Dastardly Dangerous Dunfermline -vs- Intelligent Iconic Inverness

1 hour ago, Snafu said:

Hard to believe we are now only 3 points and 4 goals off 2nd with the season we are having, with the squad we have.

There is something broken about the Championship this season, we can't be this good?

Worth mentioning that, bizarre as it seems, we have now played more games than any of the teams above us except Hearts; two more than Dunfermline, in fact. Also that the standard of the league is dogshit.

That said, I thought we were good today; superb work rate. The lack of a finisher would almost certainly cost us if we did make the playoffs, but at least there has been a real purpose about the team in the last three games.  

2 hours ago, alternative maryhill said:

That said, I thought we were good today; superb work rate. The lack of a finisher would almost certainly cost us if we did make the playoffs, but at least there has been a real purpose about the team in the last three games.  

Agreed about the performance today. Thought we were good and by far the better team. Was surprised with how comfortable we were and how little Dunfermline threatened.

We really do miss a stupid amount of clear cut chances, especially over the last few games. Todorov, Sutherland and Storey (or more like 2 out of the 3 of them) would be great back up to have behind a guy would who bang in 15 goals a season but expecting one of them to score on a regular basis just isn’t going to happen. I should add I know that trying to bring in a 15 goal a season striker in the championship with our budget is pretty much impossible.

4 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

Agreed about the performance today. Thought we were good and by far the better team. Was surprised with how comfortable we were and how little Dunfermline threatened.

We really do miss a stupid amount of clear cut chances, especially over the last few games. Todorov, Sutherland and Storey (or more like 2 out of the 3 of them) would be great back up to have behind a guy would who bang in 15 goals a season but expecting one of them to score on a regular basis just isn’t going to happen. I should add I know that trying to bring in a 15 goal a season striker in the championship with our budget is pretty much impossible.

We tried to get Billy McKay back on loan according to John Hughes. A player who starts for a club in the league above us. I’m not quite sure how we thought we were ever going to get him.

3 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

We tried to get Billy McKay back on loan according to John Hughes. A player who starts for a club in the league above us. I’m not quite sure how we thought we were ever going to get him.

That would have been a cracking signing. Probably could have pulled it off if Kettlewell was still in charge as he was out of favour if I remember correctly?

2 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

That would have been a cracking signing. Probably could have pulled it off if Kettlewell was still in charge as he was out of favour if I remember correctly?

Yeah it was Ross Stewart and someone else up front. So Stewart leaving and Hughes knowing McKay was always going to get him starting every week.

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

Yeah it was Ross Stewart and someone else up front. So Stewart leaving and Hughes knowing McKay was always going to get him starting every week.

Ollie Shaw I believe it was.

If any positives are to take from that it is at least the club know it is an area we need to improve on so hopefully we can bring someone in in the summer with a half decent scoring record.

I tried to post a lengthy reply summarising my thoughts on the game today and it disappeared!

To sum up Inverness deserved the win on the back of a strong 2nd half. Pars are frustrating with their stuttering form and performances.

I understand the Turner situation wasn't necessarily something that could be rectified but it's clear that we lack a playmaking midfielder.

Announce emergency loan of....someone Pars!

If we are serious about getting back to the top flight, we’ll ditch Crawford at the end of the season. There’s not a chance on Earth we’ll go up even if we sleepwalk in to a play-off place.

This is possibly the worst Championship in my entire time supporting the Pars. If it wan’t for those jammy, scrappy home victories at the start of the season we’d be battling relegation IMO.

Crawford is good at identifying young talent, but he cannot take us to where we want to be as a manager. It’s glaringly obvious.

2 hours ago, Stoo61 said:

Was that seen as a good performance from Caley?

I’d say dominating away from home against a team above you who have played half the games you have in the same timeframe, is generally considered a good performance.

image.png.8588d5f7b3b1d6fd310790365d54bd22.png

12 hours ago, TheScarf said:

I’d say dominating away from home against a team above you who have played half the games you have in the same timeframe, is generally considered a good performance.

image.png.8588d5f7b3b1d6fd310790365d54bd22.png

There was no good performance Scarf, just a shite performance and an abysmal performance. 

1811004674_ScreenShot2021-03-22at08_08_10.png.161bc0f13fdeb0ad60fe75f60b6c47e3.png

Edited by Stoo61

14 hours ago, RiG said:

Considering the players we have out and recent performances yesterday was much improved from a couple of weeks ago.

Certainly a level above us. It was a genuine question btw. 🙂

Watching our highlights I think we were lucky to get away with only losing 1-0. The fact OFW won MoM speaks volumes. We really struggled to apply any pressure in the final third. If that was a one off I wouldn't be worried, except that has been the case for almost four months now with a few notable exceptions. 

Just watched the highlights. No idea where MacDonald was for the goal. Horrendously out of position. But that still doesn’t excuse Euan Murray’s attempt at defending. I still think if it wasn’t for him scoring a few headers early in the season, he wouldn’t have been linked with any bigger club than this. He really isn’t that great defensively, which is kind of a centre half’s main job...