about the way things are but no, here are some screeds and some cry laughing emojis if you don't think what he thinks.

The fact he claimed to be retired and happy to be without human interaction probably says a lot. He's not gone because people disagreed with the things he said, he's gone because it was impossible to actually have a viable message board if you disagreed with him, because he wouldn't let anything go. The fact that historically the opinions he held seemed completely fluid had no bearing on how vociferously he'd argue them. I don't think he was capable of letting things go and I'm not going to speculate on why that is, but it's not something that anyone should mourn.

Edited by Miguel Sanchez

Oaksoft spent his final few months on the forum having an extended heads gone about trans people and 'trans cultists'. Appreciate a lot of folk might not have seen this as he kept it mainly to the gender debate thread. Not sure if that was what got him banned, but he'd certainly been building up to saying something bannable on the subject for a while.

If a poster had been regularly ranting and raving about, for example, 'gay cultists' they would have been quite rightly binned, so I really don't think he can have many complaints.

You can say he was just doing it for attention rather than because he actually believed it, but I would say spewing transphobic rhetoric makes you a c**t regardless of your motivations.

4 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

oaksoft's main contribution to the forum was absolutely ruining threads. He seemed to mature out of not using the multi-quote and posting five times in a row, but he just posted about everything as contrarily as possible. Anything he'd post about was argued to its tiniest detail and he had to be right, all the time. Threads were absolutely ruined in the process. Worried about your energy prices and want to find or share worthwhile advice? oaksoft's posting endlessly belittling anyone who's not wrapped up like they're trekking to the North Pole, or anyone disagreeing with any aspect of anything he's saying. Same goes for the strikes thread where you might have some concerns about the way things are but no, here are some screeds and some cry laughing emojis if you don't think what he thinks.

The fact he claimed to be retired and happy to be without human interaction probably says a lot. He's not gone because people disagreed with the things he said, he's gone because it was impossible to actually have a viable message board if you disagreed with him, because he wouldn't let anything go. The fact the historically the opinions he held seemed completely fluid had no bearing on how vociferously he'd argue them. I don't think he was capable of letting things go and I'm not going to speculate on why that is, but it's not something that anyone should mourn.

In summary, he was a Twat and a Troll. Not a great combo

Edited by Cosmic Joe