Clyde SSB

29 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Fucking hell

Almost stunning at that 

Fair play to the host calling challenging him over it 

Both coming from different directions, the staunch are more staunch is the point he was badly trying to make

Probably one of the worst takes of anything ever discussed on SSB. Surely if he listens back to it he'll know how poorly he's came across, should really make an attempt to atleast explain with a better choice of words on the next show. He surely can't be that stupid? 

I thought it was pretty clear that the point he was trying to make, is that you wouldn't have heard racist abuse being hurled from the terraces 60 years ago because there were no racial minorities on the pitch to abuse. He made a mess of it by not acknowledging that systematic racism was an everyday presence in wider society, but I think he was trying to make the legitimate point that with regard to the OF sectarianism was predominant to the point whereby racism was non-existent by comparison.

Context is vital. If he's talking purely about what happened inside Scottish football grounds and around the game in general, then I don't have any reason to doubt his sincerity. It's a daft statement 'there was no racism 60 years ago', but only if you take it out of it's intended context. Keevins' problem is that he failed to make the context clear and ended up sounding like he was making a palpably ridiculous point.

16 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

I thought it was pretty clear that the point he was trying to make, is that you wouldn't have heard racist abuse being hurled from the terraces 60 years ago because there were no racial minorities on the pitch to abuse. He made a mess of it by not acknowledging that systematic racism was an everyday presence in wider society, but I think he was trying to make the legitimate point that with regard to the OF sectarianism was predominant to the point whereby racism was non-existent by comparison.

Context is vital. If he's talking purely about what happened inside Scottish football grounds and around the game in general, then I don't have any reason to doubt his sincerity. It's a daft statement 'there was no racism 60 years ago', but only if you take it out of it's intended context. Keevins' problem is that he failed to make the context clear and ended up sounding like he was making a palpably ridiculous point.

Trying to separate racism and sectarianism when they are both forms of discrimination, there is no comparison to make. 

2 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

Yes but the context is there was no racism because there were no darkies to abuse.

Explains this.

I’ve had a chance to listen back to last night’s show & on reflection I’d like to apologise for some of the comments that I made. It was not my intention to cause any offence or upset. I abhor racism, sectarianism and all forms of bigotry.

1 hour ago, bennett said:

Explains this.

I’ve had a chance to listen back to last night’s show & on reflection I’d like to apologise for some of the comments that I made. It was not my intention to cause any offence or upset. I abhor racism, sectarianism and all forms of bigotry.

I will take this at face value……

Explains this.

To be fair at least he’s been honest that he has made a c**t of it unlike Charlie Adam who is continuing to dig a hole today.

Explains this.

For years I thought that was a parody account. I thought the photo was of Paul O'Grady ffs.

Explains this.

Fair play, its not always easy to stand up and admit you made a rip roaring c**t of something. 

2 hours ago, bennett said:

Explains this.

That's basically a copy and pasted apology you could get from any person that's been told to come out and acknowledge they made an arse of it

Fair play, its not always easy to stand up and admit you made a rip roaring c**t of something. 
Not easy unless of course the company you work for has had a word in your ear and explained a few things.

"had a chance to listen back"" is management speak for saying, Hugh can you come in here please, we need to have a chat. That's the "apology".

9 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Hugh Keevins should be in a nursing home.  The daft old fud.

Might be a wee bit off topic, as I never listen to Clyde or SSB, but on Radio Shortbread I regularly think that Pat Bonner and Wullie Miller are showing signs of early onset dementia.  There are times when Miller can hardly string a sentence together.  

There's no digs at either of them, but they're moving past "Yer Da" stages of confusion on to something a bit more sinister.  I hope they're both okay, but neither of them can remember who their favoured teams are playing, never mind any of the opposition player's names. 

I also genuinely thought that the Keevins twitter thing was a parody.  

2 minutes ago, CCB19035 said:

Holy smokes Charlie Adam is a stupid *** c**t. 

What's he trying to actually say? That fans who sing about his sisters pants should be banned the same as the ones who racially abused a Celtic player?

IMHO he's trying to appeal to the staunch hoards of eejits that follow a certain club, as he always is. 

Christ, he's the captain at a Premiership club and he was saying the other week Rangers and Celtic should get more of the prize money, to the disadvantage of his own team 😂 

Best left ignored. 

He's a Rangers fan so will want them to get more money naturally.