Clyde SSB

1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

As alluded to earlier, I don't listen to the channel at all. However, it seems Charlie Adam has not taken notice of Twain...

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you're a fool than to open it and remove all doubt".

Takes one to know one. 

download (2).jpeg

10 minutes ago, CCB19035 said:

And the fact he licks Rangers' arsehole in the media constantly. For f**k sake, he suggested they should get more than Dundee for sponsorship! Must be a true Dundee fan. 

As for your comments regarding 'personal abuse,' you're embarrassing yourself trying to defend Adam there. 

There's perhaps a conversation to be had about what is ok and isn't ok to sing on the terraces, but trying to bring up a silly wee song about your sisters pants and cry poor me, when a player who's just moved to the country is getting racist abuse, just not the same thing. 

No he didn't. 

5 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

The fact that Clyde still employ a known bigot like Alex Rae, and a dinosaur like Hugh Keevins, who knows jack shit about anything out with Glasgow, says all you need to know about that show.

Radio for the retarded 

whatever happened to Derek Johnstone ?

19 minutes ago, CCB19035 said:

And the fact he licks Rangers' arsehole in the media constantly. For f**k sake, he suggested they should get more than Dundee for sponsorship! Must be a true Dundee fan. 

As for your comments regarding 'personal abuse,' you're embarrassing yourself trying to defend Adam there. 

There's perhaps a conversation to be had about what is ok and isn't ok to sing on the terraces, but trying to bring up a silly wee song about your sisters pants and cry poor me, when a player who's just moved to the country is getting racist abuse, just not the same thing. 

What a lot of shite.

7 minutes ago, Meldrew said:

''that's just the way it is in this city''.....ffs, you quickly tire listening to that pish, you'd think Glasgow and the surrounding are was the only place on earth with an intense football rivalry 

It’s a farce the way some people talk about the city 

I’ve had people tell me with all seriousness, when Celtic and RFC play they need to put the city on lockdown, and you have running battles in the city centre 

it’s mental the overreaction from some

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

There was absolutely nothing wrong with Charlie Adam's comments. He was absolutely spot on in calling out fans that sing a vile song that is abusive to his family and indeed, Hibs fans chanting that Jason Cummings is a paedophile is scumbag material too.

The issue was his timing of it. Not the brightest move to bring it up instantly as they bring up Kyogo being racially abused.

Charlie Adam having over 300 comments to his twitter post many of which are just pure abuse and calling him all sorts from bigot to stuff that isn't worth mentioning again is just wild though.

The timing of it is horrendous. If Charlie Adam was upset or offended by the song he has had countless opportunities to call it out, why not do it at the time?

No much better to hijack a discussion regarding the racial abuse of a Celtic player to make the conversation about himself not being racially abused 🤦‍♂️ 

And the song itself is pretty mild let’s be honest and really doesn’t belong in a discussion re racist abuse

10 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

I’ve had people tell me with all seriousness, when Celtic and RFC play they need to put the city on lockdown, and you have running battles in the city centre 

having the good fortune not to have spent too much time in Ayrshire, i can't speak for that particular area, but a good majority of Lanarkshire, both sets of supporters in towns and villages are already friends and end up drinking together by last orders, that doesn't Happen in Buenos Aires or in Poland after the ''Holy War''

2 hours ago, Dee Man said:

What opinions exclusively on Rangers is this?

Just in recent weeks 

Charlie tries his hand at diplomacy

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/charlie-adam-offers-rangers-spfl-24689121.amp

Charlie fears an exodus of stars from Ibrox 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/what-every-pundit-said-rangers-24733072.amp

Charlie tells Sportsound he thinks Ryan Kents head has been turned 

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/08/11/has-his-head-been-turned-charlie-adam-spots-clue-about-15m-leeds-target/?amp

The fact that Clyde still employ a known bigot like Alex Rae, and a dinosaur like Hugh Keevins, who knows jack shit about anything out with Glasgow, says all you need to know about that show.
Radio for the retarded 

Fair play on calling others out as being dinosaurs and bigots whilst yourself using an offensive discriminatory term.

1 hour ago, Clown Job said:

Unfortunately it’s just part of the Scottish media 

They feel they can’t talk about Celtic without mentioning RFC and vice versus, no matter the topic

I find it very tedious, couldn’t behind to imagine what it’s like for everyone else

The world class whataboutery displayed by both sets of fans might have something to do with that.

53 minutes ago, CCB19035 said:

Firstly, if you were loathe to post the Record, why did you do it?

Secondly, why would you post a link to his comments that don't do anything to back up your claim but reinforce mine that he didn't say what you suggested? 

1 hour ago, Clown Job said:

Exactly, everyone knows the best place for a fight on OF day is outside Helen Street Police station, as all the cops at the game.

Fighting in the city centre, :lol:

23 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

The first link he's talking about Rangers AND Celtic, the second link is where he and a number of other players past and present are asked the same question and the third one is where he's a pundit on a radio show where he's presumably answering a question - not quite a spokesperson ramming his opinion down people's throats without being asked. 

Personally I'd rather he didn't do the punditry job and discuss other Scottish club's while he's employed by us but for people desperate to see him as 'a Rangers man' simply because he answers questions on his ex-employer is a bit mad. 

Here he is discussing Steve Bruce and Newcastle:

Here he is discussing Jordan Henderson and England:

https://talksport.com/football/892557/liverpool-charlie-adam-jordan-henderson-roy-keane-england-euro-2020/

Here he is discussing Ian Holloway and Sunderland:

https://talksport.com/football/efl/613074/ian-holloway-would-run-to-sunderland-as-former-player-charlie-adam-backs-him-for-job/

He's a part-time pundit who probably fancies a job in the media when he's done and answers the questions he's asked. Unfortunately 90% of questions in Scotland will be about the cheeks and the majority of the ones thrown his way will probably be more about Rangers as he used to play there. Surely this isn't an incredible revelation to any football fan in Scotland?