Ayr v Raith

you guys have been struggling for goals last few weeks, what has changed? 

Seems to have changed after our wee Covid outbreak, Duku was scoring freely and hasn’t looked the same, we’ve got striking options but none seem to be in form at the moment. Midfield also seem to not be producing as many chances perhaps teams have combated our style of play better now. On the plus side our defence seems to have improved as we’re leaking less goals but unless we score at the other end it’s still an issue.

Well spent my £12.50 on the game but I’m not confident as we seem to have hit the buffers a wee bit this season. Get the feeling a win could launch our confidence again but that’ll be no easy task over in Ayr. Sad but I’d take a 0-0 here before a ball is kicked as our goals have dried up lately. Maybe we’re due a bit of luck and can show some of our earlier form. Crazy this season you get a sore neck looking up and down the table each week.

45 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

you guys have been struggling for goals last few weeks, what has changed? 

Well, when I say this I'll get a barage of incendiaries, but we havent been the same since Paul Smith stepped aside for McGlynn. Not that I'm sniping at McGlynn but Payl Smith had us like Brazil '74, and now its so much passing back and forward along the back.

Well, when I say this I'll get a barage of incendiaries, but we havent been the same since Paul Smith stepped aside for McGlynn. Not that I'm sniping at McGlynn but Payl Smith had us like Brazil '74, and now its so much passing back and forward along the back.
This. Unfortunately.

Don’t think you will it’s definitely changed around that time, is it because McGlynn plays differently or just a coincidence that our form dipped due to teams working out how best to play against us, we’ll never know.

13 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

I’ve entered my ‘Match Day Access Code’ on the main PPV page. However, when I press ‘view match’ nothing is happening? It just keeps me on the main screen with the ‘Purchase Pay Per View’ ‘Match Day Access Code’ and ‘Season Ticket Holders’ options.

Is this normal? When I paid this morning it took me to a video player straight away although there was obviously nothing playing at that time so don’t think it’s anything to do with the time the video feed goes live.

I’ve contact support on the webpage about it but not received a reply yet (understand they will be very busy) so just wondering if anyone has come across this problem before and has a quick fix? 

@itzdrk mans the live chat. I'm sure he'll help you out.

53 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Don’t think you will it’s definitely changed around that time, is it because McGlynn plays differently or just a coincidence that our form dipped due to teams working out how best to play against us, we’ll never know.

I think that's definitely a factor. Inverness up there were the first to sus us out back at the end of November and other teams like QOS and Arbroath have played the same high pressing game against us.

Ew7g6vzWYAMo59R?format=png&name=small

As anticipated, McGlynn rings the changes.

Nominally I'd say that's the same shape as we've been using, but Vaughan int the middle and Gullan wide left should give us a more direct goalscoring threat from the midfield compared to Kennedy and Spencer. It's harsh on Kennedy in particular, because his individual performances have been at a higher level than a lot of others, but as the truest out-and-out winger, he's probably also the biggest culprit (through no real fault of his own) in our recent predictability. 

You'd expect Vaughan and Gullan to get a lot closer to Duku, and whilst it's quite a lop-sided formation, Armstrong should have a lot more to aim for when he's got the ball in open play. I think Ayr's right back will need to have a big afternoon, or their right sided centre-half could find himself overloaded.  

1 hour ago, Raith_Raver said:

I think you’d be pretty safe with that comment. If dissenting voices like mine said it, I’d get the vitriol of fake outrage pointed at me. This lot are pretty choosy with their hate figures.