QP VS Stranraer

I think arguably this is our toughest fixture of the second half of the campaign. Coming first after an enforced break makes it very difficult to predict. Both teams will be a little rusty but I was pleased to see that we scored goals in our friendly. More in hope than anything else I will predict 2-1 to QP. 

Hard to tell who benefits/suffers most from the lay off. So long without training maybe negates or at least reduces QP's full time advantage, but Stranraer were flying. Unbeaten in 11 since QP's win at Stair Park in October (if you count the Betfred Pens loss against Ayr as a draw) 8 wins in those 11 games. That momentum will be hard to regain.

Obviously The Spiders were unbeaten in the league in that time too, as they have been all season of course, but I'm sure they'll be fine.... after Saturday hopefully!

Right buzzing to be back in action. Watching Burnley on a Saturday has been more draining than the pandemic itself. 

I’d expect the full-timers to have better fitness, they’ve not had to train in the evening after a day job. I also think QP will have a strong finish to the season. The busy schedule is made easier with depth. Interesting to see how we get on. 

Stranraer have something to offer but I’ll stick with a QP win. 

Edited by QPSpider1867

Our last ever game at Hampden and no fucker there to see it. What a way to bow out

Absolutely no idea how this is gonna go considering there's been no proper games for nearly three months. Not expecting a great game but any win will do to stop us descending on Lesser to burn down what remains of the "building site" 

Edited by Mick1867

Hopefully a good time to get Queens Park given the lack of competitive action for both teams. 
Didn’t  think there was a great deal between the two teams in our first meeting, that  said the wind maybe played its part. 
Don’t think we can afford to start the way we did against Kelty and let the opponents decorate the play. 

Three points for the blues and there might just be a title race on. 

2 hours ago, Mattmc said:

Hopefully a good time to get Queens Park given the lack of competitive action for both teams. 

This would be exactly my thoughts if I were an opposition fan. In theory, full-time fitness should tell but I think it becomes more of a factor is squads get into a routine and get some games under the belt. We see full-time teams toil every season in the League Cup groups against part-timers when the legs aren't quite there yet.  I'm really not fussy about how we get points between now and the end of the season. Just get them on the board and hopefully get over the line.

I think we might have got lucky when the season was paused. The mental fitness of the team was seriously questioned v Edinburgh and had the night off v QoS. I’d expect Stranraer to ask similar questions. Only a lack of belief from their forwards was the difference at Stairs so it should be a good match-up. 

I hope Sal gets a start. He never gives up and his record last season is standing up well against this season’s efforts. Don’t expect a change to the 442...it protects the sluggish central defence.

2-2 to Queen’s Park. Last man out bring the flag 😔

Unfortunately no complaints about the result. We weren’t at it. 
first half we were very passive, seemed to just want to hit long balls in behind. These failed time after time.  If that was the tactic then don’t think Duffy is the answer. 
First goal was poor, one Stranraer defender left with two Queens Park players. Good looping header but, disappointed to see Fleming lobbed again. 
Second goal was a great delivery, Queens Park players were lining up to knock it in. Very hard to defend a ball like that. 

Second half we tried to play a bit more but seemed to be any time we upped the pace Queens Park did the same. 

Think the most pressure Muir was under was brought on himself or by his own defenders. Knew it would be a hard ask today but thought we might have been a bit more competitive. Tough ask after going so long without football so not too disheartened. 

Credit to Queens Park. Well worthy of their win. 

Really solid performance. Stuck the chances away, kept a clean sheet and worked extremely hard. Murray's best shift in a QP jersey for me. Was only missing a goal to cap it off. 

Pleased to sign off at Hampden with a win and have a QP player in the history books as the last scorer in a league game at the old place. An significant day in the club's history where the players did the club proud. I wish the same could be said of those in positions of authority at the club. The event was barely acknowledged and this issue is not going to go away quietly.

Edited by an86

Delighted with that, we played with a purpose and ruthlessness which I haven’t seen much from the opening 9 league games. We certainly didn’t look like a team that hadn’t played for a couple months. Strong performances all over the park but for me I was delighted to watch a much fitter version of Simon Murray. It was clear before the break that he was miles off it in terms of match fitness, however the break seems to have benefited him greatly, focusing on getting sharper and not being chucked into games so quickly. 

Positives are we are now further clear of Stranraer and Elgin and with Stirling up against Elgin next Saturday, there could be a great opportunity to hopefully extend the lead at the top, providing we win of course 

Great to have some sort of buzz again on a Saturday afternoon 

6 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

How did Sal play today? He's missed a lot of football through injury this season.

Sal was fine. Showed some nice touches but in all honesty the game was won when he came on and we were just going through our paces. I am sure he will feature well in games to come.

Sal was fine. Showed some nice touches but in all honesty the game was won when he came on and we were just going through our paces. I am sure he will feature well in games to come.
Good to hear, I was really excited by the prospect when he signed for Livi but he's had no luck at all. Do you think he'll be able to make the step up?