Jump to content
welldaft

Killie v Steelmen 20 March 3pm.

Recommended Posts

If we win on Saturday we'll be 13 points above Kilmarnock with 5 games to go. I'm normally quite cautious but even I would consider that safe. The play-off spot, that's a different matter!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

TBH i just hope we can be mathematically safe asap and then focus on the scottish cup. Its really the only thing that can redem the season

Depending on my mood, i'm currently swinging between "we're safe already" and worrying about a last day game at NDP where the loser drops into the playoffs. It's sunny today - so we're currently safe :)

On the game - we should have at least some confidence. We are playing well enough and the last game at Rugby park was a tight win (although Killie were pretty decent I thought). I'm sure the stats won't back me up but it feels like Lafferty has scored in a really high proportion of games he's played against us - so that gives me some mild fear.

I'd take a point, which I think would make it incredibly unlikely that Killie would catch us post split.

Edited by Swello

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We’ve scored more goals recently so hopefully that continues. Might stick some of my Cheltenham winnings on Decanter scoring.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/03/2021 at 18:23, alsybaba said:

In terms of the game haven't a clue. We are a hard team to predict.

Looks like you're new, so some slack is given, but this type of post is unacceptable.

Only prediction posts made with confidence of an impending disappointing defeat with the team absolutely bottling it either the full 90 or final 20 minutes, or the team blowing a 1-goal lead in the most heartbreaking fashion possible in injury time are acceptable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/03/2021 at 11:59, capt_oats said:

There's been far too much press about how everyone's playing well and that. I read 2 separate pieces today with Roberts and Crawford and tbqh "Most of the lads are fit and doing well. Everyone is raring to go for the game on Saturday." is setting us up for a fall sort of patter. There have been a few other bits and pieces along the same lines with Kelly and Cole amongst others.

All the corners have been turned type chat gives me the heavy fear tbqh.

That's usually how it goes. All the "experts" over here were saying all week how North Carolina was going to pump Wisconsin in our annual university basketball tournament that began yesterday. What happened? Wisconsin comes out and takes North Carolina to the woodshed, 85-62, and basically led from start to finish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, AmericanFan said:

That's usually how it goes. All the "experts" over here were saying all week how North Carolina was going to pump Wisconsin in our annual university basketball tournament that began yesterday. What happened? Wisconsin comes out and takes North Carolina to the woodshed, 85-62, and basically led from start to finish.

I like that! I'm more of SC Gamecocks guy myself (insert Kenneth Williams gif) 

As for today's game I've woken up optimistic again ....hoping for a win but who knows, think I'll start drinking now. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, stevieKTID said:

I like that! I'm more of SC Gamecocks guy myself (insert Kenneth Williams gif) 

As for today's game I've woken up optimistic again ....hoping for a win but who knows, think I'll start drinking now. 

 

The bookies have Killie favored, fwiw.  Win 128 if you lay 100, whereas for Well you win 221 if you lay 100.  Draw is win 225 if you lay 100.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AmericanFan said:

Looks like you're new, so some slack is given, but this type of post is unacceptable.

Only prediction posts made with confidence of an impending disappointing defeat with the team absolutely bottling it either the full 90 or final 20 minutes, or the team blowing a 1-goal lead in the most heartbreaking fashion possible in injury time are acceptable.

He gets it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ropy said:

Let’s get Killie in the woodshed 

Well we do have a few tools and blunt instruments in our squad so we'd probably fit in nicely. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, stevieKTID said:

Well we do have a few tools and blunt instruments in our squad so we'd probably fit in nicely. 

We have had planks in defence most of the season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just for information - how many do you need to win by to take the opposition to the Woodshed exactly?

I'd imagine we are actually locked in Accies' Woodshed at this point and might never get out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Swello said:

Just for information - how many do you need to win by to take the opposition to the Woodshed exactly?

I'd imagine we are actually locked in Accies' Woodshed at this point and might never get out.

For football, good question?  I guess three with plenty of possession is acceptable, but four or anything above for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Swello said:

I'd imagine we are actually locked in Accies' Woodshed at this point and might never get out.

We're more "buried under their patio" than "locked in their woodshed" 😞

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

You know you want to.
 

Here’s where the story ends 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Motherwell team line up:

Kelly, O'Donnell, Magloire, Lamie, Carroll, Maguire, Crawford, Campbell, Roberts, Watt, Cole.

Subs: Morrison, McGinley, Gallagher, Mugabi, Polworth, Cornelius, Lawless, Hastie, Long.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

20210320_135117.thumb.jpg.0f0a0145fe26772ea83dbac0cfe7629d.jpg

If we don't get pumped with Dicker, Power and Pinnock in our starting 11, Motherwell deserve to be dragged back into a relegation fight.....

Edited by C4mmy31

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TW sticks with the same players that are making the individual mistakes that he doesn't see Mon - Thu.

f**k me Tommy they're making them constantly when it counts!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...