Ayr v Raith

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

John McGlynn absolutely loves Lewis Vaughan. There is no way we won’t offer him a new deal. That’s an incredible take.

Unless he can stay consistently fit and get a run of games for what's left of this season I'll be asking questions if we don't release him. We can't be handing out new contracts to someone who'll we can't rely on to be fit. 

Thing is, if he doesn’t stay fit for the rest of the season he won’t get a sniff of a deal elsewhere.
In that case we could probably offer him some sort of play as you play deal which would be relatively risk-free for the club.

I’d be amazed if he’s not with the Rovers next season.

34 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

Thing is, if he doesn’t stay fit for the rest of the season he won’t get a sniff of a deal elsewhere.
In that case we could probably offer him some sort of play as you play deal which would be relatively risk-free for the club.

I’d be amazed if he’s not with the Rovers next season.

Yup. Long lay off, not really match sharp and still the best attacking threat we had on the field yesterday.

I'd also like to think that Vaughan would stick with us even if offered deals elsewhere as we've stuck by him for so long. The medical costs will have been quite substantial for a club our size and the board have mentioned in the past about medical expenses being a big drain (although this was across a number of players). I'm sure some clubs would have dumped him long ago.

6 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

John McGlynn absolutely loves Lewis Vaughan. There is no way we won’t offer him a new deal. That’s an incredible take.

JMcG is also a football manager, through and through. His love of a player is important, but I’m willing to bet his decision to offer/not offer Vaughan will pivot on a simple look at his performance and health. If he shows he’s recovered and can stay fit for the remainder of the season, I’d feel confident that he has a chance...but if his leg issues flare again, I think even JMcG would be in the not offer camp, and be personally devastated because of it. I’d also expect JMcG to use his contacts to help Vaughan find somewhere to land that he thinks will give him the support he needs, if that happens.

Vaughan leaving would hurt more than Nisbet, Anderson or even Hendry when he inevitably departs. Been times where Lewis has carried us through games where we have deserved f**k all. He’s an absolute class act, off the pitch and of course on it. Can’t think of a player where the club and fans respect and admire a player as much as we do for Wee Vaughany. If he ever does sign a new contract I think I will be the happiest lad in Fife, and if he doesn’t, then I truly hope he has the greatest career he can achieve despite having the shitest luck, most players would’ve packed it in at this stage. 

Mind folk started a rumour that we were just going to outright buy Vaughan from Raith after we beat them to the league. The wee guy hated us but for some reason folk were certain he was coming to us.

Mind folk started a rumour that we were just going to outright buy Vaughan from Raith after we beat them to the league. The wee guy hated us but for some reason folk were certain he was coming to us.
I think everyone knew it was shithousing. Since then he's come back from two ACL injuries. So long as he's injury free until the end of the season I can't see any reason why we'd not offer him a new deal. Both parties have shown uncommon loyalty to each other for the modern game. Vaughan could've left easily and we could've ditched him.

Vaughan leaving would hurt more than Nisbet, Anderson or even Hendry when he inevitably departs. Been times where Lewis has carried us through games where we have deserved f**k all. He’s an absolute class act, off the pitch and of course on it. Can’t think of a player where the club and fans respect and admire a player as much as we do for Wee Vaughany. If he ever does sign a new contract I think I will be the happiest lad in Fife, and if he doesn’t, then I truly hope he has the greatest career he can achieve despite having the shitest luck, most players would’ve packed it in at this stage. 

Bambino, is that you?

I have no idea why but despite him spending the last 4 years injured, it would hurt massively to see him go. The guy bleeds Rovers. And he’s the townie skelper so I’m all for offering him a lifetime contract tbh.

5 hours ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

I have no idea why but despite him spending the last 4 years injured, it would hurt massively to see him go. The guy bleeds Rovers. And he’s the townie skelper so I’m all for offering him a lifetime contract tbh.

It’s because we know there is/was genuinely great player there who has had a terrible run of injuries...and, yet, has fought back from every one of them because he simply wants to play. It’s the “plucky underdog” story you dream of, where the underdog reveals himself to be the best player on the pitch if given his last chance...at least, that’s what we all secretly believe without knowing after these injuries. 

We also recognize the drive and grit that’s required to soldier through this welter of knee issues and still try to play.

I think it says something when we routinely get fans of other teams wishing him well and a speedy recovery. Everyone recognises the struggles he's been through and that we've almost been robbed of watching a great, exciting player even if he would have been away some time ago if he never had the injuries.