St Johnstone v Ross County 20/3/21

Possession: 76% - 14%

Shots: 12 - 1

xG: 2.3 - 0.4

Scoreline: 0-1

Keith Watson from 30 yards, that deflects in off a seagull.

When was the last time we beat County? Seems like seasons ago.

Apparently it’s this game just over three years ago, which I have absolutely no recollection of.

Worth watching just to see some peak shithousing from our assistant manager to get Craig Curran sent off

Two really underrated goals in that game too - lovely move for the first and some comedy for the second.

Agree with RG - Saints to dominate, fail to score and County to net an absolutely ridiculous fluke from a non-chance for a 1-0 win.

5 hours ago, Zamora Fan said:

Apparently it’s this game just over three years ago, which I have absolutely no recollection of.

Worth watching just to see some peak shithousing from our assistant manager to get Craig Curran sent off

I remember that game, we played like shite and got what we deserved. I stormed off in a seething drunken rage when Curran got sent off.

On one hand, you think that if we play well, we will surely, finally get our rewards against this lot. On the other hand, you feel we are due a poor performance against them when we create nothing. And on the third hand, it would be just typical if we play really poorly but win. 

Unless the bonuses are structured differently, I suspect the chairman might not be too fussed about the top six but the win would be important for keeping that cushion at the bottom. 

I think the team probably picks itself, maybe for the first time this season.

What really are the benefits of top 6 this season? European football for when fans get back in? Think that's about it, if you can make it. As Radford says any monetary gain is then offset on player bonuses and with no fans being in there really is f**k all to be excited about.

Suppose it would be worth a two minute giggle if we kept the best St Mirren side in 3 generations in the bottom six but tbh you can only laugh so much at those sorts of clubs.

2 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Suppose it would be worth a two minute giggle if we kept the best St Mirren side in 3 generations in the bottom six but tbh you can only laugh so much at those sorts of clubs.

This. It would be brilliant on here.

You'd also, hopefully, get the freedom to play a few fringe players (Brown/Gilmour/Ferguson) to see if they're worthwhile keeping around next season or if they should go/get loaned out. 

Guess we could do that in the bottom half against everyone but Killie though.

11 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

What really are the benefits of top 6 this season? European football for when fans get back in? Think that's about it, if you can make it. As Radford says any monetary gain is then offset on player bonuses and with no fans being in there really is f**k all to be excited about.

Randy just beat me to it It would remove the prospect (However remote that now is) of relegation and let Gilmour etc game time 

Good grief. I was buzzing for the match until I read this thread.

Top six would be wonderful. Would be great to at least equal last season’s finish and potentially aim to improve upon it by finishing 5th and qualifying for Europe. Steve Brown’s budgetary qualms don’t concern me.

2 hours ago, Radford said:

On one hand, you think that if we play well, we will surely, finally get our rewards against this lot. On the other hand, you feel we are due a poor performance against them when we create nothing. And on the third hand, it would be just typical if we play really poorly but win. 

Unless the bonuses are structured differently, I suspect the chairman might not be too fussed about the top six but the win would be important for keeping that cushion at the bottom. 

I think the team probably picks itself, maybe for the first time this season.

I think we've swapped roles on the relegation front, it's usually me pissing my frillies at the prospect but we're 11 and 12 points clear of the bottom 2 with only 18 points left to play for. If we fail to make top 6 then the league games are effectively dead rubbers for us from here until the end of the season, their only use being to keep players fit to complete the domestic cup double.

I think there's an argument that we should've picked up more points in each match against Ross County over the course of the last 2 seasons. Drawn where we should've won, lost where we should've at least drawn. We really need to end that hex this weekend. 

8 hours ago, Zamora Fan said:

IIRC I was in the bar at the stadium before this one and there was a guy with the worst half St Johnstone / half Sunderland strip on 🤮

8 hours ago, Zamora Fan said:

Ross Draper inexplicably dropped and so Murray Davidson got the freedom of the park. Jim O'Brien utterly phoned it in and Greg Tansey couldn't move. The worst I've seen County play since Willie McStay couldn't buy a goal against Stirling or Cowdenbeath. What a diddy Owen Coyle was.

Strangely, even though our recent record is good against Perth, I have convinced myself that we've not beaten them in years. And they've still got Jason Scotland and Kevin James lining up for them.

I'll be quite happy to see us match whatever Accies and Killie do until the end of the season. We'll lose this.