Clyde SSB

What is the reach of this show? It’s target is west central Scotland and all good **** and **** everywhere.  Do any of the other regional broadcasters pick it up?

I sometimes tune in after one of them suffers a defeat or there is a protest or they are denied something to listen to the roasters wax on about their persecutions.  It is a therapy session for contributors and listeners alike.

The trait I like is when someone says, I hope Walter Smith gets better ‘and I am a Celtic fan’.  As if this adds weight to their message.  Being a human is not sufficient.

2 hours ago, ropy said:

What is the reach of this show? It’s target is west central Scotland and all good **** and **** everywhere.  Do any of the other regional broadcasters pick it up?

Too high pitched and nasally for the rest of Scotland to understand.

You just know the folk talking will have  rat like features. 

I think you can get it in the Capital. But I'm not interested. Perhaps if they exclusively talked about QP, Partick, Morton, Dumbarton, St Mirren, Hamilton, Motherwell, Albion Rovers and Airdrie I might tune in but... 

23 minutes ago, bennett said:

It's usually along the lines of " hello panel I'm a celtic fan and I'm on to talk about Sevco ".

Interestingly, or not as the case may be, I have separate groups of friends who support either side of the OF and listen to the show. They do this so they can build up their dossier of conspiracy theories on both their opposition and how the SFA/SG/SPFL have acted against them. If I mention, just for example, a bad bit of refereeing completely unconnected, they will trot out, almost verbatim, what was said in the radio as if to confirm that, no matter what, their team have been wronged worse.

Super Scoreboard is of course tabloid radio, which relies on mouth breathing Rangers and Celtic fans but I think it’s only fair to point out that Gordon Duncan is IMO, the best pundit/anchor in the country.

He generally offers a voice of reason and puts those who can’t take off the blinkers firmly in their box, which can be quite entertaining in itself.

I used to only listen in when Jim Duffy was the Morton manager and was on, but find myself listening far more frequently these days. Gordon Dalziel however is horrendous. How a guy as thick as him can make a living out of the game is beyond me.

5 minutes ago, Toby said:

Super Scoreboard is of course tabloid radio, which relies on mouth breathing Rangers and Celtic fans but I think it’s only fair to point out that Gordon Duncan is IMO, the best pundit/anchor in the country.

He generally offers a voice of reason and puts those who can’t take off the blinkers firmly in their box, which can be quite entertaining in itself.

I used to only listen in when Jim Duffy was the Morton manager and was on, but find myself listening far more frequently these days. Gordon Dalziel however is horrendous. How a guy as thick as him can make a living out of the game is beyond me.

Does Dalziel have a job, does his income come from SSB or did he make enough from the game to live a comfortable life?

5 hours ago, bennett said:

It's usually along the lines of " hello panel I'm a celtic fan and I'm on to talk about Sevco ".

This sums up the huuns n tiims. Always think the other one is talkin about them while not noticing they are doing the same. It's also allowed for folk to speak about other teams.

1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

Listen to the podcast now and again. It's great fun. I'm not sure it's not all a massive piss take, tbh. 

I think it is. It has to be