Missing In Action

1 hour ago, johnnydun said:

That is correct, although he could not pay it all back as DeeDee passed away. 

I did not put any money into this as my wife gave me this sound advice;

"Are you f**k handing over any money to some random on the Internet".

Have you got the film rights? 

24 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Probably just passed me by but whatever happened to @GordonS ? I recall he received a short ban at the same time @SANTAN was punted for good but came back. 

I think he got involved in a few heated arguments maybe decided not to post as much.

5 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Corruption is so endemic it takes place in almost every transaction. It seems to be the same on Pie and Bovril..

Tell you what, I'll prove to the world that there is good on this forum.  All I needs is for everybody to donate £10 each so that I can send it back to them, thus showing there's somebody they can trust. 

Crowdfunding seems to be the American replacement for a healthcare system if you're on a low income.

"Need 300K to stop my toddler from dying horribly. Wil do whatever you like with a banana for 6K. See the stretch goals for other objects."

What a country.

8 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

My mate worked in Nigeria for years and said it is cultural to con others and to expect that others will do the same. Corruption is so endemic it takes place in almost every transaction.

It seems to be the same on Pie and Bovril.

For other tips, PM me your bank details to subscribe to my blog.

Nothing better than getting a gun shoved in yer face at port Harcourt airport as a welcome to Nigeria

6 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Crowdfunding seems to be the American replacement for a healthcare system if you're on a low income.

"Need 300K to stop my toddler from dying horribly. Wil do whatever you like with a banana for 6K. See the stretch goals for other objects."

What a country.

Until a few months ago, I would have scoffed at that statement...but now I have seen a “friend” In action with four separate fund me type appeals, total Con! Shocking...raised thousands.

You're all cynical c***s imo. Bambino was obviously in a bit of serious bother and a few posters helped him out. Bit embarrassing for him obviously, so I don't see anything sinister in him not coming back to say "Hi! Me again!". 

Edited by welshbairn

7 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Until a few months ago, I would have scoffed at that statement...but now I have seen a “friend” In action with four separate fund me type appeals, total Con! Shocking...raised thousands.

Did they at least eat the banana?

Just now, welshbairn said:

You're all cynical c***s imo. Bambino was obviously in a bit of serious bother and a few posters helped him out. Bit embarrassing for him obviously, so I don't see anything sinister in him not coming back to say "Hi!". 

I couldn't give a f**k either way TBH. If he really needed help, he got it. If he was at it, he's hardly robbed me of my life savings.

There will always be folk who swear blind that beggars all go home in BMWs. Bit weird they're always desperate to convince other folk, though.

2 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Let's be honest here, if or when we pop our clogs, have we placed instructions with our other half to inform the General Nonsense Forum of our demise? 

The actions of a mad(wo)man. After they discovered the Irritating Partners thread, they'd spend some time posting awful stuff under your account as revenge.

This is obviously less of a worry for those of us who post awful stuff anyway.

When finalising my will I inserted a clause about signing off on here when I die. My solicitor will post a prepared statement on my behalf and John Hughes will be voted for in every 'Next Manager of..' thread until such time as Yogi has faded from public consciousness.

Edited by Barry Ferguson's Hat

12 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Let's be honest here, if or when we pop our clogs, have we placed instructions with our other half to inform the General Nonsense Forum of our demise? 

Dear P&B that's Joe buried now, 3 smacks on the back of the heid it took, but he's at peace now.

After a respectable period of mourning I may take a holiday, so on Saturday I'm of to Torremolinos with the girls and I'm not coming back until I have an STD.

Yours, Joe's missus.