Clyde SSB

Will generally listen to it most days but only due to the convenience of the podcast so does me well when out running/at the gym or driving to and from work. If I had to make a point of being near the radio to catch it live at a set time I doubt I would bother. 

Have to agree with previous post that praised Gordon Duncan, comes across as  a genuinely decent guy and does a good job holding it all together. Can take or leave the majority of the pundits. Beat The Pundit and the Teaser are decent segments that break the show up. 

Can only laugh at the moon howling fans of the ugly sisters that make up 98% of the contributers to the show, can't say id ever be inclined to phone in myself but if they've nothing better to do than call in to pull up Hugh Keevins about something he said in 2008 and make an arse of theirselves then ill happily listen 

5 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I think you can get it in the Capital. But I'm not interested. Perhaps if they exclusively talked about QP, Partick, Morton, Dumbarton, St Mirren, Hamilton, Motherwell, Albion Rovers and Airdrie I might tune in but... 

It’s very fucking strange the hatred you have of Clyde.

I'll listen to the podcast if Celtic/Rangers have a poor result as it genuinely makes great entertainment. That Celtic fan who phoned a few weeks ago and ended up in tears was hilarious.

The show they did the night Scotland qualified for the Euros was excellent, I thought. Everyone was buzzing and it was good to hear people's stories about following Scotland rather than the usual Old Firm pish.

Can only echo what others have said about Gordon Duncan who is an excellent lead and a million time better than Gerry Mcculloch who presented before him. I'll also stick up for Gordon Dalziel who clearly is thick as mince but also fairly harmless. Alex Rae makes Dalziel seem like Einstein.

Following on from the DL and Rae battering, Mark Wilson is thick as mince as well, not a surprise he has been an abject failure in football management. The fact these guys make that raging *** Halliday seem a decent listen is mental. You can practically hear the staunch seeping out of him though as he tries to remain ‘balanced’ when he is on.

I’ll listen if I’m cooking around the time it’s on or driving anyway, wouldn’t go out my way to listen to it.

Edited by Scotty Tunbridge

20 hours ago, Toby said:

I think it’s only fair to point out that Gordon Duncan is IMO, the best pundit/anchor in the country.

Agree here, I think he'd be an excellent host on the national station whenever Richard Gordon moves on.

On 17/03/2021 at 13:11, tamthebam said:

I think you can get it in the Capital. But I'm not interested. Perhaps if they exclusively talked about QP, Partick, Morton, Dumbarton, St Mirren, Hamilton, Motherwell, Albion Rovers and Airdrie I might tune in but... 

Edited by SouthLanarkshireWhite

20 hours ago, sam2304 said:

Will generally listen to it most days but only due to the convenience of the podcast so does me well when out running/at the gym or driving to and from work. If I had to make a point of being near the radio to catch it live at a set time I doubt I would bother. 

Have to agree with previous post that praised Gordon Duncan, comes across as  a genuinely decent guy and does a good job holding it all together. Can take or leave the majority of the pundits. Beat The Pundit and the Teaser are decent segments that break the show up. 

Can only laugh at the moon howling fans of the ugly sisters that make up 98% of the contributers to the show, can't say id ever be inclined to phone in myself but if they've nothing better to do than call in to pull up Hugh Keevins about something he said in 2008 and make an arse of theirselves then ill happily listen 

It is depressing because it reminds you how utterly thick/petty/inward-looking a large proportion of Scots are....

Just now, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

It is depressing because it reminds you how utterly thick/petty/inward-looking a large proportion of Scots are....

If it keeps them in the house for a couple of hours that can’t be a bad thing.

• 3 weeks later...

Refs are such an easy target and it's absolute nonsense to blame them for a defeat.

I'm always genuinely amazed that there are people who are so astonishingly stupid when it comes to referees. They actually think these officials are 'inconsistent' in how they apply the rules; the exact opposite is the case for the vast majority of referees the vast majority of time. They are very consistent. They consistently apply the rules in relation to how they see the incident. This means they won't have always have the best view and will sometimes get things wrong. I'd far rather that than the absolute pish that is VAR.