Clyde SSB

16 hours ago, bennett said:

Explains this.

I’ve had a chance to listen back to last night’s show & on reflection I’d like to apologise for some of the comments that I made. It was not my intention to cause any offence or upset. I abhor racism, sectarianism and all forms of bigotry.

I'm not sure Keevins even realises what his f**k up is judging by that apology. I don't think anyone would construe what he said was of him condoning racism, sectarianism or any form of bigotry. 

19 minutes ago, CCB19035 said:

Holy smokes Charlie Adam is a stupid *** c**t. 

What's he trying to actually say? That fans who sing about his sisters pants should be banned the same as the ones who racially abused a Celtic player?

IMHO he's trying to appeal to the staunch hoards of eejits that follow a certain club, as he always is. 

Christ, he's the captain at a Premiership club and he was saying the other week Rangers and Celtic should get more of the prize money, to the disadvantage of his own team 😂 

Best left ignored. 

Forgot he’s actually the captain. It should be really be stipulated that you stay from from the media (other than club duties) if you’re  taking it. Especially if you are a thick orc but then it’s really questionable if you should be having it in the first place.

Just now, CCB19035 said:

It's up to the individual, he obviously fancies a media career when he retires. Clyde SSB is probably his level with the morons that listen to that, he'll appeal to his own demographic. 

It’s not a great look for the club though if he is the figurehead of the team and he seems to be churning out whoppers on a weekly basis. Personally if it was my club I would rather the captain focus on club duties. Although perhaps the captaincy isn’t quite held in the regard as it used to be.

Guest TheJTS98
10 minutes ago, gannonball said:

It’s not a great look for the club though if he is the figurehead of the team and he seems to be churning out whoppers on a weekly basis. Personally if it was my club I would rather the captain focus on club duties. Although perhaps the captaincy isn’t quite held in the regard as it used to be.

I understand the general point here, but I don't see how media work distracts from club duties. It's perfectly possible to fulfill your role in your job and do something else on the side. Some players play golf, some have fashion labels, whatever. It's not like the role of club captain is being neglected by him doing something else with his evenings.

Active players doing punditry isn't for me though. Some Hearts people have done it and still do it, but I see no benefit to it whatsoever. Players can do columns about their experience or do interviews about their experience, but they should never be openly commenting on another club. It just benefits nobody.

14 minutes ago, CCB19035 said:

It's up to the individual, he obviously fancies a media career when he retires. Clyde SSB is probably his level with the morons that listen to that, he'll appeal to his own demographic. 

We all have our own self-delusions in life. But it's astonishing to me that this lad believes he's cut out for this and is being encouraged in it by other people. Quite unbelievable.

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

He's a Rangers fan so will want them to get more money naturally.

Adam’s moronic and poorly timed comments aside, I’m sure he is actually Dundee fan is he not? Possibly a soft spot for Rangers given his time here but I always thought given he’s from Fintry and tweeted about Dundee prior to joining them he was a fan of them.

Guest TheJTS98
6 minutes ago, CCB19035 said:

We all know in Scottish football it's entirely possible for someone to have a "wee team" and a "big team." 

Such is the old firm rot that plagues the nations beloved sport. 

That's actually pretty normal. I know various English people who have a big team and a wee team. I've got a Polish mate who supports Legia Warsaw and his local lower division team.

2 hours ago, CCB19035 said:

Adam was talking on Sportsound,  on BBC Radio Scotland. It was Keevins whose ill-advised ramblings were on Clyde SSB.

Edited by Toby

2 hours ago, AJF said:

Adam’s moronic and poorly timed comments aside, I’m sure he is actually Dundee fan is he not? Possibly a soft spot for Rangers given his time here but I always thought given he’s from Fintry and tweeted about Dundee prior to joining them he was a fan of them.

Sure they mentioned on one of their games, prob at Celtic, that he’s now playing for his boyhood team. 

Quite mad that people are getting their knickers in a twist - excuse the pun - about Charlie Adam's comments. Racism and the chants from the terracing aimed at his family are both forms of personal abuse from the terraces that none of these fuckwits would dare say to someone's face. I've already seen comments that racism is abhorrent but the abuse aimed at Adam are just a laugh. Put yourself in the shoes of the individuals on the receiving end of the abuse and ask yourself if one is worse than the other. 

On the subject of Adam's allegiances, I can confirm that he is definitely a Dundee fan. I've seen him at Dundee games on his own and sat with him for 90 minutes at Firhill. The "big team" stuff is just something that people here have made up in their heads without any substance whatsover, based on the fact that he started his career at Rangers - a particularly weak argument.

2 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Quite mad that people are getting their knickers in a twist - excuse the pun - about Charlie Adam's comments. Racism and the chants from the terracing aimed at his family are both forms of personal abuse from the terraces that none of these fuckwits would dare say to someone's face. I've already seen comments that racism is abhorrent but the abuse aimed at Adam are just a laugh. Put yourself in the shoes of the individuals on the receiving end of the abuse and ask yourself if one is worse than the other. 

On the subject of Adam's allegiances, I can confirm that he is definitely a Dundee fan. I've seen him at Dundee games on his own and sat with him for 90 minutes at Firhill. The "big team" stuff is just something that people here have made up in their heads without any substance whatsover, based on the fact that he started his career at Rangers - a particularly weak argument.

Hi Charlie. 

8 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

The "big team" stuff is just something that people here have made up in their heads without any substance whatsover, based on the fact that he started his career at Rangers - a particularly weak argument.

and that he appears to have taken on a role as their unofficial spokesperson in recent weeks and always seems to be on hand to offer an opinion on them 

1 minute ago, invergowrie arab said:

and that he appears to have taken on a role as their unofficial spokesperson in recent weeks and always seems to be on hand to offer an opinion on them 

"Get me a new Rangers man, John Brown is yesterday's news, get me someone young, relevant and Rangersy. Get me Charlie Adam".

8 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

What opinions exclusively on Rangers is this?

The problem with what Adam said is that I don’t remember him saying anything directly about the kyogo issue and just fired straight into comments about his sister. 

Definitely created a perception that he was changing the goalposts from a discussion about racism in football to a wider discussion about abuse at games so he could talk about what upsets him personally, which was a bit off really.  

I didn’t see a particular rangers defence angle from what he said though. 

There was absolutely nothing wrong with Charlie Adam's comments. He was absolutely spot on in calling out fans that sing a vile song that is abusive to his family and indeed, Hibs fans chanting that Jason Cummings is a paedophile is scumbag material too.

The issue was his timing of it. Not the brightest move to bring it up instantly as they bring up Kyogo being racially abused.

Charlie Adam having over 300 comments to his twitter post many of which are just pure abuse and calling him all sorts from bigot to stuff that isn't worth mentioning again is just wild though.