Dastardly Dangerous Dunfermline -vs- Intelligent Iconic Inverness

It's shite like this which is why I keep saying Crawford should not be in charge next season. That still has to be the case.

He's just a huge shitebag as manager. We settled for a draw at home against Inverness from the 56th minute today. He's such a negative manager, and against poor teams. Why? Try being attacking for a change for f**k sake. This timid, weak, bland characterless stuff is grim to watch at time. Insipid sums it up.

4-1 vs Wee Team.

Meant to say before this season, where we have seen some sort of improvement at home but nowhere near good enough. But, aye, that was a good, solid display and we smashed them. However, the stupid defeats like today or away to Arbroath are costing us. That’s just typical Pars under Crawford, though. Erratic af.

I have no confidence in us at all to get promoted under Crawford. Season after season we’re just papering over cracks and settling for the narrative of “at least we have a club to support” in my opinion.

We never looked remotely capable of scoring today bar a couple speculative efforts from Banks and Whittaker. Brutal.

19 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Just remembered who is in charge of the Inverness team at the moment.

If we can't beat a side with such a management team then the club should fold and the stadium dismantled.

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Same as last week for us. Hard to argue against that.

41 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Aye we're all over the place this half and lucky not to be losing.

23 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Sit down Dodds you dribbling mess.

17 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

f**k off

16 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Shitebags don't deserve anything.

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

It's shite like this which is why I keep saying Crawford should not be in charge next season. That still has to be the case.

He's just a huge shitebag as manager. We settled for a draw at home against Inverness from the 56th minute today. He's such a negative manager, and against poor teams. Why? Try being attacking for a change for f**k sake. This timid, weak, bland characterless stuff is grim to watch at time. Insipid sums it up.

^^^

The law of diminishing returns writ large

Insipid boring football again.

Win, lose or draw we are consistently boring. One paced throughout the game.  No ambition to score goals. I know the aim is a play-off and we are in a strong position to do it. That's what Stevie will be judged on, but for me I just want him to go. I really can't stand this brand of cautious football. It getting to the stage that I canny be arsed  watching these games.

3 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Commence with the dismantling of the stadium!

I think, on balance, that is probably for the best.

I'd like my seat though, had some good ol' times in that seat....long ago....in the distant past. 

15 minutes ago, Stoo61 said:

I think, on balance, that is probably for the best.

I'd like my seat though, had some good ol' times in that seat....long ago....in the distant past. 

That's only fair. 

Remember the good times....

If anyone watches any of our games, it’s so easy to see why we’ve failed to score in 6 of our 9 games in 2021. It’s so boring, slow paced and predictable. I don’t understand why we have guys like Thomas, Fraser Murray and Banks, yet we play slow paced football, waiting until the opposition have ‘spare’ men in position to stop each of those players before we get the ball to them.

Our attacking players look best suited to fast paced counter attacks, but we seem to have no intention of utilising the pace they have. We’re ok defensively. Got a fairly decent defensive record. Rarely concede more than one goal. Which makes it even more frustrating/concerning knowing that scoring one goal would be enough to ensure that we avoid defeat (at the very least) most weeks. But we’re incapable of that.

We’ve scored in 3 of our 9 games in 2021 and won all 3. Managed 2 0-0 draws in those 9 and 2 1-0 defeats (2-0 defeat at Arbroath the only game where scoring a goal wouldn’t have seen us avoid defeat). It’s obvious we aren’t getting the most out of our attacking players, yet we play the same style of football every week. I don’t think we play with enough ambition/desire to win. The priority is to avoid defeat. That’s what has cost us recently. If that doesn’t change, we won’t make the promotion play offs.

John McGlynn would probably have the squad we have still challenging Hearts. Not that I want him, it’s just Crawford cannot get a team to play to its strengths whatsoever. Last season we could have been fighting relegation despite having some of the best defenders and wingers in the league, including the best striker. Madness.

John McGlynn would probably have the squad we have still challenging Hearts. Not that I want him, it’s just Crawford cannot get a team to play to its strengths whatsoever. Last season we could have been fighting relegation despite having some of the best defenders and wingers in the league, including the best striker. Madness.

Nisbet definitely made Crawford look like a better manager than he is. Without Nisbet’s individual brilliance, last season would have been just as bad as this season. We have a good recruitment set up just now, I’m impressed with the quality of player we have. But the manager/coaching team can’t seem to get them playing well/to their strengths.

3 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Nisbet definitely made Crawford look like a better manager than he is. Without Nisbet’s individual brilliance, last season would have been just as bad as this season. We have a good recruitment set up just now, I’m impressed with the quality of player we have. But the manager/coaching team can’t seem to get them playing well/to their strengths.

That came to my mind today. Nisbets quality next to McManus, O Hara, Wighton, McCann....is truly mammoth.

Thats not even a slight on those players, they are decent Championship players, if played correctly,  but Nisbet is genuine quality. 

Not to be harsh on the players we had/have, it’s just Nisbet was a 1 in a million player. Probably the best I’ve seen at EEP since, oddly enough, prime Stevie Crawford.

1 hour ago, Snafu said:

There is something broken about the Championship this season, we can't be this good?

Tell me about it, we are awful yet we're way clear.

Edited by Mr. X

It’s a 3/4 season so draws are next to useless. I saw an Arbroath fan saying they got a great result, which they did, but their further adrift in 9th. 

it’s just the nature of the shorter season. Draws can almost be treated as defeats in a lot of games. Arbroath’s result today being an example.

8 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

It’s a 3/4 season so draws are next to useless. I saw an Arbroath fan saying they got a great result, which they did, but their further adrift in 9th. 

it’s just the nature of the shorter season. Draws can almost be treated as defeats in a lot of games. Arbroath’s result today being an example.

Good post.

This makes Crawford trying to settle for the draw from the 56th minute even worse.