Buses bricked

Lothian Buses, the bus company providing the majority of Edinburgh’s bus services, have announced that all evening services will be withdraw this evening from 7:30pm.  This follows numerous instances of buses being attacked with bricks across the city in the last few weeks. Reports of buses having missiles thrown at them have been recorded in Drylaw, Portobello, Gilmerton, Drumbrae and Balerno. 

Police have charged a number of youths with offences related to attacks on buses - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-56417250?fbclid=IwAR1irrQAivi6WGpNip9ml6MLF7zTBUQ10zfBLfXuwyfzKTf9ehYq3biinfo

Given the variety of areas affected it seems unlikely it’s the same kids doing this but is more like a copycat reaction to one event. I’m not sure I’ve ever been so bored that I started throwing bricks at buses but then I was never locked in the house for months at a time I suppose.

Have any P&Bers ever bricked a bus due to boredom?

Have any P&Bers ever been in a bus that was bricked?

what’s the strangest thing P&Bers have done to relieve boredom?

This from Lothian Buses:

"All journeys across Edinburgh which are due to depart terminal points after 19.30hrs will not operate tonight as a result of escalating incidents of antisocial behaviour which are putting the safety and wellbeing of our drivers and customers at risk."

Throw the book at these c***s who've been charged. 

Edited by paranoid android

2 minutes ago, superbigal said:

I think I must point out it is not Bricks that were being thrown.  Actually I imagine throwing bricks must be quite challenging.   Unless you get the ones like bowling balls with the finger holes.

How do you know? Caught ye! (in a headlock). He's here, officer!

Edited by jimbaxters

I know folk who were on a Meadowbank supporters bus that got bricked outside Cliftonhill in the 1980s. It is believed it wasn't the Rovers fans that did it but general Coatbridge ned scum. 

It was Berwick fans who threw stones at our bus when we won the City Cup in the 1990s, the naughty fellows. 

Balerno is fairly well to do. These middle class Edinburgh scum, eh?! 

40 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

This from Lothian Buses:

"All journeys across Edinburgh which are due to depart terminal points after 19.30hrs will not operate tonight as a result of escalating incidents of antisocial behaviour which are putting the safety and wellbeing of our drivers and customers at risk."

Throw bricks at these c***s who've been charged. 

FTFY. An eye for an eye, and all that

When I was at primary school probably about p4 me and my pals threw sticks on the road and one hit a car and the driver didn't say anything but grassed us into the Headteacher who went mental. 

Never thrown anything onto the road/ at a car since.

Yes.

Yes.

Drew loads of cocks on a desk, chair, filing cabinet, wall and floor in school. Then realised I was sitting amongst a sea of pencil cocks and decided to let the teacher know I'd "found some graffiti" to take the heat off myself.