Killie v Steelmen 20 March 3pm.

35 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

TBH i just hope we can be mathematically safe asap and then focus on the scottish cup. Its really the only thing that can redem the season

Depending on my mood, i'm currently swinging between "we're safe already" and worrying about a last day game at NDP where the loser drops into the playoffs. It's sunny today - so we're currently safe :)

On the game - we should have at least some confidence. We are playing well enough and the last game at Rugby park was a tight win (although Killie were pretty decent I thought). I'm sure the stats won't back me up but it feels like Lafferty has scored in a really high proportion of games he's played against us - so that gives me some mild fear.

I'd take a point, which I think would make it incredibly unlikely that Killie would catch us post split.

Edited by Swello

On 17/03/2021 at 18:23, alsybaba said:

In terms of the game haven't a clue. We are a hard team to predict.

Looks like you're new, so some slack is given, but this type of post is unacceptable.

Only prediction posts made with confidence of an impending disappointing defeat with the team absolutely bottling it either the full 90 or final 20 minutes, or the team blowing a 1-goal lead in the most heartbreaking fashion possible in injury time are acceptable.

On 17/03/2021 at 11:59, capt_oats said:

There's been far too much press about how everyone's playing well and that. I read 2 separate pieces today with Roberts and Crawford and tbqh "Most of the lads are fit and doing well. Everyone is raring to go for the game on Saturday." is setting us up for a fall sort of patter. There have been a few other bits and pieces along the same lines with Kelly and Cole amongst others.

All the corners have been turned type chat gives me the heavy fear tbqh.

That's usually how it goes. All the "experts" over here were saying all week how North Carolina was going to pump Wisconsin in our annual university basketball tournament that began yesterday. What happened? Wisconsin comes out and takes North Carolina to the woodshed, 85-62, and basically led from start to finish.

34 minutes ago, AmericanFan said:

That's usually how it goes. All the "experts" over here were saying all week how North Carolina was going to pump Wisconsin in our annual university basketball tournament that began yesterday. What happened? Wisconsin comes out and takes North Carolina to the woodshed, 85-62, and basically led from start to finish.

I like that! I'm more of SC Gamecocks guy myself (insert Kenneth Williams gif) 

As for today's game I've woken up optimistic again ....hoping for a win but who knows, think I'll start drinking now. 

1 minute ago, stevieKTID said:

I like that! I'm more of SC Gamecocks guy myself (insert Kenneth Williams gif) 

As for today's game I've woken up optimistic again ....hoping for a win but who knows, think I'll start drinking now. 

The bookies have Killie favored, fwiw.  Win 128 if you lay 100, whereas for Well you win 221 if you lay 100.  Draw is win 225 if you lay 100.

1 hour ago, AmericanFan said:

Looks like you're new, so some slack is given, but this type of post is unacceptable.

Only prediction posts made with confidence of an impending disappointing defeat with the team absolutely bottling it either the full 90 or final 20 minutes, or the team blowing a 1-goal lead in the most heartbreaking fashion possible in injury time are acceptable.

He gets it

Just for information - how many do you need to win by to take the opposition to the Woodshed exactly?

I'd imagine we are actually locked in Accies' Woodshed at this point and might never get out.

1 minute ago, Swello said:

Just for information - how many do you need to win by to take the opposition to the Woodshed exactly?

I'd imagine we are actually locked in Accies' Woodshed at this point and might never get out.

For football, good question?  I guess three with plenty of possession is acceptable, but four or anything above for sure.