Buses bricked

26 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

I grew up in Perth as well and have managed to completely wipe this from my memory. Where did the bus go? Can't have been the longest bus tour going

You'd think an open-top bus in Perth would be so unusual that it would stick in your mind...

17 minutes ago, realmadrid said:

I dont remember this either

But there will be a one off run at some point in the summer sponsored by Betfred

I just checked with jamamafegan and with my mum who both confirmed it was a thing. Thought I was going mental 4A0C309C-6B26-4029-BF71-BB446AEBBF05.png.93bd6401839417f33d8430f372b40067.png

It would’ve been around the year 2000 and I think only in the summer. I’m assuming it doesn’t run anymore.

Our bus had a window bricked in just as we were leaving Aberdeen after a cup game in October 2014, heading home with a freezing wind blowing around the bus was not enjoyable in the slightest. I say that but I wouldn't know myself as I was steaming drunk and asleep on one of the seats up the back 

55 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Come on, now. This one can't pass without additional details! 

Was coming home from uni many moons ago and was resting my weary head against the window when there was a hell of a bang right beside me - nearly shat myself.  The outer glazed window panel did that thing that windscreens do and fractured right across but the inner glazing remained intact. Got hold of the guard who immediately indicated that it was an air rifle - he had the air of someone who'd seen this before. It stuck with me because the impact point was right next to my napper and almost a genuine "could have been me" moment. 

I was on a bus going through the Charleston area of Dundee a couple of years ago. Some wee arsehole threw a crutch onto the roof of the bus while it was stationary at a stop.

Many years ago at a Montrose home game, against East Fife I think, some local neds created a diversion using stolen traffic cones to lure the away fans coach into a trap and then launched a few stones at it.

Montrosians are nothing if not resourceful. 

Scariest bus moment for me was on a Greyhound from New York for Cleveland, about midnight, in a window seat, when the Hispanic guy beside me reached into his bag and pulled out a  knife.

he then reached back in and pulled out a mango, cut it up and offered me some.

2 hours ago, Cosmic Joe said:

In saying that, the worst (cough) example of brickings I remember was of Hearts buses on return from a Scottish Cup replay in Methil in 1977.

Oh I think I might remember that. I was at Aberhill Primary and the rumour was there were bits of dead Hearts supporters being swept up with the broken glass. 

26 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Oh I think I might remember that. I was at Aberhill Primary and the rumour was there were bits of dead Hearts supporters being swept up with the broken glass. 

The culprits took cover in the grassy  area near the Buck and Hynd on the way to East Wemyss. 

Not guilty. Me and my mates were trudging back to Leven at the time. 

Aberhill Primary? Do you remember a Mr Walker? 

24 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I've been in a few that windows got broken from the inside when fights broke out. One guy nearly fell out, he was hanging on by the back of his knees and fingernails before got trailled back in.

The last 88 to Harestanes on a Friday night was always entertaining

1 hour ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Aberhill Primary? Do you remember a Mr Walker? 

I struggle to remember my breakfast. I joined in P5 from Denbeath and all my teachers were women so no, I don't think I do remember a Mr Walker.

Just now, NewBornBairn said:

I struggle to remember my breakfast. I joined in P5 from Denbeath and all my teachers were women so no, I don't think I do remember a Mr Walker.

I think he might have been the headmaster

36 minutes ago, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

My school bus got done once or twice when I was a kid - one time specifically it was the window I was at so I wound up covered in broken glass but otherwise fine.

That reminds me. The protestants going to my school from Caldercruix, picked up the Catholics in Plains. The protestants got off first and quite often tanned the bus before it pulled away.