Buses bricked

Just now, SweeperDee said:

Does it really surprise you?

Not really Celtic fans were similarly raging when Dunfermline took the to extra time last season as we're waiting outside the away end. The pair of them are different breeds.

1 hour ago, paranoid android said:

This from Lothian Buses:

"All journeys across Edinburgh which are due to depart terminal points after 19.30hrs will not operate tonight as a result of escalating incidents of antisocial behaviour which are putting the safety and wellbeing of our drivers and customers at risk."

Throw the book at these c***s who've been charged. 

I think there's been quite enough throwing!

17 April 2001, Deportivo La Coruna v Leeds United, Champions League Quarter-Final second leg.

After a 3-0 win in the first leg, we clung on to 'only' lose 2-0 in Spain. Our bus back to the airport was bricked when driving along the motorway - quite disconcerting when it's at night so you didn't see it coming. I nearly lost my well-travelled flag that night too - hanging over the front of the away section, the home fans below tried to drag it down.

Lost the SF (second leg again away, and in Spain) at Valencia, so they were too busy celebrating to bother bricking us.

Stagecoach i was on was hit by a projectile thrown by kids on its way out of Glasgow and had to stop for a while to get the damage inspected. It must have been superficial because we got going again soon enough. 

I couldn't hand on heart say it was a brick though so i'm not sure i'm allowed to post it in this thread. 

Never bricked a bus myself but i threw devil bangers at a car in boulogne and got chased. Again, not sure it's allowed in this thread. 

My boredom relief is definitely not allowed in this thread. 

Rovers buses got bricked up in Forfar after the play off game in 2019 I was on bus 1 and we went through first so missed it. Walking to the buses there was a bunch of wee fuds all acting the big man (from a safe distance [emoji23]), think it was bus 3 that got bricked.

Again football related. 

Berwick 1983

Clydebank 1984

Albion Rovers 1987

In saying that, the worst (cough) example of brickings I remember was of Hearts buses on return from a Scottish Cup replay in Methil in 1977.

I hear Plean used to be quite the spot for bus bricking, although it's possible they were just trying to hurl rocks at the sun.

Edited by BFTD
Typooooo

Airdrie for me too, but with the school football team. We played Airdrie Academy in the Scottish Cup and after the game, the local neds put a brick clean through the window. They could have at least aimed for our teacher.

Many an away bus has come a cropper to neds with bricks, bottles and golf balls when visiting Firhill.  I think it was Hibs fans who got it particularly bad in Possil in the 90s. 

6 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

There used to be an open top tourist bus that went round Perth that I used to try and hit the top tier with water bombs when I was in Primary.

I grew up in Perth as well and have managed to completely wipe this from my memory. Where did the bus go? Can't have been the longest bus tour going

Lothian Buses, the bus company providing the majority of Edinburgh’s bus services, have announced that all evening services will be withdraw this evening from 7:30pm.  This follows numerous instances of buses being attacked with bricks across the city in the last few weeks. Reports of buses having missiles thrown at them have been recorded in Drylaw, Portobello, Gilmerton, Drumbrae and Balerno. 
Police have charged a number of youths with offences related to attacks on buses - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-56417250?fbclid=IwAR1irrQAivi6WGpNip9ml6MLF7zTBUQ10zfBLfXuwyfzKTf9ehYq3biinfo
Given the variety of areas affected it seems unlikely it’s the same kids doing this but is more like a copycat reaction to one event. I’m not sure I’ve ever been so bored that I started throwing bricks at buses but then I was never locked in the house for months at a time I suppose.

Have any P&Bers ever bricked a bus due to boredom?
Have any P&Bers ever been in a bus that was bricked?
what’s the strangest thing P&Bers have done to relieve boredom?

No.
Once at Clyde
NSFW.

47 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Rovers buses got bricked up in Forfar after the play off game in 2019 I was on bus 1 and we went through first so missed it. Walking to the buses there was a bunch of wee fuds all acting the big man (from a safe distance emoji23.png), think it was bus 3 that got bricked.

Went I went to Forfar with Dumbarton the bus tyres were slashed and we had to wait a bit longer in the pub after the game. Not the biggest problem ever.

6 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

I grew up in Perth as well and have managed to completely wipe this from my memory. Where did the bus go? Can't have been the longest bus tour going

You’re making me doubt myself now 😬 but my mate who I did it with lived up Kinnoull Hill so it must’ve gone up there for whatever reason. I’m sure it was maroon.

9 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

I dont remember this either

But there will be a one off run at some point in the summer sponsored by Betfred

3 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Lothian Buses, the bus company providing the majority of Edinburgh’s bus services, have announced that all evening services will be withdraw this evening from 7:30pm.  This follows numerous instances of buses being attacked with bricks across the city in the last few weeks. Reports of buses having missiles thrown at them have been recorded in Drylaw, Portobello, Gilmerton, Drumbrae and Balerno. 

Police have charged a number of youths with offences related to attacks on buses - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-56417250?fbclid=IwAR1irrQAivi6WGpNip9ml6MLF7zTBUQ10zfBLfXuwyfzKTf9ehYq3biinfo

Given the variety of areas affected it seems unlikely it’s the same kids doing this but is more like a copycat reaction to one event. I’m not sure I’ve ever been so bored that I started throwing bricks at buses but then I was never locked in the house for months at a time I suppose.

Have any P&Bers ever bricked a bus due to boredom?

Have any P&Bers ever been in a bus that was bricked?

what’s the strangest thing P&Bers have done to relieve boredom?

Yes.

Yes.

Became addicted to Pie & Bovril.