ELGIN City vs EDINBURGH City

FINALLY! .....The football has returned, and we're back with a cracker of a game at BB as two of the top sides in the division meet on Saturday.

Both teams will want, and feel they are good enough, to get the second place finish behind big spending Queen$ Park.

After such a long time out of action will fitness play a part in deciding this one, or will it be some great goals for us to watch on our streams?

Anyway, Fantastic for our league to be back and a game for us to actually care about!

Won't see this one unfortunately but there will be plenty of games to catch over the next six weeks or so.

Looks like we're bringing Craig Brown, grandson of the former Scotland manager, on loan from Stirling Uni. Gav says he can play across the midfield and in a more advanced role. I think we've had better first XIs over the years but can't think of a time we've had so many midfield options.

14 hours ago, Tenkay said:

FINALLY! .....The football has returned, and we're back with a cracker of a game at BB as two of the top sides in the division meet on Saturday.

Both teams will want, and feel they are good enough, to get the second place finish behind big spending Queen$ Park.

After such a long time out of action will fitness play a part in deciding this one, or will it be some great goals for us to watch on our streams?

Anyway, Fantastic for our league to be back and a game for us to actually care about!

"Queen$ Park"? It's Qu££ns Park! 

Anyway new manager with a decent pedigree bringing in new ideas.  Probably 4-0 to Elgin then. 

39 minutes ago, afca32 said:

Won't see this one unfortunately but there will be plenty of games to catch over the next six weeks or so.

Looks like we're bringing Craig Brown, grandson of the former Scotland manager, on loan from Stirling Uni. Gav says he can play across the midfield and in a more advanced role. I think we've had better first XIs over the years but can't think of a time we've had so many midfield options.

Agree with you. Possibly just beefing up the player pool to try and cope with the demands of the next 6 weeks!

Agree Edinburgh were well worth their win. Elgin were dire in the first half and huffed and puffed in the second with little creativity. I said at the start of the season I thought Elgin would finish 6th or 7th and I have not changed my mind. I hope I am wrong but I fear we have made too many average signings which will not improve the team.

edinburgh looked like they wanted the game more in the first half we were doing a fair bit of just hoofing up the park and the wind didnt help that either second half play was a bit better but not much chances created towards goal

2 hours ago, calmac25 said:
7 hours ago, Thom & Gerry said:
Good win for Edinburgh which I think they thoroughly merited.
All weather pitches , fill size and 2x5s. It’s a Community project.

What's the 2nd part of your post about?

Thom & Gerry was answering my question about what was being built behind the goals at Borough Briggs.