Missing In Action

1 hour ago, jamamafegan said:

You can’t just be changing your username willy nilly. It’s not on.

1 hour ago, Silverton End said:

These name changers usually have something to hide tbh 

Well, I did, and I've nothing to hide.

Yours,

Willy Nilly.

4 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Just went to tag DA Baracus and discovered that his account seemed to have disappeared. He's now going under the name of @Out of office.

What's the deal, chap?

He’s made a few posts about not posting for a while,  which is why I guess he’s changed his username.

He’s taken a break from posting before.   I hope to see him back and hopefully he’s in a good place currently.

14 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Just went to tag DA Baracus and discovered that his account seemed to have disappeared. He's now going under the name of @Out of office.

What's the deal, chap?

He's still posting on football threads, just taking a break from General Nonsense looks like. Having dipped my toes in the Corona thread a few times since coming back from my sabbatical, sounds like a wise move.

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

He’s made a few posts about not posting for a while,  which is why I guess he’s changed his username.

He’s taken a break from posting before.   I hope to see him back and hopefully he’s in a good place currently.

I thought for a minute Tam Cowan had sent the boys round "to have a word" with DA...

2 hours ago, MuckleMoo said:

The Covid thread is absolute poison now. There was a time that it was genuinely helpful and supportive, now it's just an echo chamber for the same six or seven posters who post the exact same shit day in and day out.

It's a shame. You have posters with direct and current experience of working with covid patients in hospital and the effect it has on other people needing treatment , and they get screamed at for being bedwetting lovejoys who don't know what they're talking about. So of course they don't post so often.

Guest TheJTS98

The covid thread is an interesting study in how internet posting works.

A small number of posters have echo-chambered the place into making only their views acceptable and aggressively pile onto anyone on the thread who steps out of line, regardless of reasoning or expertise or experience.

Yet those posters are in no way representative of the country at all. Look at the polling this week. They have turned that thread into their own little world completely removed from reality.

And the constant posting of Tweets that either back up their view or laughably extreme versions of people who disagree with them is classic 21st century. They pretend that reasoned and nuanced disagreement doesn't exist. Either you are one of them or you are stupid/evil.

It's the internet in a nutshell. Twitter is a poisonous thing.

Edited by TheJTS98

5 hours ago, TheJTS98 said:

The covid thread is an interesting study in how internet posting works.

A small number of posters have echo-chambered the place into making only their views acceptable and aggressively pile onto anyone on the thread who steps out of line, regardless of reasoning or expertise or experience.

Yet those posters are in no way representative of the country at all. Look at the polling this week. They have turned that thread into their own little world completely removed from reality.

And the constant posting of Tweets that either back up their view or laughably extreme versions of people who disagree with them is classic 21st century. They pretend that reasoned and nuanced disagreement doesn't exist. Either you are one of them or you are stupid/evil.

It's the internet in a nutshell. Twitter is a poisonous thing.

There's a whole sub-forum that predated the Covid thread where this behaviour is the norm.

7 hours ago, welshbairn said:

It's a shame. You have posters with direct and current experience of working with covid patients in hospital and the effect it has on other people needing treatment , and they get screamed at for being bedwetting lovejoys who don't know what they're talking about. So of course they don't post so often.

Aye but it's all the school teachers fault.

The covid thread is the last extant thread of c.mid 2020 pie and Bovril, in that it features a lot of folk who think they're sensible posters grandstanding, essentially calling other people disabled or approving of such comments, and then claiming they're being bullied. It's great. 

Seriously though there's some folk who need to take some time off in that thread

5 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

The covid thread is the last extant thread of c.mid 2020 pie and Bovril, in that it features a lot of folk who think they're sensible posters grandstanding, essentially calling other people disabled or approving of such comments, and then claiming they're being bullied. It's great. 

Seriously though there's some folk who need to take some time off in that thread

^^^Not one of the Main Players

Just now, Mark Connolly said:

^^^Not one of the Main Players

Good God no I can't think of anything worse than spending half my life arguing about covid on a football forum. Just drop in to see folk flouncing off in a huff because no one's agreeing with their "reasoned debate", which is very funny 

5 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Good God no I can't think of anything worse than spending half my life arguing about covid on a football forum. Just drop in to see folk flouncing off in a huff because no one's agreeing with their "reasoned debate", which is very funny 

Or crying about coloured circles