St Johnstone v Ross County 20/3/21

You wonder if changing the shape to a back four even enters the managers head?

That sounds harsher than I mean, I'm just genuinely curious in what situation he would change to it.

Edited by RandomGuy.

1 hour ago, frankthetank22 said:

Have you watched our first half performances in our last couple of games, we've been lucky that the ineptitude of our opponents and some great saves by Laidlaw have kept us in games so we can make 4 or 5 subs totally change the team structure and have a go in the second half. 

Our good results (as welcomed as they are) have masked some terrible selections & performances imo.

Fair enough. I agree we’ve been poor at times. For you, how poor we’ve been a times is enough for you to define us that way and predict a comfortable win for the opposition -  I fully respect that. For me, we’ve been poor at times (awful even), but a combination of factors (including at times being less poor within the 90 that a game lasts) mean we have still been picking up 1.5 points per game, which in all honesty is good enough for me at this point of this season, and I wouldn’t be at all confident of predicting which way any given game would go between now and the end of the season!

I don't understand how this is still 0-0. St. Johnstone have been by far the better side.

Edited by Comrie

1 minute ago, FrankChickens1 said:

If we draw this I think we are just going to half arse the rest of the season and kill off the feel-good elements of CD's management completely.

Fingers crossed we get 3 away games after the split. Our home form is abysmal, with the goal record genuinely embarrassing. 

Just now, FrankChickens1 said:

If we draw this I think we are just going to half arse the rest of the season and kill off the feel-good elements of CD's management completely.

Yes cos a few draws and defeats post split will completely overshadow the winning of the second major trophy in our history.

1 minute ago, Comrie said:

I don't understand how this is still 0-0. St. Johnstone have been by far the better side.

That’s been true for almost every game under Hughes. For some reason, he’s been able to fix things.

2 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Yes cos a few draws and defeats post split will completely overshadow the winning of the second major trophy in our history.

I'm not saying it would make him be a bad manager.

I think 5 post-split defeats with nothing to play for would change the view of saints in the existing players and in potential signings.

A win over Livingston in the 2nd rate cup would seem long ago by then...

...but we haven't drawn anyway (yet)

Edited by FrankChickens1