Missing In Action

13 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

...so maybe there is something to the old trope about the eyes being too close together after all @LongTimeLurker.

Great to hear that you have recovered now and have you back on the board again. Is the problem with that one not that both sides claim it about the other lot? For whatever reason (relatively recent Irish Gael ancestors from Donegal who saw the light/took the bowl of soup, delete as appropriate) I usually fail to register on the onboard prod-o-meter that almost all Ulster and some Scottish folk of both persuasions have leading to no end of awkward social situations when I finally have to say "well actually..." or none too subtle questioning to facilitate the process of pigeonholing as friend or foe.  

40 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Great to hear that you have recovered now and have you back on the board again. Is the problem with that one not that both sides claim it about the other lot? For whatever reason (relatively recent Irish Gael ancestors from Donegal who saw the light/took the bowl of soup, delete as appropriate) I usually fail to register on the onboard prod-o-meter that almost all Ulster and some Scottish folk of both persuasions have leading to no end of awkward social situations when I finally have to say "well actually..." or none too subtle questioning to facilitate the process of pigeonholing as friend or foe.  

I know what you mean but I only related that anectode* because it actually happened. Quite frankly when you're lying in hospital wired up to various devices you don't give a damn who's looking after you.

* anecdote :lol:

Edited by Jacksgranda
Sleppnig

This has taken a lot out of my wife, too, I think she needs to recover nearly as much as I do. I was oblivious to what was going on in the initial stages whereas she knew I was very seriously ill and had all the worry and had to give permission for procedures etc as I was out of it.

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

This has taken a lot out of my wife, too, I think she needs to recover nearly as much as I do. I was oblivious to what was going on in the initial stages whereas she knew I was very seriously ill and had all the worry and had to give permission for procedures etc as I was out of it.

You're not still on about this are you? This needs to be the last day of mollycoddling you.

Assert yourself, send her to the bookies or something.

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

Sounds like the start of a cruise fundraiser 😂.  Glad your OK and good to see you back posting.  Sounds like you had quite the experience although I didn't really read anything the would have stopped you from being able to post tbh.  Priorities. 🤔